Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Is Unix/Linux used in space exploration? Post 302538343 by david6789 on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 04:17:44 PM
Old 07-12-2011
The systems that monitor space Orbiting objects and launches are MVS and unix based.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux space problem

I am very new to Linux and trying to install Oracle 9.2 on Red Hat Linux 7.2. My problem: /tmp needs to be larger in order to install Oracle. It is 64MB now. How can I resize this? I'm totally confused !! Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: canova
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

upper limit of accessible memory space for a single process in Unix/Linux

Hellp all, if there is 3G memory in my Unix server I want to know if all the 3G space can be used by ong sigle process. As i know, in Windows, one process can only access at most 1G memory despite there is probably more than 1G memory is equipped. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cy163
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

about shared memory space in Linux !

Dear Friends , I am confused about shared memory in Linux . plz look @ the below output : $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 126G 61G 59G 52% / tmpfs 1.7G 0 1.7G 0% /dev/shm Here , I see that every time... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How much take space Linux operating system?

Hi Guys, I have a PC (laptop), where ram is 1 GB, hard disk is 400 GB, Now in my PC has window7 & oracle 10g, suppose if we now installed linux then will my system work or we should remove window7 now, please let me know that which linux version is take less space in PC. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aaditya321
3 Replies
vpardump(1M)															      vpardump(1M)

NAME
vpardump - manage monitor dump files SYNOPSIS
[vparmon[dumpfile]] DESCRIPTION
The command is used to create (on PA-RISC systems only) and analyze a virtual partition monitor dump file. vparmon is the image of the virtual partition monitor and dumpfile is the crash dump file corresponding to that image. is normally run from the rc script to analyze a crash dump during HP-UX boot. If no options are specified, checks if the dumpfile has been cleared. If not, it analyzes dumpfile and prints information about the crash to standard out. Then marks the dumpfile as clear. If dumpfile is not specified, the string is appended to vparmon as in If vparmon is not specified, it defaults to The dumpfile must exist prior to a vpar monitor crash. On PA-RISC systems, the and options create the dumpfile on PA-RISC. If is used, a dumpfile is created that is large enough to contain the monitor image. If additional structures are required, such as I/O Page Directo- ries, the option is used to reserve space for a full monitor crash dump. On Itanium(R)-based systems, the monitor dumpfile is created in the EFI partition of the monitor's boot disk as needed. It is not necessary to pre-allocate a dump file in A monitor dump typically requires less than 75 megabytes of free space in the EFI partition. In order to ensure that a complete crash dump can be saved, this much free space must be maintained in the EFI partition. Options recognizes the following command-line options: Analyze the dumpfile. This option can be used to force an analysis even if dumpfile has been cleared. Mark dumpfile as clear. No analysis is performed. Analyze dumpfile even if the versions do not match. Initialize dumpfile for a full dump. Supported only on PA-RISC systems. Initialize dumpfile for a normal dump. Supported only on PA-RISC systems. Do not analyze the dumpfile. Enable verbose output. The and options are allowed on Itanium-based systems for compatibility. No action is taken for the and options. Operands recognizes the following command-line operands: vparmon The name of the image of the virtual partition monitor. If vparmon is not specified, it defaults to dumpfile The name of the crash dump file corresponding to the image of the virtual partion monitor. If dumpfile is not specified, the string is appended to vparmon as in Security Restrictions This command is restricted to processes owned by superuser or with the privilege. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. RETURN VALUE
returns the following values: Analyzed dumpfile successfully. Created a new dumpfile. A dumpfile does not exist. The dumpfile is cleared, no action taken. Error attempting to create a dumpfile. Error analyzing the dumpfile. Command syntax error. EXAMPLES
Analyze the default dumpfile and create it if it does not exist: Suppress the analysis of the default dumpfile, and reserve space for a full dump: AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
vparextract(1M), privileges(5). vpardump(1M)