Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Using pointers to struct members as args to functions Post 302542822 by JohnGraham on Thursday 28th of July 2011 04:50:12 PM
Old 07-28-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiop44
JohnGraham: Would const be useful if the struct was as follows?

Code:
const struct kelly {
/* ... */
void (*lg)(int);
} friends[] = {
/* ... */
};

Yes, (assuming you want all the elements of your array to be const) since that's qualifying the array. It seemed like you wanted to make a const type (which you could do with a typedef).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Pointer to a struct (with pointers) *** glibc detected *** double free

I am using a structure defined as follows struct gene_square { double *x; double *y; };I have class, with a member function which is a pointer of this type: gene_square* m_Genes;I am allocating memory in the constructors like this: m_Genes = new gene_square; for (ii=0;... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatoo
1 Replies

2. Homework & Coursework Questions

C++ struct pointers & functions

Hi All, My latest assignment (practice not coursework!) is to write prototype interactive exam/test console application. I've used structs to store the question information (not sure if this was the best way to do it?) and I have the following code that outputs each question and it's possible... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pondlife
0 Replies

3. Programming

functions that manipulate void pointers

I have two or more linked lists that have the same names for their "next". For example, struct server_t { sockaddr_in * sin; server_t * next_; } struct player_t { char name; player_t * next_; } How can I get a function to take in either type and manipulate the pointers? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyramation
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to access a struct within a struct?

Can someone tell me how to do this? Just a thought that entered my mind when learning about structs. First thought was: struct one { struct two; } struct two { three; } one->two->three would this be how you would access "three"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unbelievable21
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Passing pointers to struct

Hi, i'm trying to copy a struct into a binary file using the unix instruction write, so i declare and fill the struct "superbloque" in one function "initSB" and then i pass the pointer to another function called bwrite (for block write) which calls write. The problem is that i call the function... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ignatius3
2 Replies

6. Programming

Passing an instance of struct to functions in other src files

I am trying to work out the best syntax for a relatively simple operation. The goal is to declare an instance of a struct and pass it around to be populated and have the data manipulated. There is an extra wrinkle in that the functions are in different src files. The main is simple, #include... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

7. Programming

Storing C++-struct in file - problem when adding new item in struct

Hi, I have received an application that stores some properties in a file. The existing struct looks like this: struct TData { UINT uSizeIncludingStrings; // copy of Telnet data struct UINT uSize; // basic properties: TCHAR szHost; //defined in Sshconfig UINT iPortNr; TCHAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

8. Programming

Dynamically enumerating the members of a C++ struct

In C++ there is a struct with the following structure: typedef struct myStruct { string s_date; float fA; float fB; float fC; ..... float fZ; } myData; After some computations on the values of the struct members are inserted into a database table: myData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args

Store args passed in array but not the first 2 args. # bash declare -a arr=("$@") s=$(IFS=, eval 'echo "${arr}"') echo "$s" output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 1,2,3,4,5,6 Desired output: sh array.sh 1 2 3 4 5 6 3,4,5,6 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: iaav
2 Replies
iv_inotify(3)						    ivykis programmer's manual						     iv_inotify(3)

NAME
IV_INOTIFY_INIT, iv_inotify_register, iv_inotify_unregister, IV_INOTIFY_WATCH_INIT, iv_inotify_watch_register, iv_inotify_watch_unregister - ivykis inotify(7) wrapper SYNOPSIS
#include <iv_inotify.h> struct iv_inotify { }; void IV_INOTIFY_INIT(struct iv_inotify *inotify); int iv_inotify_register(struct iv_inotify *inotify); void iv_inotify_unregister(struct iv_inotify *inotify); struct iv_inotify_watch { struct iv_inotify *inotify; const char *pathname; uint32_t mask; void *cookie; void (*handler)(void *, struct inotify_event *); }; void IV_INOTIFY_WATCH_INIT(struct iv_inotify_watch *watch); int iv_inotify_watch_register(struct iv_inotify_watch *watch); int iv_inotify_watch_unregister(struct iv_inotify_watch *watch); DESCRIPTION
The iv_inotify_register function registers an iv_inotify instance with the iv_inotify(3) module. The inotify parameter is a pointer to the iv_inotify structure to be registered. The iv_inotify_unregister function unregisters an iv_inotify instance from the iv_inotify(3) module. The inotify parameter is a pointer to the iv_inotify structure to be unregistered. The iv_inotify_watch_register function adds a watch to the registered iv_inotify instance specified by the ->inotify member. The iv_inotify_watch_unregister function removes a watch from the iv_inotify instance specified by the ->inotify member. In the iv_inotify_watch structure used in these functions, the ->pathname and ->mask members correspond to the members of struct ino- tify_watch as described in inotify(7). ->handler is the event handler called when this watch triggers. The arguments to this handler function are the pointer stored in the ->cookie member of the iv_inotify_watch structure and a pointer to an inotify_event structure as described in inotify(7). RETURN VALUE
iv_inotify_register and iv_inotify_watch_register return zero on success. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
iv_inotify will return errors returned by inotify_init(3) and inotify_add_watch(3). SEE ALSO
ivykis(3), inotify(7), inotify_init(3), inotify_add_watch(3), inotify_rm_watch(3) ivykis 2009-02-07 iv_inotify(3)