Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) mailx to external email address Post 302538254 by jgt on Tuesday 12th of July 2011 10:15:02 AM
Old 07-12-2011
Set up a "smart host" in sendmail (usually the same machine as the outbound server in your graphical email client.)
If you do not want to use a smart host, then you will need a static ip, dns and reverse dns for the domain that you are using.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx- can we change the from address in the email that is sent out.

Hello, Is there anyway to change the from address in the email sent using mailx command? I have the following command: mailx -s $subject xxx@xxxx.com < $mail_mesg This defaults to the following format "acctname@usserver.companyname.com" as the from address in the email. Problem is this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radhika
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know if the mailx command really sends the mail to the email address?

Hi guys, I have a question about the returning message of the mailx command. if I run a mailx command, how can I know if the email has been sent to the email address? If the email address doesn't exist, is there any error message returned? If yes, how can I get the error message? Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheenshine
3 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Getting the External IP Address of your Computer and Storing it in a File

My computer is one of three computer on our LAN. Our router is a Time Capsule. My computer is the only of of three computers that has been assigned a static IP address on the LAN, because it runs an Apache installation. I tinker around with web development from time to time, and I wanted to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Audacitor
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

Obtaining your external IP address using a Unix Utility

Hello, this is my first post on the Unix forums. This is something that's been bothering me for a while, is there any particular UNIX/Linux application that will allow you to see you external IP address? :confused: ( The address beyond your router ) Thank you in advance, I could not find a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: inquen
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to verify email address using mailx command ?

Is there any way i can verify the email address (before sending the mail) using the mailx command ? I know that sendmail -bv email@address.com can do it but there is a compatibility issues with the version of Unix we have. So mailx is the only command we can used at this point. Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rak007
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

External IP Address of Linux Server

Hi, I am trying to find the external IP address of a server "XXX". I logged into server "XXX" and executed nslookup XXX. output number is 123.23.23.45 Later, i have executed "curl http://whatismyip.org". This time i got a different number 611.34.63.22 Out of these two numbers, what number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: forums123456
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Ping domain indicates the external ip address and not the local ip

when i execute from local machine ping domainname i get the external ip address but i am on local dns and i expect the local ip address.. using nslookup : no problem so i cannot find why... thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: activedms
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx issue; email address starting with #

Hello All, I have a requirement to generate report and send them to a distribution list. The problem I am facing is when sending out the email using mailx. The email address (DL) we have is starting with # and because of this it's not recognising the email and throwing the below error. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
2 Replies
ipa-dns-install(1)						 IPA Manual Pages						ipa-dns-install(1)

NAME
ipa-dns-install - Add DNS as a service to an IPA server SYNOPSIS
ipa-dns-install [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
Adds DNS as an IPA-managed service. This requires that the IPA server is already installed and configured. OPTIONS
-p DM_PASSWORD, --ds-password=DM_PASSWORD The password to be used by the Directory Server for the Directory Manager user -d, --debug Enable debug logging when more verbose output is needed --ip-address=IP_ADDRESS The IP address of the IPA server. If not provided then this is determined based on the hostname of the server. --forwarder=FORWARDER A forwarder is a DNS server where queries for a specific non-resolvable address can be directed. To define multiple forwarders use multiple instances of --forwarder --no-forwarders Do not add any DNS forwarders, send non-resolvable addresses to the DNS root servers. --reverse-zone=REVERSE_ZONE The reverse DNS zone to use --no-reverse Do not create new reverse DNS zone. If used on a replica and a reverse DNS zone already exists for the subnet, it will be used. --zonemgr The e-mail address of the DNS zone manager. Defaults to hostmaster@DOMAIN -U, --unattended An unattended installation that will never prompt for user input EXIT STATUS
0 if the installation was successful 1 if an error occurred IPA
Jun 28, 2012 ipa-dns-install(1)