Visit Our UNIX and Linux User Community

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers startX windows application during boot.....putty connection takes the windows Post 302538553 by Corona688 on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 10:45:37 AM
Old 07-13-2011
Code:
export DISPLAY=""

Test Your Knowledge in Computers #979
Difficulty: Medium
macOS is based on the Unix operating system and on technologies developed between 1985 and 1997 at NeXT.
True or False?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to take printout of linux file from windows xp using putty?

Friends, I have installed Putty in my windows xp pc. I am connecting the RHEL AS 3 server using putty from my windows xp. My printer is connected to my windows xp. Now, i want to print text.txt of RHEL AS 3.0 in my windows xp printer through putty. For Example: my pc ip is 117.23.2.55... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyguy
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putty Input thru Windows

Hi anyone knows how to pass values to putty command prompt from MS windows. since i am have a shell script to get input of several lines. i dont want to type it rather than input values from some windows based application is there any way thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JACKDSOUZA
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming putty windows with a shell script

i frequently have to open multiple putty windows to ssh into a unix server running HP-UX 11.23. Since i use some of the windows for dedicated processes i would like to rename them (the caption displayed in the titlebar) to something more convenient than the standard <Host>.<Server>.com While... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: orno
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use putty problems in windows

Hello all, I have encountered a strange question. I installed a Ubuntu 8.10 in the VMware in the XP, and use putty to connect to ubuntu. Everything is fun except I can't use the wget in putty, neither does command "sudo apt-get ***". But they are OK in the VM. Can someone help me out? Thank... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Connecting to UNIX from Windows without using putty

Hi Is there any command which we can try connecting unix from windows without using any third party tool. Thanks in advance KVB (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bikky6
9 Replies
services.window(4)					     Kernel Interfaces Manual						services.window(4)

NAME
services.window - file containing applications and their associated memory window ID DESCRIPTION
The file is used by applications using memory windows. Each line in the file associates an application with a memory window ID. A line in the file cannot start with a space or tab. The format is a unique name, defining the application, followed by a space/tab, followed by a unique window_id. See the sample file in Memory windows allows for the starting of a process in a unique or existing memory window where it can create and share objects with other applications in the same memory window. The creation of memory windows removes the system wide restriction on shared resources. Without memory windows, 32-bit processes were lim- ited to 1.75 gigabytes of shared resources. Each memory window allows for the definition of a unique 1 gigabyte quadrant and since multi- ple memory windows can be defined in a system, the system total for shared resources can exceed the 1.75 gigabyte limitation for 32 bit processes. The definition of a memory window is only available for 32-bit processes. The file provides a central place for memory window applications to associate their memory window IDs. In the event there are any colli- sions, only a change in is necessary to select another memory window for the entire application. If is not used, and user applications hard code window IDs in their startup scripts, collisions are not easily detected or easily fixed. A memory window application uses the command getmemwindow(1M) to extract the application's window_id from the file, and then passes that ID to the setmemwindow(1M). Using the same window ID places applications in the same memory window. EXAMPLES
Below is a example of a file. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. FILES
File containing applications' associated window ID. SEE ALSO
getmemwindow(1M), setmemwindow(1M). on services.window(4)

Featured Tech Videos