Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Concatenate strings retrieved from a file and write it into another file Post 302541029 by linuxadmin on Friday 22nd of July 2011 08:35:21 AM
Old 07-22-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by itkamaraj
Code:

nawk -F";" '{printf("www/xxx/%s/yyy/%s\n",$1,$2)}' files.txt

just same as this..

Code:
awk -F";" '{print "www/xxx/"$1"/yyy/"$2}' inputfile

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to concatenate two strings or several strings into one string in B-shell?

like connect "summer" and "winter" to "summerwinter"? Can anybody help me? thanks a lot. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fontana
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate Strings

Hi Friends, I have a requirement I need to concatenate the below two strings. String 1 = /@jobid_at_ String 2 = value stored in ORACLE_SID String 3 = string1 concatenated with String 2. Please let me know how should i do it in UNIX. Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute command on first column (filename) retrieved from a file

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which in turn contains 20 file names as column 1. Now I want to run a command "ct co -nc" / "cp" / "mv" on each of these $1 column content i.e. on each of the 20 file names. How can do this using a script so that I need not run the same command 20 times... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a script to extract strings from a file.

Hello fourm members, I want to write a script to extarct paticular strings from the all type of files(.sh files,logfiles,txtfiles) and redirect into a log file. example: I have to find the line below in the script and extract the uname and Pwds. sqsh -scia2007 -DD0011uw01 -uciadev... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

concatenate strings

if i use echo "ravi" echo "sankar" it showing output ravi sankar but i want output as ravi sankar remember sankar should be in another echo statement only (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shankr3
2 Replies

6. Web Development

Concatenate Strings

hi..:) this is my sample part of my program.. $csv_output .= $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeneca
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for string in a file, extract two another strings and concatenate to a variable

I have a file with <suit:run date="Trump Tue 06/19/2012 11:41 AM EDT" machine="garg-ln" build="19921" level="beta" release="6.1.5" os="Linux"> Need to find word "build" then extract build number, which is 19921 also release number, which is 6.1.5 then concatenate them to one variable as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: garg
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match list of strings in File A and compare with File B, C and write to a output file in CSV format

Hi Friends, I'm a great fan of this forum... it has helped me tone my skills in shell scripting. I have a challenge here, which I'm sure you guys would help me in achieving... File A has a list of job ids and I need to compare this with the File B (*.log) and File C (extend *.log) and copy... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Use strings from nth field from one file to match strings in entire line in another file, awk

I cannot seem to get what should be a simple awk one-liner to work correctly and cannot figure out why. I would like to use patterns from a specific field in one file as regex to search for matching strings in the entire line ($0) of another file. I would like to output the lines of File2 which... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jvoot
1 Replies
MSGFMT_SET_PATTERN(3)							 1						     MSGFMT_SET_PATTERN(3)

MessageFormatter::setPattern - Set the pattern used by the formatter

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
public bool MessageFormatter::setPattern (string $pattern) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style bool msgfmt_set_pattern (MessageFormatter $fmt, string $pattern) Set the pattern used by the formatter PARAMETERS
o $fmt - The message formatter o $pattern - The pattern string to use in this message formatter. The pattern uses an 'apostrophe-friendly' syntax; it is run through umsg_autoQuoteApostrophe before being interpreted. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 msgfmt_set_pattern(3) example <?php $fmt = msgfmt_create( "en_US", "{0, number} monkeys on {1, number} trees" ); echo "Default pattern: '" . msgfmt_get_pattern( $fmt ) . "' "; echo "Formatting result: " . msgfmt_format( $fmt, array(123, 456) ) . " "; msgfmt_set_pattern( $fmt, "{0, number} trees hosting {1, number} monkeys" ); echo "New pattern: '" . msgfmt_get_pattern( $fmt ) . "' "; echo "Formatted number: " . msgfmt_format( $fmt, array(123, 456) ) . " "; ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $fmt = new MessageFormatter( "en_US", "{0, number} monkeys on {1, number} trees" ); echo "Default pattern: '" . $fmt->getPattern() . "' "; echo "Formatting result: " . $fmt->format(array(123, 456)) . " "; $fmt->setPattern("{0, number} trees hosting {1, number} monkeys" ); echo "New pattern: '" . $fmt->getPattern() . "' "; echo "Formatted number: " . $fmt->format(array(123, 456)) . " "; ?> The above example will output: Default pattern: '{0,number} monkeys on {1,number} trees' Formatting result: 123 monkeys on 456 trees New pattern: '{0,number} trees hosting {1,number} monkeys' Formatted number: 123 trees hosting 456 monkeys SEE ALSO
msgfmt_create(3), msgfmt_get_pattern(3). PHP Documentation Group MSGFMT_SET_PATTERN(3)