Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: port 24 private mail
Special Forums IP Networking port 24 private mail Post 302541926 by programAngel on Tuesday 26th of July 2011 07:19:30 AM
Old 07-26-2011
so there is no difference between "private mail" system and mail system but to the fact that they listen to different ports?

Am I right?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

private network to private network gateway

i have one private network with one ip address, and i have a seperate network on a seperate ip address. now, each network is behind a firewall/router. now what i want to do is be able to access one server on the second network from a computer on the first., but with the private ip address, (this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need to configure mail setting to send mail to outlook mail server

i have sun machines having solaris 9 & 10 OS . Now i need to send mail from the machines to my outlook account . I have the ip adress of OUTLOOK mail server. Now what are the setting i need to do in solaris machines so that i can use mailx or sendmail. actually i am trying to automate the high... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to enable Serial port on ILOM, when Network Port is enabled in parallel

Hi Everyone, In my environment, I have few T5220. On the iLOM Management Card, I have both Network and Serial port are cabled, I don't have any issues while I try to connect using Network Management port, but when I try to connect the serial port for the same server which is actually connected... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
3 Replies

4. AIX

Switch Port Becoming Private & restricting access

Hello folks, I have an AIX server that is connected to a storage array via a Brocade switch using 4 ports from either side. The zoning is done such that there are 4 paths visible from the server to the storage. My work involves frequent disabling or enabling the switch ports that are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkiran
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

Tcp ip port open but no such process (merged: Release A Port)

i want to kill a tcp connection by killing its pid with netstat -an i got the tcp ip connection on port 5914 but when i type ps -a or ps-e there is not such process running on port 5914 is it possible that because i do not log on with proper user account i can not see that process running? (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: alinamadchian
30 Replies

6. Solaris

Cabling and adapters to communicate to service processor serial port from Windows PC with USB port.

Hello, I have an unloaded T5140 machine and want to access the ILOM for the first time and subsequently the network port after that., and then load Solaris 10 the final January 2011 build. The first part is what confuses me -the cabling. I am coming from a Windows machine (w/appropriate... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joboy
5 Replies

7. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bash script, find the next closed (not in use) port from some port range.

hi, i would like to create a bash script that check which port in my Linux server are closed (not in use) from a specific range, port range (3000-3010). the print output need to be only 1 port, and it will be nice if the output will be saved as a variable or in same file. my code is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yossi
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Client was not authenticated to send anonymous mail during MAIL FROM (in reply to MAIL FROM comm

I am having trouble getting mail to work on a red hat server. At first I was getting this message. Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; delivery temporarily suspended: connect to :25: Connection refused Then added the port to my firewall. Then I temporarily turned off selinux. I then copied this file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies
IWPRIV(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 IWPRIV(8)

NAME
iwpriv - configure optionals (private) parameters of a wireless network interface SYNOPSIS
iwpriv [interface] iwpriv interface private-command [private-parameters] iwpriv interface private-command [I] [private-parameters] iwpriv interface --all iwpriv interface roam {on,off} iwpriv interface port {ad-hoc,managed,N} DESCRIPTION
Iwpriv is the companion tool to iwconfig(8). Iwpriv deals with parameters and setting specific to each driver (as opposed to iwconfig which deals with generic ones). Without any argument, iwpriv list the available private commands available on each interface, and the parameters that they require. Using this information, the user may apply those interface specific commands on the specified interface. In theory, the documentation of each device driver should indicate how to use those interface specific commands and their effect. PARAMETERS
private-command [private-parameters] Execute the specified private-command on the interface. The command may optionally take or require arguments, and may display information. Therefore, the command line parameters may or may not be needed and should match the command expectations. The list of commands that iwpriv displays (when called without argument) should give you some hints about those parameters. However you should refer to the device driver documentation for information on how to properly use the command and the effect. private-command [I] [ private-parameters ] Idem, except that I (an integer) is passed to the command as a Token Index. Only some command will use the Token Index (most will ignore it), and the driver documentation should tell you when it's needed. -a/--all Execute and display all the private commands that don't take any arguments (i.e. read only). roam Enable or disable roaming, if supported. Call the private command setroam. Found in the wavelan_cs driver. port Read or configure the port type. Call the private commands gport_type, sport_type, get_port or set_port found in the wavelan2_cs and wvlan_cs drivers. DISPLAY
For each device which support private commands, iwpriv will display the list of private commands available. This include the name of the private command, the number or arguments that may be set and their type, and the number or arguments that may be display and their type. For example, you may have the following display : eth0 Available private ioctl : setqualthr (89F0) : set 1 byte & get 0 gethisto (89F7) : set 0 & get 16 int This indicate that you may set the quality threshold and display an histogram of up to 16 values with the following commands : iwpriv eth0 setqualthr 20 iwpriv eth0 gethisto AUTHOR
Jean Tourrilhes - jt@hpl.hp.com FILES
/proc/net/wireless SEE ALSO
ifconfig(8), iwconfig(8), iwlist(8), iwspy(8), wavelan(4), wavelan_cs(4), wvlan_cs(4), netwave_cs(4). net-tools 31 October 1996 IWPRIV(8)