Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sqlplus in shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sqlplus in shell script Post 302541009 by vinoth_kumar on Friday 22nd of July 2011 07:08:00 AM
Old 07-22-2011
sqlplus in shell script

Hi

When I use sqlplus in shell script, I get sqlplus: command not found.

ORACLE_HOME is not set. How to set ORACLE_HOME in unix?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing parameters from a shell script to sqlplus

Hi , I want to pass parameters from a shell script to a sql script and use the parameter in the sql query ..and then I want to spool a particular select query on to my unix box... for 4 different locations by writing only one sql script Right now no file is generated on the unix box...it is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

running shell script from sqlplus

I have a script which connects to different database servers using sqlplus. Is there a way by which I can run a shell command on that host from sqlplus? I know about 'host' command but it runs script on the local machine where the original script is running. Is there a way to run command on the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkr123
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Script And SQLPLUS

i'm having real problems retrieving the returncode of my sqlplus-call. I found a lot of informations on the net, but havn't been able to get it running so far, so now i ask for some help ;) I do start the sqlplus out of my shell script with the parameters stored in the proc_clips.sql, which is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maco_home
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me in sending parameters from sqlplus script to unix shell script

Can anybody help me out in sending parameters from sql*plus script to unix shell script without using flat files.. Initially in a shell script i will call sql*plus and after getting some value from some tables, i want that variable value in unix shell script. How can i do this? Please tell me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hara
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Call sqlplus in the shell script

Hi, I am writing a script to test database connection. If the first try fails, it will wait for 1 minutes and then try again. The script is as following: ........ for i in $ORACLE_SID do $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus $username/$password@$i <<! >/dev/null select * from tab; exit if ; then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beaniebear
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

(Urgent):Creating flat file using sql script and sqlplus from UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I need help urgently for following issue. Pls help me to resolve this issue. I am calling sql script file(file1.sql) from UNIX Shell Script(script1.ksh) using sql plus and trying to create flat file that contains all records returned from SQL query in SQL script(file1.sql) I given... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS within shell script

Hi I want to connect to the Oracle database using a username/password and get back the query result(a numeric value) in a variable, which I can then compare using a conditional. Can anybody help me with this. Thanks Gaurav (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaurav_1711
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to learn/use SQLPLUS in shell script

Hi All, How i will use sqlplus in shell script? Can any one provide sample code which explain following: 1. Connect to oracle DB 2. Exceute select * from tablename 3. Release connection to the DB 4. Append output in file everytime when query executes. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLplus and Shell script problem

sql_rows=`sqlplus -s / <<EOF set heading off set pagesize 1000 set tab off set linesize 120 wrap off column "Path" format a15 --column "No_Of_files" format a10 select tablespace_name, substr(file_name,1,instr(file_name,'/',1,2)) as "Path" , count(*) as "No_Of_files" from dba_data_files ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: desibabu
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sqlplus in shell script

Hi All, Please let me know what i am missing in the following code (part of my script) Schemas=(AWQM WFCONTROLLER PROVCO PRISM) for s in "${Schemas}" do sch="${s}_$tol" if || ;then echo "This is AD or TD region" sqlplus -s $sch/$tpwd@$ttns <<EOF... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
7 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORALSN(7) 					OCF resource agents					   OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORALSN(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_oralsnr - Manages an Oracle TNS listener SYNOPSIS
oralsnr [start | stop | status | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
Resource script for Oracle Listener. It manages an Oracle Listener instance as an HA resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
sid The Oracle SID (aka ORACLE_SID). Necessary for the monitor op, i.e. to do tnsping SID. (unique, required, string, no default) home The Oracle home directory (aka ORACLE_HOME). If not specified, then the SID should be listed in /etc/oratab. (optional, string, no default) user Run the listener as this user. (optional, string, no default) listener Listener instance to be started (as defined in listener.ora). Defaults to LISTENER. (unique, optional, string, no default) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 10. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a oralsnr resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_oralsnr ocf:heartbeat:oralsnr params sid=string op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/oralsnr_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_ORALSN(7)