Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Uniq based on first field
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Uniq based on first field Post 302540938 by itkamaraj on Friday 22nd of July 2011 03:37:14 AM
Old 07-22-2011
if your file has 11 million lines, then go for perl coding

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Uniq using only the first field

Hi all, I have a file that contains a list of codes (shown below). I want to 'uniq' the file using only the first field. Anyone know an easy way of doing it? Cheers, Dave ##### Input File ##### 1xr1 1xws 1yxt 1yxu 1yxv 1yxx 2o3p 2o63 2o64 2o65 1xr1 1xws 1yxt 1yxv 1yxx 2o3p 2o63 2o64... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Digby
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to uniq third field in a file

Hi ; I have a question regarding the uniq command in unix How do I uniq 3rd field in a file ? original file : zoom coord 39 18652 39 18652 zoom coord 39 18653 39 18653 zoom coord 39 18818 39 18818 zoom coord 39 18840 39 18840 zoom coord 41 15096 41 15096 zoom... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: babycakes
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use uniq on a certain field?

How can I use uniq on a certain field or what else could I use? If I want to use uniq on the second field and the output would remove one of the lines with a 5. bob 5 hand jane 3 leg jon 4 head chris 5 lungs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bandit390
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find uniq lines in file, using the first field of line

Hello all, new to unix and have just found the forum. I think I will be here quite often, and hope that in time i will be able to provide soem help, role on not being a newbie anymore :) I have a question which iI am hoping someone could help me with. If i have a file with lines in in thus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: grom
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort field and uniq

I have a flatfile A.txt 2012/12/04 14:06:07 |trees|Boards 2, 3|denver|mekong|mekong12 2012/12/04 17:07:22 |trees|Boards 2, 3|denver|mekong|mekong12 2012/12/04 17:13:27 |trees|Boards 2, 3|denver|mekong|mekong12 2012/12/04 14:07:39 |rain|Boards 1|tampa|merced|merced11 How do i sort and get... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabercats
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing uniq first field with the the highest second field

Hi All, I am searching for a script which will produce an output file with the uniq first field with the second field having highest value among all the duplicates.. The output file will produce only the uniqs which are duplicate 3 times.. Input file X 9 B 5 A 1 Z 9 T 4 C 9 A 4... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filter uniq field values (non-substring)

Hello, I want to filter column based on string value. All substring matches are filtered out and only unique master strings are picked up. infile: 1 abcd 2 abc 3 abcd 4 cdef 5 efgh 6 efgh 7 efx 8 fgh Outfile: 1 abcd 4 cdef 5 efgh 7 efxI have tried awk '!a++; match(a, $2)>0'... (32 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
32 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to adjust coordinates in field based on sequential numbers in another field

I am trying to output a tab-delimited result that uses the data from a tab-delimited file to combine and subtract specific lines. If $4 matches in each line then the first matching sequential $6 value is added to $2, unless the value is 1, then the original $2 is used (like in the case of line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in awk: running a loop with one column and segregate data 4 each uniq value in that field

Hi All, I have a file like this(having 2 column). Column 1: like a,b,c.... Column 2: having numbers. I want to segregate those numbers based on column 1. Example: file. a 5 b 9 b 620 a 710 b 230 a 330 b 1910 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem with getting awk to multiply a field by a value set based on condition of another field

Hi, So awk is driving me crazy on this one. I have searched everywhere and read man, docs and every related post Google can find and still no luck. The actual files I need to run this on are sensitive in nature, but it is the same thing as if I needed to calculate weighted grades for multiple... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: cotilloe
15 Replies
Locale::Recode::_Aliases(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Locale::Recode::_Aliases(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Recode::_Aliases - Internal Charset Alias Database for libintl-perl SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Recode::_Aliases die "This module is internal to libintl. Do not use it directly! "; DESCRIPTION
Contains a list of codeset aliases that are known internally to libintl. CONSTANTS
ALIASES The constant Locale::Recode::_Aliases::ALIASES contains a hash reference the keys of which are internally known charset alias names all in uppercase. The corresponding value is the canonical name of the charset. BUGS
The format of the lookup table will most probably change, do not rely on the current format! AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 2002-2009, Guido Flohr <guido@imperia.net>, all rights reserved. See the source code for details. This software is contributed to the Perl community by Imperia (<http://www.imperia.net/>). SEE ALSO
Locale::Recode(3), perl(1) POD ERRORS
Hey! The above document had some coding errors, which are explained below: Around line 749: =cut found outside a pod block. Skipping to next block. perl v5.10.1 2009-06-23 Locale::Recode::_Aliases(3pm)