Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming perl - calculate the number of lines from particular files Post 302538521 by pludi on Wednesday 13th of July 2011 08:14:51 AM
Old 07-13-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspriyanka
i have tried but i am not getting the output correctly.
Do you get the wrong line count? Do you get an error? Does anything happen at all? You'll have to give us more information if you want useful answers.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Restore files by lines number!

Hello every 1 Happy new year ;) I have a problem when i've tried to write my shell scripts.. this what i've done Actually, i would like to restore the files that i have deleted by line number for example : 1 : filename1 2: filename2 3: filename3 then i can restore them by... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: John_Smith
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of *.txt files which have over n lines?

Can you help me please? I know that wc -l *.txt gives you the number of lines in each file. But how can i count the files that have over n lines? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dark_knight
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to split files based on number of lines

I am getting a few gzip files into a folder by doing ftp to another server. Once I get them I move them to another location .But before that I need to make sure each gzip is not more than 5000 lines and split it up . The files I get are anywhere from 500 lines to 10000 lines in them and is in gzip... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read directory files and count number of lines

Hello, I'm trying to create a BASH file that can read all the files in my working directory and tell me how many words and lines are in that file. I wrote the following code: FILES="*" for f in "$FILES" do echo -e `wc -l -w $f` done My issue is that my file is outputting in one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script on how to count the total number of lines of all the files under a directory

how to count the total number of lines of all the files under a directory using perl script.. I mean if I have 10 files under a directory then I want to count the total number of lines of all the 10 files contain. Please help me in writing a perl script on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i find number of lines in files & subdirectories

how can i find number of lines in files & subdirectories ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcbuilder
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to calculate mean in AWK? line by line several files, thousands of lines

I'm kinda stuck on this one, I have 7 files with 30.000 lines/file like this 050 0.023 0.504336 050 0.024 0.529521 050 0.025 0.538908 050 0.026 0.537035 I want to find the mean line by line of the third column from the files named like this: Stat-f-1.dat .... Stat-f-7.dat Stat-s-1.dat... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AriasFco
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pasting files with different number of lines

Hi all, I tried to use the paste command to paste two files with different number of lines. e.g. file1 A 1 B 1 C 2 D 2 file2 A 2 B 3 C 4 D 4 E 4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f_o_555
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to split the files based on the number of lines in it

Hello Friends, Can anyone help me for the below requirement. I am having a file called Input.txt. My requirement is first check the count that is wc -l input.txt If the result of the wc -l Input.txt is less than 10 then don't split the Input.txt file. Where as if Input.txt >= 10 the split... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaya kumar
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies
scroll(3NCURSES)                                                                                                                  scroll(3NCURSES)

NAME
scroll, scrl, wscrl - scroll a curses window SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int scroll(WINDOW *win); int scrl(int n); int wscrl(WINDOW *win, int n); DESCRIPTION
The scroll routine scrolls the window up one line. This involves moving the lines in the window data structure. As an optimization, if the scrolling region of the window is the entire screen, the physical screen may be scrolled at the same time. For positive n, the scrl and wscrl routines scroll the window up n lines (line i+n becomes i); otherwise scroll the window down n lines. This involves moving the lines in the window character image structure. The current cursor position is not changed. For these functions to work, scrolling must be enabled via scrollok. RETURN VALUE
These routines return ERR upon failure, and OK (SVr4 only specifies "an integer value other than ERR") upon successful completion. X/Open defines no error conditions. This implementation returns an error if the window pointer is null, or if scrolling is not enabled in the window, e.g., with scrollok. NOTES
Note that scrl and scroll may be macros. The SVr4 documentation says that the optimization of physically scrolling immediately if the scroll region is the entire screen "is" per- formed, not "may be" performed. This implementation deliberately does not guarantee that this will occur, to leave open the possibility of smarter optimization of multiple scroll actions on the next update. Neither the SVr4 nor the XSI documentation specify whether the current attribute or current color-pair of blanks generated by the scroll function is zeroed. Under this implementation it is. PORTABILITY
The XSI Curses standard, Issue 4 describes these functions. SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), outopts(3NCURSES) scroll(3NCURSES)