Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A help to create an ELF file
Top Forums Programming A help to create an ELF file Post 302541235 by linecoder on Saturday 23rd of July 2011 07:52:22 AM
Old 07-23-2011
Absolutilly thanks jim. I finally understand about the .ELF Maybe I can create an file but I will search fo r a Unix system first.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

How to find Dependent libraries in ELF file?

Dear group, I need to load dependent libraries for an application which is in ELF format.please let me know how to parse the ELF file to find dependent libraries. thnaks in advance, Ravinder (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravinder.are
3 Replies

2. Linux

editing ELF file

Hello, This is not exactly relevant to Linux kernel but I'm gonna ask any way. Is there any way I can modify a 64-bit ELF object file to make it look like 32-bit ELF object file and link it (using `ld`) with 32-bit ELF file? I tried libelf but was unsuccessful. I had this pretty link... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejuwala
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running elf files

I have a few questions about elf files and how they are executed. When gcc compiles a elf file it creates an executable. Is this executable then run directly by the hardware or does the kernel get involved, interpret the elf file and place the asm code directly in memory. Cheers (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mshindo
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can i read a non text file in unix - ELF-64 executable object file - IA64

The binary file is ELF-64 executable object file - IA64. How i know that the source is Is there any comamnd in unix i can read these kind of files or use a thirty party software? Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
8 Replies

5. Linux

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
0 Replies

6. Programming

Reading ELF file Symbol table of C++ program

Folks, I have some program(Test.cpp) as follows, #include<iostream> class Abc { private: int _theVar; public : int printVar(); }; int Abc :: printVar() { _theVar=10; } main() { Abc _t; (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinod_chitrali
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Not a Vaild ELF File

Hi Anyone, I have two disks , one is primary and anothe is mirror. I checked my mirror disk , It was fine. After that i booted from my primary disk, did some installations regarding kernel patches. It did not get booted properly. It says ==================== Not a valid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ps -elf AND grep for changes

Hoping theres something already out there like this. I have a list of proccesses who's "ps -elf" (field 10) values I need to continuously monitor and if the values of field 10 start to signiciantly increase (double, triple) then do something. The field 10 is the "memory size" field. (these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
GELF_CHECKSUM(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  GELF_CHECKSUM(3)

NAME
elf32_checksum, elf64_checksum, gelf_checksum -- return the checksum of an ELF object LIBRARY
ELF Access Library (libelf, -lelf) SYNOPSIS
#include <libelf.h> long elf32_checksum(Elf *elf); long elf64_checksum(Elf *elf); #include <gelf.h> long gelf_checksum(Elf *elf); DESCRIPTION
These functions return a simple checksum of the ELF object described by their argument elf. The checksum is computed in way that allows its value to remain unchanged in presence of modifications to the ELF object by utilities like strip(1). Function elf32_checksum() returns a checksum for an ELF descriptor elf of class ELFCLASS32. Function elf64_checksum() returns a checksum for an ELF descriptor elf of class ELFCLASS64. Function gelf_checksum() provides a class-independent way retrieving the checksum for ELF object elf. RETURN VALUES
These functions return the checksum of the ELF object, or zero in case an error was encountered. ERRORS
These functions may fail with the following errors: [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was NULL. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] Argument elf was not a descriptor for an ELF file. [ELF_E_ARGUMENT] The ELF descriptor elf was not opened for reading or updating. [ELF_E_CLASS] For functions elf32_checksum() and elf64_checksum(), ELF descriptor elf did not match the class of the called function. [ELF_E_HEADER] The ELF object specified by argument elf had a malformed executable header. [ELF_E_RESOURCE] An out of memory condition was detected during processing. [ELF_E_SECTION] The ELF object specified by argument elf contained a section with a malformed section header. [ELF_E_VERSION] The ELF object was of an unsupported version. SEE ALSO
strip(1), elf(3), gelf(3) BSD
August 29, 2006 BSD