Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass) Post 302536314 by suyogg on Tuesday 5th of July 2011 05:16:23 AM
Old 07-05-2011
Enter the passwd, as the system enters the maintenance mode if services are stopped abruptly. Currently u have brought you system up from OK prompt. You need to run the fsck. also run svcs -x and check what all services are under maintenance mode.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Forget root password of unixware system

Hello all i forgot the root password of my unixware 2.0 server . How can i get it back or put a NEW one .Please help!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_v_u
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

How to reset root password of old Unix System V

Hi all, This is first time I met unix in my life. I purchased old Scanning Elecron Microscope which came with 486/33MHz PC running Unix System V, ver. 3.6. The one simple user name/passw is known so I can boot and login. But can not shutdown! It asks root or su passw. I'm very sensitive not to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: 82026
6 Replies

3. Solaris

can't bypass password authentication

I can able to SFTP from my web server unix to apps server unix end. but the other way from APPS server to Web server is still asking me the password. I have done same procedure both side. still i am having same problem. Any one help on this. thanks, regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijill
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are standard root password control applications?

According to security guide i came across term as "standard root password control application " I have no imformation over what are such applications how to implement them? Any guidance will be appreciated. It was also suggested to audit root login .How would i go about it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Reset AIX root password without shutting down the system

Hi All, I'm stuck in a severe problem here , Someone have changed the root password and he cannot remember it and there is no other user privileged user on the system , But I do have access to a non privileged user. On the top of the system an application which requires a theoretical ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to bypass the password field

Hello all Im trying to write a script that can get past the "enter password" field.Coming to the details, Im planning to write a script that can actually check for the validity of certificates in websphere. There is a utility "keytool" that helps provide this information.However if we want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NCR UNIX system v/386 release 4 recover root password

we have NCR 3455 system from long time as attached all information for server (images) , so we need your help to assist us to get root password which lost it , really we appreciate your efforts if you can send us the procedure for resting the administrator (root) password which this server... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: univoip
0 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)