Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Should GPFS be configured before/after configuring HACMP for 2 node Cluster? Post 302536169 by aixromeo on Monday 4th of July 2011 09:51:19 AM
Old 07-04-2011
Well it doesnt really matter.. It was a stupid question.. :P You can do anyone first..

Regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Node Switch Reasons in HACMP

Hi Guys, I have two nodes clustered. Each node is AIX 5.2 & they are clustered with HACMP 5.2. The mode of the cluster is Active/Passive which mean one node is the Active node & have all resource groups on it & the 2nd node is standby. Last Monday I noted that all resource groupes have been... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowsary
2 Replies

2. AIX

hacmp in a 7 node configuration ?

Hi Guys, I have to design a multinode hacmp cluster and am not sure if the design I am thinking of makes any sense. I have to make an environment that currently resides on 5 nodes more resilient but I have the constrain of only having 4 frames. In addition the business doesnt want to pay for... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
7 Replies

3. AIX

HACMP 5.4.1 Two-Node-Cluster-Configuration-Assistant fails

This post just as a follow-up for thread https://www.unix.com/aix/115548-hacmp-5-4-aix-5300-10-not-working.html: there was a bug in the clcomdES that would cause the Two-Node-Cluster-Configuration-Assistant to fail even with a correct TCP/IP adapter setup. That affected HACMP 5.4.1 in combinatin... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shockneck
0 Replies

4. AIX

two gpfs in one node issue

dear all can i create two gpfs in one node each gpfs is pointing to single hdiskpower (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

5. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to configure new hdisk such that it has a gpfs fs on it and is added to a running gpfs cluster?

Hi, I have a running GPFS cluster. For one every mountpoint that i have created i have one disk assigned to it. That disk is converted to an NSD and is a part of the GPFS Cluster. Now i have a new disk and there is this requirement to add it to the GPFS cluster, such that this becomes an NSD.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
1 Replies

7. AIX

restoring mksysb backup of a clustered server configured in HACMP

Hi, I have done NIM restoration via nim_bosinst a lot of times but I have some doubts on restoring a server which is clustered specifically HACMP. Previously, I don't know the trend but after doing a nim_bosinst, I can see the client's hostname is back to "localhost" rather than its original... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
0 Replies

8. AIX

Service IP issue in HACMP, Working with only one node

Hi, I have a running HACMP Cluster with two nodes. Its working in active/passive mode. (i.e Out of the two nodes in the cluster one will be active and the other one will be on standby. If first node fails the other takes over) 1. There is a Service IP associated with the cluster. Now the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
2 Replies

9. AIX

HACMP two-node cluster with two SAN storages mirrored using LVM

HACMP two-node cluster with mirrored LVM. HACMP two-node cluster with two SAN storages mirrored using LVM. Configured 2 disk heartbeat networks - 1 per each SAN storage. While performing redundancy tests. Once one of SAN storage is down - cluster is going to ERROR state. What are the guidelines... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: OdilPVC
2 Replies

10. AIX

How to check if HACMP is running on AIX node?

Hello AIX experts, I have few queries and appreciate if you could help me with them. 1. How to check if HACMP (or any other AIX OS cluster) is installed 2. How to check if HACMP (or any other AIX OS cluster) is running 3. how to check which Oracle DB instance is running on it 4. how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies
Net::DNS::Question(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				     Net::DNS::Question(3)

NAME
Net::DNS::Question - DNS question record SYNOPSIS
use Net::DNS::Question; $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); DESCRIPTION
A Net::DNS::Question object represents a record in the question section of a DNS packet. METHODS
new $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com', 'A', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('example.com'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10', 'PTR', 'IN'); $question = new Net::DNS::Question('192.0.32.10'); Creates a question object from the domain, type, and class passed as arguments. One or both type and class arguments may be omitted and will assume the default values shown above. RFC4291 and RFC4632 IP address/prefix notation is supported for queries in both in-addr.arpa and ip6.arpa namespaces. decode $question = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); ($question, $offset) = decode Net::DNS::Question($data, $offset); Decodes the question record at the specified location within a DNS wire-format packet. The first argument is a reference to the buffer containing the packet data. The second argument is the offset of the start of the question record. Returns a Net::DNS::Question object and the offset of the next location in the packet. An exception is raised if the object cannot be created (e.g., corrupt or insufficient data). encode $data = $question->encode( $offset, $hash ); Returns the Net::DNS::Question in binary format suitable for inclusion in a DNS packet buffer. The optional arguments are the offset within the packet data where the Net::DNS::Question is to be stored and a reference to a hash table used to index compressed names within the packet. qname, zname $qname = $question->qname; $zname = $question->zname; Returns the question name attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zname() and refers to the zone name. qtype, ztype $qtype = $question->qtype; $ztype = $question->ztype; Returns the question type attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as ztype() and refers to the zone type. qclass, zclass $qclass = $question->qclass; $zclass = $question->zclass; Returns the question class attribute. In dynamic update packets, this attribute is known as zclass() and refers to the zone class. print $object->print; Prints the record to the standard output. Calls the string() method to get the string representation. string print "string = ", $question->string, " "; Returns a string representation of the question record. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c)1997-2002 Michael Fuhr. Portions Copyright (c)2002-2004 Chris Reinhardt. Portions Copyright (c)2003,2006-2011 Dick Franks. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perl, Net::DNS, Net::DNS::DomainName, Net::DNS::Packet, RFC 1035 Section 4.1.2 perl v5.16.2 2012-01-27 Net::DNS::Question(3)