Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Login and logout logs in server Post 302536842 by bartus11 on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 10:51:21 AM
Old 07-06-2011
You can filter the output to show only recent entries using:
Code:
last | head -50

Change "50" to suitable number for your environment.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Login and logout script

Hi all I know ho I can run a script when a user logs in, viz using the .login or .profile file, however what can I use to run a script when a user logouts ? Thanks J :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

??? Log file users login and logout..???

hi all... only one question.... what is the file...where show me records login and logout of the unix user's..?? thank you.... I waiting for response... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chanfle
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

detecting login or logout

what function would tell me that a user has logged in or out? i already know from my script the users name i already know in real time there was an event how an I tell if that event was a login or logout? Any ideas? # i did try comparing the file sizes for change but various users may... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nortypig
8 Replies

4. HP-UX

setup a logfile for user login/logout ???

Hi everybody, im a newer, i want to setup a logfile to capture information about user login/logout (and some other events ex: a user ftp, run a speacial command) on my system in HP-UX, pls help me. i think only edit file /etc/syslog.conf but dont know how to do it. Help me. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwd
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setup a logfile for user login/logout ???

Hi everybody, im a newer, i want to setup a logfile to capture information about user login/logout (and some other events ex: a user ftp, run a speacial command) on my system in HP-UX, pls help me. i think only edit file /etc/syslog.conf but i dont know how to do it. Help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pwd
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Hi to all, i want configure my solaris 10 machine to log all login,logout and "su" in a particularly file. How can i do it? Now i enable auth.* in syslog.conf but the informations are written in a confused mode... Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: suuuper
4 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Login/Logout script

Dear readers I use SnowLeopard 10.6.2 and need to do some special tasks at login and logout of an sepcific user. My problem is, how do I send a string "login" respectively "logout" from computer "A", where the login/logout script runs, to computer "B" where some other tasks need to be done. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tthaler
3 Replies

8. AIX

AIX Syslog login/logout User

Hi, i'm trying to configure /etc/syslog.conf for log user access. In debian i add: auth,authpriv.* @serverName I don't know the correct Aix syntax for syslog :( My @serverName get the log successfully.. I need to log correct/incorrect login attempts. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankBuck
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login/Logout Information in report

Hello Experts, Am very much new to the bash shell scripting.I need a small favour,I need a shell script to get Login and Logout information in a csv file.Can some one help me out please. Regards, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmed.vaghar
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login and logout time of a session

Hi, How can I find out the login and logout time of the old UNIX session/user?. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharif
2 Replies
MojoMojo::Controller::User(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   MojoMojo::Controller::User(3pm)

NAME
MojoMojo::Controller::User - Login/User Management Controller DESCRIPTION
This controller performs user management: registration, login, logout, password recovery and profile editing. ACTIONS
login (/.login) Log in through the authentication system. logout ( /.logout ) Log out the user. users ( /.users ) Show a list of the active users with links to the pages they edited. page_user Show a user's preferences prefs ( .prefs ) Main user preferences screen. password ( .prefs/password ) Change password action. template: user/password.tt recover_pass Email a user a new password register ( /.register ) Show new user registration form. template: "user/register.tt" is_account_taken Test to see if a login or email is already in use. do_register ( /.register ) New user registration processing. templates: "user/password.tt", "user/validate.tt" validate ( /.validate ) Validation of user email. Will accept a md5_hex mailed to the user earlier. Non-validated users will only be able to log out. reconfirm Send the confirmation mail again to another address. profile ( .profile ) Show user profile. editprofile Form to edit a person's profile do_editprofile Apply the edits to a person's profile AUTHOR
David Naughton <naughton@cpan.org>, Marcus Ramberg <mramberg@cpan.org> LICENSE
This library is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-02 MojoMojo::Controller::User(3pm)