Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What people should be aware of Post 302540133 by ctsgnb on Tuesday 19th of July 2011 05:25:49 PM
Old 07-19-2011
Ok fixed, quick description added

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone aware of load rules??

i found some load rules in our unix script.any know about it>? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Diddy
1 Replies

2. War Stories

Useful one should be aware of

Today I was reading some posts/news in efytimes.com, in that I found one post useful post, and felt it's good to post here so that if any more such commands are there then we can discuss. Here is that useful post Some Malicious Linux Commands You Should Be Aware Of (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Be aware. Coreboot and the NSA.

NSA Starts Contributing Low-Level Code to UEFI BIOS Alternative (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies
nl_scanf(3int)															    nl_scanf(3int)

Name
       nl_scanf, nl_fscanf, nl_sscanf - convert formatted input

Syntax
       #include <stdio.h>

int nl_scanf ( format [, pointer ] ...  )
       char *format;

int nl_fscanf ( stream, format [, pointer ] ...	)
       FILE *stream;
       char *format;

int nl_sscanf ( s, format [, pointer ] ...  )
       char *s, *format;

Description
       The  international  functions and are identical to and have been superceded by the international functions and in libi.	You should use the
       and functions when you write new calls to convert formatted input in international programs. For more information on these  functions,  see
       the reference page.

You  can continue to use existing calls to the or functions. These functions remain available for compatibility with XPG-2 conformant soft-
       ware, but may not be supported in future releases of the ULTRIX system.

The and international functions are similar to the standard I/O function. (For more information on the standard I/O function, see reference
       page.)	The  difference  is that the international functions allow you to use the %digit$ conversion character in place of the % character
       you use in the standard I/O functions. The digit is a decimal digit n from 1 to 9.  The international functions apply conversions to the  n
       th argument in the argument list, rather than to the next unused argument.

You can use the % conversion character in the international functions.  However, you cannot mix the % conversion character with the %digit$
       conversion character in a single call.

International Environment
       LC_NUMERIC     If this environment is set and valid, uses the international language database named in the definition  to  determine  radix
		      character rules.

LANG	      If  this environment variable is set and valid uses the international language database named in the definition to determine
		      collation and character classification rules.  If is defined, its definition supersedes the definition of LANG.

Examples
       The following shows an example of using the function:
       nl_scanf("%2$s %1$d", integer, string)
       If the input contains `` january 9 '', the function assigns 9 to integer and ``january'' to string .

Return Values
       These functions return either the number of items matched or EOF on end of input, along with the number of missing or invalid  data items.

See Also
       intro(3int), setlocale(3), strtod(3), strtol(3), nl_printf(3int), printf(3int), scanf(3int), getc(3s), printf(3s), scanf(3s)
       Guide to Developing International Software

nl_scanf(3int)