Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris HMC console fo SPARC machines Post 302538071 by h@foorsa.biz on Monday 11th of July 2011 04:17:21 PM
Old 07-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by presul
So on SPARC machines there is ALOM and on IBM machines there is HMC ?
Both have the same function ?
Not the exact functions HMC is much more advanced than aLOM, but it provides functions provided by aLOM e.g. ( poweroff - system reset )

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Unable to Switch tasks when trying to open console window in HMC

Hi, I am trying to open a console window through the HMC. When I choose to do this the toolbar at the top left of the HMC screen show 'Open Terminal Window'. However when I click on it I am getting the error - "The tsak you want to switch to is an applet based task, which dowes not support... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to exit system console from HMC?

Hi, I ssh to HMC, then vtmenu, then start a system console from there. How do I exit the console to return to HMC prompt? I've tried the following two key combinations but none of them is working: (1) ~~ (2) Ctrl+[, Shift+( Thank you in advance! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

3. Programming

Compatibility between two SPARC machines

Sorry, if this isn't the right forum for this question. I would like to compile an executable with gcc/g++ under Solaris 10 on the following OLDER SPARC-machine and then run this executable on the NEW SPARC-machine (see description down in this post). I'm wondering if it would be possible or if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunfire
0 Replies

4. Hardware

Compatibility between two SPARC machines

Sorry, if this isn't the right forum for this question. I would like to compile an executable with gcc/g++ under Solaris 10 on the following OLDER SPARC-machine and then run this executable on the NEW SPARC-machine (see description down in this post). I'm wondering if it would be possible or if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunfire
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting different in x86 and SPARC machines for Solaris?

Hello! I have a question regarding the scripting. How are the scripting different in x86 and SPARC machines for Solaris 9,10? If so can some one please explain? Thank you very much in advance! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: br1an
0 Replies

6. AIX

Install AIX , do i need hmc console

Hi, For installing aix on power series , do i need to install hmc first? or i can connect hmc after? Rgs, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
7 Replies

7. Solaris

Sparc console password reset

Hi, How to reset the sun fire v245 console password ?. Please tell me step by step. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen16
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Hmc lpar console integration

We want to integrate powervm by using openstack with hmc. Now we encounter problem with the console, we can open the terminal within hmc, and I think hmc using tech java applet. sample applet code like <applet codebase="https://172.16.28.174/hmc/"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagle
0 Replies
FS_SETCACHESIZE(1)					       AFS Command Reference						FS_SETCACHESIZE(1)

NAME
fs_setcachesize - Sets the size of the disk cache SYNOPSIS
fs setcachesize [-blocks <size (0 = reset)>>] [-reset] [-help] fs setca [-b <size (0 = reset)>>] [-r] [-h] fs cachesize [-b <size (0 = reset)>>] [-r] [-h] fs ca [-b <size (0 = reset)>>] [-r] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs setcachesize command changes the number of kilobyte blocks of local disk space available to the Cache Manager for its data cache, on machines that use a disk cache. The command is not operative on machines that use a memory cache. To return the cache size to the default value specified in the third field of the local /etc/openafs/cacheinfo file, provide a value of 0 to the -blocks argument. To return the cache size to the value set when the machine was last rebooted, use the -reset flag instead of the -blocks argument. This is normally the amount specified in the cacheinfo file, unless the -blocks argument was included on the afsd command to override the cacheinfo value. To display the current cache size and amount of cache in use, for both disk and memory caches, use the fs getcacheparms command. CAUTIONS
This command is not operative on machines using a memory cache, and results in an error message. To change memory cache size, edit the cacheinfo file and reboot, or reboot and provide the -blocks argument to the afsd command. On machines using a disk cache, do not set the cache size to exceed 85% to 90% of the actual disk space available for the cache directory. The cache implementation itself requires a small amount of space on the partition. OPTIONS
-blocks <size> Specifies the amount of disk space available for the Cache Manager to devote to the cache. The size should be a positive integer followed by an optional suffix: "K" for kibibytes (1024 bytes, the default), "M" for mebibytes (1024 kibibytes), "G" for gibibytes (1024 mebibytes), and "T" for tebibytes (1024 gibibytes). Provide a value of 0 to set cache size to the default specified in the cacheinfo file. -reset Returns the cache size to the value set when the machine was last booted. This agrees with the value in the cacheinfo file unless the -blocks argument was used on the afsd command. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command sets the disk cache size to 25000 kilobyte blocks. % fs setcachesize -blocks 25000 Both of the following commands reset the disk cache size to the value in the cacheinfo file, assuming that the -blocks argument to the afsd command was not used. % fs setcachesize -blocks 0 % fs setcachesize -reset PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser root. SEE ALSO
cacheinfo(5), afsd(8), fs_getcacheparms(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_SETCACHESIZE(1)