Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Listing times from ls
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing times from ls Post 302538329 by joeyg on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 03:03:22 PM
Old 07-12-2011
Perhaps this linked message will get you started...

https://www.unix.com/tips-tutorials/2...ime-atime.html

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about times and so

I've got an logfile like: Start dump db_name1 : Wed Oct 30 15:08:47 MET 2002 Ready dump db_name1 : Wed Oct 30 15:14:46 MET 2002 Start dump db_name2 : Wed Oct 30 15:14:46 MET 2002 Ready dump db_name2 : Wed Oct 30 15:15:36 MET 2002 Start dump db_name3 : Wed Oct 30 15:15:36 MET 2002... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheBlueLady
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Boot times

Hey all, What we have at work is a Themis board (VME rack SPARC system). We have to try to have the boot time as fast as can be. What we have already done is make some filesystems read only so if power is lost then the filesystem check will not run. This is only done to the partitions that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woofie
2 Replies

4. AIX

how would you know your server was rebooted 3 times or 5 times

Is there such location or command to know how many times did you reboot your server in that particular day?in AIX. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

comparing two times

Hi Good Morning all, I have two dates and times in the beloe format. 1. 07/18/2009 03:45:49 2. 07/18/2009 03:46:41 i will grep these values from a file. Now my problem is i need to find out whether the second valus is bigger thatn the 1 value. How to compare the times. Please help me in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: intiraju
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit if between 2 times

Hello, I am working in Solaris 10 with a Bash script and trying to figure out how I can tell the script to look at the day of the week and the time and for example if it is Sat between 5:50am and 6:30am then just exit out of the script. Any other day or time keep running. We have a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LRoberts
3 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with implementing the times() function in C (struct tms times return zero/negative values)

Hello, i'm trying to implement the times() function and i'm programming in C. I'm using the "struct tms" structure which consists of the fields: The tms_utime structure member is the CPU time charged for the execution of user instructions of the calling process. The tms_stime structure... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: g_p
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Welcome in these 1337 times

Have you noticed that the Unix time right now starts with the combination "1337"? 1337 times indeed. ;-)) bakunin (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bakunin
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies
DH_COMPRESS(1)							     Debhelper							    DH_COMPRESS(1)

NAME
dh_compress - compress files and fix symlinks in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_compress [debhelperoptions] [-Xitem] [-A] [file...] DESCRIPTION
dh_compress is a debhelper program that is responsible for compressing the files in package build directories, and makes sure that any symlinks that pointed to the files before they were compressed are updated to point to the new files. By default, dh_compress compresses files that Debian policy mandates should be compressed, namely all files in usr/share/info, usr/share/man, files in usr/share/doc that are larger than 4k in size, (except the copyright file, .html and other web files, image files, and files that appear to be already compressed based on their extensions), and all changelog files. Plus PCF fonts underneath usr/share/fonts/X11/ FILES
debian/package.compress These files are deprecated. If this file exists, the default files are not compressed. Instead, the file is ran as a shell script, and all filenames that the shell script outputs will be compressed. The shell script will be run from inside the package build directory. Note though that using -X is a much better idea in general; you should only use a debian/package.compress file if you really need to. OPTIONS
-Xitem, --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being compressed. For example, -X.tiff will exclude TIFF files from compression. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. -A, --all Compress all files specified by command line parameters in ALL packages acted on. file ... Add these files to the list of files to compress. CONFORMS TO
Debian policy, version 3.0 SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_COMPRESS(1)