Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help in extracting data from xml file Post 302539079 by abhishek2386 on Friday 15th of July 2011 06:41:56 AM
Old 07-15-2011
Question Need help in extracting data from xml file

Hello,

This is my first post in here, so excuse me if I sound too noob here!

I need to extract the path "/apps/mp/installedApps/V61/HRO/hrms_01698_A_qa.ear" from the below xml extract. The path will always appear with the key "binariesURL"

Code:
<deployedObject xmi:type="appdeployment:ApplicationDeployment" xmi:id="ApplicationDeployment_1273611400395" deploymentId="0" startingWeight="1" binariesURL="/apps/mp/installedApps/V61/HRO/hrms_01698_A_qa.ear" useMetadataFromBinaries="true" enableDistribution="true" createMBeansForResources="true" reloadInterval="60" reloadEnabled="true" appContextIDForSecurity="href:CellV61_HRO/hrms_01698_A_qa" filePermission=".*\.dll=755#.*\.so=755#.*\.a=755#.*\.sl=755" allowDispatchRemoteInclude="false" allowServiceRemoteInclude="false">

The whole of the above XML text appears in a single line. And I am trying to do this through a bash shell script.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting XML file using sed

Hello folks I want to extract data between certain tag in XML file using 'sed' <xml> ......... .......... <one>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</one> ...... Anyone ?Thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pujansrt
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Data from xml file

Hi ppl out there... Can anyone help me with the shell script to extract data from an xml file. My xml file looks like : - <servlet> <servlet-name>FrontServlet</servlet-name> <display-name>FrontServlet</display-name> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nishana
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a part of XML File

Hi Guys, I have a very large XML feed (2.7 MB) which crashes the server at the time of parsing. Now to reduce the load on the server I have a cron job running every 5 min.'s. This job will get the file from the feed host and keep it in the local machine. This does not solve the problem as... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shridhard
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting values from an XML file

Hello People, I have an xml file from which I need to extract the values of the parameters using UNIX shell commands. Ex : Input is like : <Name>Roger</Name> or <Address>MI</Address> I need the output as just : Roger or MI with the tags removed. Please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sushant172
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data from an xml file

Hello, Please can someone assist. I have the following xml file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - <PUTTRIGGER xmlns:xsd="http://www.test.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.test.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" APPLICATIONNUMBER="0501160" ACCOUNTNAME="Mrs S Test"... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolph
15 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from xml file

Hello All, Hope you are doing well!!!!! I have a small code in the below format in xml file: <UML:ModelElement.taggedValue> <UML:TaggedValue tag="documentation" value="This sequence&#xA;&#xA;HLD_EA_0001X&#xA;HLD_DOORS_002X"/> <UML:TaggedValue tag="documentation" value="This... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: suvendu4urs
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading XML file and extracting value

Dear All, I am reading one XML file to extract value from the particular tag:- Sample xml is below:- <KeyValuePairs> <Key>TestString</Key> <Value>Test12_Pollings</Value> </KeyValuePairs> I want to read the value for the KEY tag and there will be multiple key tags :- awk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharsour
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the tag name from an xml file

Hi, My requirement is something like this, I have a xml file that contains some tags and nested tags, <n:tag_name1> <n:sub_tag1>val1</n:sub_tag1> <n:sub_tag2>val2</n:sub_tag2> </n:tag_name1> <n:tag_name2> <n:sub_tag1>value</n:sub_tag1> ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in extracting data from XML File

Hi All My input file is an XML and it has some tags and data rows at end. Starting of data rows is <rs:data> and ending of data rows is </rs:data>. Within sample data rows (2 rows) shown below, I want to extract data value after equal to sign (until space or "/" sign). So if XML data... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vx04
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data between continuous non empty xml tags

Hi, I need help in extracting only the phone numbers between the continuous non empty xml tags in unix. I searched through a lot of forum but i did not get exact result for my query. Please help Given below is the sample pipe delimited file. I have a lot of tags before and after... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zen01234
6 Replies
scrollkeeper-devel(1)						   User Commands					     scrollkeeper-devel(1)

NAME
scrollkeeper-devel, scrollkeeper-extract, scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid, scrollkeeper-preinstall - utilities for working with OMF documents and the scrollkeeper database SYNOPSIS
scrollkeeper-extract file stylesheet output [stylesheet output...] scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid scrollkeeper-preinstall docfile omf-file1 omf-file2 DESCRIPTION
scrollkeeper-extract is used internally by scrollkeeper to convert DocBook/SGML files to Docbook/XML files if necessary, and to apply a number of transformations to the XML file to extract information from the XML file. scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid generates a globally unique series ID for an OMF file. scrollkeeper-preinstall reads omf_file1, changes the URL attribute of the identifier tag to doc_file and writes the output to omf_file2. scrollkeeper-preinstall can be used during the document installation process to point OMF files to the correct location on the target machine before registration in the scrollkeeper database. OPTIONS
None. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: docfile Specifies the file path to the document that omf-file1 describes. file Specifies the XML file that is to be used as input for XSLT transformations. omf-file1 Specifies the OMF file that contains metadata for docfile. omf-file2 Specifies the file created by scrollkeeper-preinstall, which contains the same data as omf-file1 except that the URL attribute of the identifier tag is changed to docfile. output Specifies the file that contains the result when the preceding stylesheet has been applied to file. stylesheet Specifies an XSLT transformation to apply. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Creating a New scrollkeeper Series ID example% scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid Example 2: Extracting a TOC From a Document example% scrollkeeper-extract /path/to/xml/file.xml /usr/share/scrollkeeper/stylesheets/toc.xsl /path/to/toc.xml EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/scrollkeeper-extract The command-line executable for the scrollkeeper-extract application. /usr/bin/scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid The command-line executable for the scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid application. /usr/bin/scrollkeeper-preinstall The command-line executable for the scrollkeeper-preinstall application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-libs-devel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Obsolete | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
scrollkeeper(1) NOTES
Written by Sander Vesik, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. Updated by Ghee Teo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2007. SunOS 5.11 01 Apr 2003 scrollkeeper-devel(1)