Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: txt file to CSV
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting txt file to CSV Post 302536054 by michaelrozar17 on Monday 4th of July 2011 03:35:21 AM
Old 07-04-2011
Through Sed..
Code:
sed -n 'H;${x;s/\n//;s/\n/,/gp}' inputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK CSV to TXT format, TXT file not in a correct column format

HI guys, I have created a script to read 1 column in a csv file and then place it in text file. However, when i checked out the text file, it is not in a column format... Example: CSV file contains name,age aa,11 bb,22 cc,33 After using awk to get first column TXT file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdap
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Format txt file to CSV

Hi All, I have a file with content FLIGHT PLANS PRODUCED ON 26.08.2008(SORTED BY FPLAN NUMBER) RUN DATED 27/08/08 PAGE 1 -------------------------------------------------------------- FPLAN FPLAN PRE BTCH BATCH POST BTCH BATCH BATCH ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digitalrg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file in csv

HI All, I have a text file memory.txt which has following values. Average: 822387 7346605 89.93 288845 4176593 2044589 51883 2.47 7600 i want to convert this file in csv format and i am using following command to do it. sed s/_/\./g <... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkashif
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing txt, xml files and preparing csv file

Hi, I need to parse text, xml files to get the statistic numbers and prepare summary csv file. What is the best way to parse these file and prepare csv file. Any idea you have , please? Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxLearner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print value from txt file to csv

Hi, I want to print two columns from a .txt file to a .csv file using awk. data in text file: Application -------------------------------------------------- ----------- OS Related Issues 1 EMEA Solutions ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashu_g
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting txt file into CSV using awk or sed

Hello folks I have a txt file of information about journal articles from different fields. I need to convert this information into a format that is easier for computers to manipulate for some research that I'm doing on how articles are cited. The file has some header information and then details... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksk
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Data From CSV File and put into a txt file

Hi Guys, File A I have File A as CSV Format.... No R SS MK Par value S AL A1 PKL123 Lo12 1 S AL A2 PKl123 Lo34 22 S AL A3 PkLK234 Lo67 -34 S AL A4 PkLK235 Lo09 120 S AL A5 PkLK236 Lo76 19 S AL A6 PkLK237 Lo44 -17 S AL A7 PkLK238 Lo90 2 S AL A8 PkLK239 Lo34 -9 I want file B like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a .csv file from 2 different .txt files?

Hi, I need to create a .csv file from information that i have in two different tab delimited .txt file. I just want to select some of the columns of each .txt file and paste them into a .cvs file. My files look like: File 1 transcript_id Seq. Description Seq. Length ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisrpp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to convert TXT file into CSV

Hi Team, i have some script which give output in TXT format , need script to convert TXT file into CSV. Output.TXT 413. U-UU-LVDT-NOD-6002 macro_outcome_dist-8.0.0(v1_0_2) KK:1.2.494 (1234:333:aaa:2333:3:2:333:a) 414. U-UU-LVDT-NOD-6004 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy data to CSV file from txt output

Hi Everyone , Below is output from a TL1 , I want just the NE Name: and beside that the Temperature and the voltages in a csv file , Is this possible? > act-user:AB1S2a:ArshadFO:493::**********; AB1S2a 2016-02-07 10:13:24 M 493 COMPLD "ArshadFO:2016-02-07 10-04-55,0" ;... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: adgjmpt
11 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)