Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Two databases
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Two databases Post 302542319 by Nitrodist on Wednesday 27th of July 2011 08:24:28 AM
Old 07-27-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by itkamaraj
Code:
select * from 1.employee
minus 
select * from 2.employee

What kind of SQL syntax is 'minus' ?

Anjali, you're probably looking for a JOIN between the tables.

To answer your question as to the same column name being in both tables, you have to fully qualify each column if their names are shared (actually, it's a good idea to fully qualify with the abbreviated name at this point).

So, if you had two tables, such as Student and Student_Grades, both which had a Student_ID column, you would qualify it as Student.Student_ID and Student_Grades.Student_ID.

The wikipedia article that I linked has a good example of JOINs and the qualified naming that you have to do (in their example, it's an employee and their department).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ASP and Databases on UNIX?

I have been asked to use ASP on UNIX and I have no idea what the limitations are. I have pages using ASP on NT with SQL7, is there an easy transition for my current pages to work on UNIX? Any help is much appreciated. THX (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkropolis
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix and databases

I had a person ask me if a Sql database can be run with Unix? I don't know can this be done? They only have Sql dba's and no oracle dba but want to use a Unix box???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tyranunn
1 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

Security Databases are corrupt. HELP!!

Help! SCO Unix 5.05. A relatievely new system went down on me today. I got the dreaded error: Out of Space on Device (1/42). I was able to clear up some space in the /tmp directory, however, when I try to boot, the system prompts me to go into single user mode and I get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Checking which databases are installed

I want to check which databases are installed on my FreeBSD installation. This is what I did: pkg_info | grep mysql How do I check all in one go whether also sqlite, postgresql, firebird is installed? Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Web Development

Deleting databases in MYSQL problem asking...

Hi, I'm the new user of mysql. I facing one problem to delete one of the database in mysql. Hope can get all of your suggestion and advice. Input: mysql> show databases; +-------------------------+ | Database | +-------------------------+ | information_schema | |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
3 Replies

6. Solaris

SVM - there are no existing databases.

I am facing problems with SVM installed on vmware workstation on intel platform. I have created replicas and a mirror volume using unmountable slices. But when I reboot my hardware I am not able to execute any SVM cmd's getting an error "there are no existing databases." Below are o/p's of few... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul_11d
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Diff command with databases

How can we compare query results from different databases using Unix diff command from command-line in Ab Initio tool? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eshalife
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in backing up of databases.

Hi Everyone, I am new to DBA stuff. I wonder if anyone can help me. Task is that, I have 10 databases and need to take backups of all the databases using data pump in Unix/Linux, compress them using gzip and use cron to schedule the job twice a day. Appreciate if anyone can help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreepriya0987
1 Replies

9. Programming

MySQL Databases

Hello all again, How do you guys backup your MySQL databases? I have a few programs that have an default back up that make an .sql file which is great but I also use OpenX which runs on PHP and has a database. That does not have an auto-back-up feature so do I just download the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AimyThomas
2 Replies
CTL_CYRUSDB(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    CTL_CYRUSDB(8)

NAME
ctl_cyrusdb - perform operations common to all Cyrus databases SYNOPSIS
ctl_cyrusdb [ -C config-file ] -r [ -x ] ctl_cyrusdb [ -C config-file ] -c DESCRIPTION
Ctl_cyrusdb is used to perform various administrative operations on the Cyrus databases. Ctl_cyrusdb reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C. The configdirectory option is used to determine the default location of the Cyrus databases. OPTIONS
-C config-file Read configuration options from config-file. -r Recover the databases after an application or system failure. Also performs database cleanup like removing mailbox reservations (and any associated mailbox files). All mailbox files are also checked to make sure the file format matches the configured database type in imapd.conf. If not, the file is automatically converted using the same logic as cvt_cyrusdb. -x Used with -r to recover the database only. (Prevents database cleanup). -c Checkpoint and archive the databases. Changes to the database which are part of committed transactions are written to disk. Also, a hot backup of the databases is made and inactive log files are removed. FILES
/etc/imapd.conf SEE ALSO
imapd.conf(5), cyrmaster(8) CMU
Project Cyrus CTL_CYRUSDB(8)