Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Join 2 separate strings into one with alternate tokens. Post 302536710 by ctsgnb on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 05:35:49 AM
Old 07-06-2011
Try this :
Code:
string3=$(echo "$string1 $string2" | tr ' |' '\n\n' | pr -2 -t -s: | sed 's/^\([^:]*\):\([^:]*\)/\2:\1/' | xargs )
echo $string3

This User Gave Thanks to ctsgnb For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tokens in unix ?

im trying to remove all occurences of " OF xyz " in a file where xyz could be any word assuming xyz is the last word on the line but I won't always be. at the moment I have sed 's/OF.*//' but I want a nicer solution which could be in pseudo code sed 's/OF.* (next token)//' Is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seaten
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

: + : more tokens expected

Hello- Trying to add two numbers in a ksh shell scripts and i get this error every time I execute stat1_ex.ksh: + : more tokens expected stat1=`cat .stat1a.tmp | cut -f2 -d" "` stat2=`cat .stat2a.tmp | cut -f2 -d" "` j=$(($stat1 + $stat2)) # < Here a the like the errors out echo $j... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nomaad
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to join two strings together

There is a file: !EN ih n w ey I want to join the current instance with its previous instance together, such as: previous_instance-B+current_instance, there "-B+" is fixed iterm, the file after operate look like: !EN start-B+!EN ih !EN-B+ih n ih-B+n w... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jenny.palmy
1 Replies

4. Programming

sql,multiple join,outer join issue

example sql: select a.a1,b.b1,c.c1,d.d1,e.e1 from a left outer join b on a.x=b.x left outer join c on b.y=c.y left outer join d on d.z=a.z inner join a.t=e.t I know how single outer or inner join works in sql. But I don't really understand when there are multiple of them. can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robbiezr
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing tokens

Hi all, I have a variable with value DateFileFormat=NAME.CODE.CON.01.#.S001.V1.D$.hent.txt I want this variable to get replaced with : var2 is a variable with string value DateFileFormat=NAME\\.CODE\\.CON\\.01\\.var2\\.S001\\.V1\\.D+\\.hent\\.txt\\.xml$ Please Help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Join 2 files with multiple columns: awk/grep/join?

Hello, My apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, I have had a look at several threads but I am still confused how to use these functions. I have two files, each with 5 columns: File A: (tab-delimited) PDB CHAIN Start End Fragment 1avq A 171 176 awyfan 1avq A 172 177 wyfany 1c7k A 2 7... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: InfoSeeker
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use the the join command to join multiple files by a common column

Hi, I have 20 tab delimited text files that have a common column (column 1). The files are named GSM1.txt through GSM20.txt. Each file has 3 columns (2 other columns in addition to the first common column). I want to write a script to join the files by the first common column so that in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

8. Programming

Reading tokens

I have a String class with a function that reads tokens using a delimiter. For example String sss = "6:8:12:16"; nfb = sss.nfields_b (':'); String tkb1 = sss.get_token_b (':'); String tkb2 = sss.get_token_b (':'); String tkb3 = sss.get_token_b (':'); String tkb4 =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single grep to multiple strings with separate output per string

I need to grep multiple strings from a particular file. I found the use of egrep "String1|String2|String3" file.txt | wc-l Now what I'm really after is that I need to separate word count per each string found. I am trying to keep it to use the grep only 1 time. Can you guys help ? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to join separate lines in a single one from xml file

Hi all, I need help to parse this xml file that has paragraphs broken in different lines and I would like to join in a single line. I hope you can understand my explanation. Thanks for any help/direction. The script could be in bash, awk, ruby, perl whatever please In the output I want:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
8 Replies
Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)					       Tk Library Procedures						Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetJoinStyle, Tk_NameOfJoinStyle - translate between strings and join styles SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetJoinStyle(interp, string, joinPtr) const char * Tk_NameOfJoinStyle(join) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char *string (in) String containing name of join style: one of "bevel", "miter", or "round". int *joinPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store X join style corresponding to string. int join (in) Join style: one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, JoinRound. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetJoinStyle places in *joinPtr the X join style corresponding to string, which will be one of JoinBevel, JoinMiter, or JoinRound. Join styles are typically used in X graphics contexts to indicate how adjacent line segments should be joined together. See the X documentation for information on what each style implies. Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If string does not contain a valid join style or an abbrevia- tion of one of these names, then an error message is stored in interp->result, TCL_ERROR is returned, and *joinPtr is unmodified. Tk_NameOfJoinStyle is the logical inverse of Tk_GetJoinStyle. Given a join style such as JoinBevel it returns a statically-allocated string corresponding to join. If join is not a legal join style, then "unknown join style" is returned. KEYWORDS
bevel, join style, miter, round Tk Tk_GetJoinStyle(3)