Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: issue with grep command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting issue with grep command Post 302535459 by deepakiniimt on Thursday 30th of June 2011 06:21:30 PM
Old 06-30-2011
thats ok, but my problem is not to get rid of grep process. above i mentioned two process , red and orange , they r using same search pattern , i want to check the UP status of red process, which is taking more time compared to orange colour process and so script shows its UP as soon Orange process comes up.
i want to get Actual Status of Red process.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep issue

more Hello.txt it was a sunny way and i was about to go home. I need to grep and redirect to a new file all the text between 'sunny' and 'go' string above. Note: There may be multiple lines in between the string i need to grep between. If there are multiple 'go' strings it should grep till... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
9 Replies

2. HP-UX

Performance issue with 'grep' command for huge file size

I have 2 files; one file (say, details.txt) contains the details of employees and another file (say, emp.txt) has some selected employee names. I am extracting employee details from details.txt by using emp.txt and the corresponding code is: while read line do emp_name=`echo $line` grep -e... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arb_1984
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep command issue

How am I supposed to print with one Unix command the names (and only the names) of company JMT? Problems with scandinavian letters? By typing grep JMT url | egrep --only-matching ']+'I still have company name and + marks I should get rid of. I'd be very grateful of your help bacause I am new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jht
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

CUT Command and grep issue

I am trying to grep the oracle erros evry day from the logs file. My problem is : -rw-r----- 1 tibcolm tibco 17438361 Apr 5 11:59 RetryService-RetryService.log -rw-r----- 1 tibcolm tibco 245303 Apr 5 12:00 ResponseService-ResponseService.log -rw-r----- 1 tibcolm tibco 2122654 Apr 5 12:00... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neeraj617
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP ISSUE

Hi im trying a GREP a varaiable which contains a file name and i search it in a list of .txt file and ifs its found the .txt file , it returns the name of the txt file name..the snippet im using is foreach my $files (glob('*.txt')) { open(my $fh1, $files) or die("Unable to open '$files':... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkrishna89
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in grep

i have following pattern in file s6:s2 s2:s4 s1:s2:s3:s4:s5:s6 s1 . . Now i want to find occurence of each record in file like s6:s2 occurs twice {once in first record and both occur in 3 record as well} so output should be s6:s2 2 s2:s4 2 s1:s2:s3:s4:s5:s6 :1 s1 : 2 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharad.40216
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variable value substitution issue with awk command issue

Hi All, I am using the below script which has awk command, but it is not returing the expected result. can some pls help me to correct the command. The below script sample.ksh should give the result if the value of last 4 digits in the variable NM matches with the variable value DAT. The... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.K.K
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep issue

HI, I have a command to check a license file. License_print. In that file you get the headlines and all different licenses. Now i want to have things extracted from it. so i do like following: license_print | grep -iw -e "user" -e "admin" But i donīt want all lines where user is... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tzwaj
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue using empty variable in grep command

Hi, I'm writing a shell script and trying to grep a variable value, it works fine as long as there is a value in /tmp/list.out which is captured in $DSK but sometimes the file tends to be empty and that is where I'm having an issue while using grep which returns nothing. I know I can use something... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbak
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue executing grep command on Solaris

more jdbc.xml <name>Fast_ds/DataSource</name> <property> <name>user</name> <value>COL_USER</value> </property>Command 1: grep -A1 '<name>user</name>' jdbc.xml|grep -v '<name>user</name>'|sed 's/\(<value>\|<\/value>\)//g'| sed -e 's/^*//'Output: Command 2: grep... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
5 Replies
ORANGE(1)							   User Commands							 ORANGE(1)

NAME
orange - extract CAB files from self-extracting installers DESCRIPTION
orange [-d DIRECTORY] [-D LEVEL] [-h] FILENAME -d DIRECTORY Extract files to DIRECTORY -D LEVEL Set debug log level 0 - No logging (default) 1 - Errors only 2 - Errors and warnings 3 - Everything -h Show this help message FILENAME The file to list or extract contents of Orange is a tool and library for squeezing out juicy installable Microsoft Cabinet Files from self-extracting installers for Microsoft Win- dows. It currently supports the following kinds of installers: * Early support for installers created by Installer VISE. (Orange 0.3 or later) * Support for some installers created by Inno Setup. (Orange 0.2 or later) * Early support for the installer used by TomTom prod- ucts. (Orange 0.2 or later) * InstallShield versions 5 and 6, using Unshield for extracting InstallShield Cabinet files. * Setup Factory versions 5 and 6 using Dynamite for data decompression. * Some other installer (using a DLL called inflate.dll). This is used by for example Macromedia Flash Player 6 for Pocket PC 2002. * Microsoft Cabinets (also self-extracting) when you have Cabextract installed. * Zip archives (also self-extracting) when you have UnZip installed. orange 0.3.1 July 2004 ORANGE(1)