Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: conditional confusion
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting conditional confusion Post 302537004 by Habitual on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 09:42:53 PM
Old 07-06-2011
Corona688:

That's a really good question, but I have to ponder it further before I reply to it.
Meanwhile, I stuck the contents of the man file at SUSE Paste
for your review.

Thank you,

Edit: the project page is at http://code.google.com/p/yad/ with code snippets etc... that may help you help me.

P.S. There's nothing that prevents me from using a zenity progress meter in my code, if that helps.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ISO Confusion?

Hiya folks, Just a quick question. When I am ready to download Fedora core 4, do I need to download all 4 ISO files? Or just one, I think myself it would be all 4 but dont want to sit and wait around if I only need to download one. Also after downloading the Iso files, do I burn one file to one... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mr_Pinky
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wc command confusion

Can somebody explain it to me that why wc gives more chars suppose Ab.txt have two lines qwer qasd then wc -c ab.txt will give 10.why not 8.okay may be it is taking count one for each line just in case but why echo "qwer"|wc -C gives 5. Ok with \c it is returning 4. :) (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dhruva
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed confusion

Hello all, I am trying to delete all the lines in a particular file having a pattern. The problem is that it has special characters and for some reason is not doing the job. For eg. src_file /home/test/filelist.txt :xxxx:ogog /home/test/RCH/ogogogg /home/test/RYHUJ/HHHH... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion over a small conditional script

Hi, I was going through a file containing hundreds of lines of codes having conditional statement written as: log() { echo $@ } num=$(/usr/bin/rsh <one_machine> -l root 'ls -d /home/user/db* 2> /dev/null' | wc -w) (( num > 0 )) && log "db info:" so,if here the return value(stored in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit4g
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'tr' confusion

Good day, everyone! Could anybody explain me the following situation. If I'm running similar script: Var="anna.kurnikova" Var2="Anna Kurn" echo $Var | tr -t "$Var" "$Var2" Why the output is : anna KurniKova instead of Anna Kurnikova? :confused: Thank you in advance for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nafanja
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Server Confusion

I don't even know where to start with this one. There is so much out there about different aspects of this. I am starting with a basic Ubuntu 11.04 install. Do I need to configure a DNS? I am a little confused about that. What do I need to do for a domain name? I have followed various tutorials,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: polyglot0727
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion with PS

Hello All, I have a problem in counting number of process getting run with my current script name.. Here it is ps -ef | grep $0 | grep -v grep This display just one line with the PID, PPID and other details when i print it in the script. But when I want to count the numbers in my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

sed confusion

#!/bin/bash X=(0 2 4 6 7 0 0 0 0) Let me just say from the start that sed confuses the hell out of me! In the above line of code how can I use sed to remove all of the 0's except the first one? I have tried sed -e 's/*$//g' but it removes all of the 0's. Thank you in advance for any and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

If then statement confusion

#!/bin/bash PH=(KD 6S TC 3D) #playerhand TCIP=(AH) #topcard in play A=( "${TCIP::1}" ) # A B=( "${TCIP:1}" ) # H C=8 for e in ${PH}; do if ]; then echo "$e " >> /home/cogiz/validcards.txt else echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cogiz
1 Replies
purple-url-handler(1)						   User Commands					     purple-url-handler(1)

NAME
purple-url-handler - Python script to handle URL with purple SYNOPSIS
purple-url-handler [-URL] DESCRIPTION
Python script to handle URL with purple. OPTIONS
Usage: purple-url-handler URL Example: purple-url-handler "xmpp:romeo@montague.net?message" ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-im-client | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
purple-remote(1), purple-send(1), purple-send-async(1), attributes(5) purple-url-handler Manual, http://pidgin.im/ NOTES
Updated by Lei Ju, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006, 2007. SunOS 5.11 02 Apr 2008 purple-url-handler(1)