Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris bsnl broadband and playing media in solaris 10 Post 302537573 by M.Choudhury on Friday 8th of July 2011 02:45:26 PM
Old 07-08-2011
bsnl broadband and playing media in solaris 10

Hi all,

I am a newbie in UNIX . Earlier I used opensuse 11.3 just because it was secure
for connecting to the INTERNET than Windows. Now I have to use Solaris for my work, so I was thinking of having windows XP2,opensuse 11.3 and solaris on the same pc. In spite of some good suggestion from this forum I was unable to solve the issue due lack of my experience in UNIX.

Is there is any way to connect to internet using bsnl broadband connection in solaris 10 and is it possible to play music and video in solaris ??

Thank U ...Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing solaris 8 on no media Ultra 5 box

I'm a newbie to UNIX I just received an ultra 5 box that does not come with media. Before I received this box, I was told that it does not come with media. (I'm assuming that because it does not come with media, that is why when I turn on the system, nothing comes on the monitor. QUESTION 1:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ted
8 Replies

2. Linux

Making Mozilla Playing M$ Windows Media

Please, Anybody knows how can i configure Mozilla Browser to play M$ Windows Media in Linux?? I know konqueror can be set to play *.ASF or *.ASX files with the kmplayer application. But Mozilla doesn't give me the option to choose an expecifc application to play this files. Is there any file in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dmitri-br
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Playing AVI in solaris 8

how to play avi file in solaris8 ??... it is not opening in realplayer 7 ..... i also dont have the root login ...plz help !!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris 8 x86 media

I have solaris 10 installed in a VM on my laptop which is configured as a jumpstart server. (Currently only being used to jumpstart other VM's on my laptop - chiefly for testing purposes) I'd like to be able to do some testing with upgrading from solaris 8, and it is difficult to get hold of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: TanDeeJay
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to connect to INTERNET using BSNL Broad band connection on Solaris-x86

Hi, Iam using BSNL broad band connection and i have installed two OS Xp & Sun solaris -x86 on my machine.Iam able to use INTERNET on windows Xp but not able to do it on solaris x86. I have tried using DHCP concept as well as sys-unconfig command in solaris but no results. When i use... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Broadband connection (BSNL& AIRTEL)

Dear Friends, Kindly help me to connect Broadband connection in my Solaris 10 OS. I have heard that i have to write a script. Waiting for solution......... Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpauldani
0 Replies

7. Solaris

How to create a media server on Solaris 10 (Music/divx) etc

Does anyone have any good experience creating a media server on solaris 10. I want it so i can view movies and play music to my ps3. I've searched the net but keep seeing Linux info.... So I was wondering if anyone could help on the Solaris x86 side, I don't wont a virtual install of Linux on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prym_admin
3 Replies

8. Slackware

How configure micromax bsnl 3G modem in KPPP on slackware 13.1

How configure micromax bsnl 3G modem in KPPP on slackware 13.1 while it automatically mounted under /dev/sr1 iso9660 /media/modem and in lsusb command add following information: Bus 001 Device 020: ID 1c9e:f000 now i follow these steps for usb switch to modem usb_modeswitch.conf ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hitlar
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Solaris Live Media x86 Install

Unix Buddies Burned download to DVD-R. Booted it. It dropped me at a command line. Is it working properly? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris User
7 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)