Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to scan for the empty or blank line Post 302535181 by itkamaraj on Thursday 30th of June 2011 04:00:00 AM
Old 06-30-2011
Code:

"^ .*"

The above pattern will match " abc" also
This User Gave Thanks to itkamaraj For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: delete regex line and next line if blank

Hi, I want to write a sed script which from batiato: batiato/giubbe: pip_b.2.txt pip_b.3.txt pip_b.3mmm.txt bennato: bennato/peterpan: 123.txt consoli: pip_a.12.txt daniele: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: one71
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace two blank line with a single blank line

Hi Guys, I have a file in which each set of records are separated by two blank line. I want to replace it with a single blank line. Can you guys help me out? Regards, Magesh (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fill the empty line by adding line before blank line

FIle A "A" 2 aa 34 3 ac 5 cd "B" 3 hu 67 4 fg 5 gy output shud be A"" 2 aa 34 "A" 3 ac 34 "A" 5 cd 34 "B" 3 hu 67 "B" 4 fg 67 "B" 5 gy 67 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete the last empty/blank line of the text file

Hi All, I have a file.txt which seems like having three lines. wc -l file.txt 3 file.txt In fact, once it is open in text editor, this file has four lines where the last line is empty. how can i delete this last empty line of the file.txt? I tried the codes below so far but they... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: senayasma
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - remove row if specific field is empty/blank

I have this text.filecharles darwin sam delight george washington johnson culper darwin sam delight micheal jackson penny lite and would like to remove the row, if the first field is blank. so the result would be: result.filecharles darwin sam ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: charles33
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to know how to replace a line after a pattern match with an empty line using SED

Hi How Are you? I am doing fine! I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Basically I need to replace the entire line containing "doing" with a blank line: I need to the following output: Hi How Are you? I need to go now? I will see you tomorrow! Thanks in advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sags007_99
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

String search and print next all lines in one line until blank line

Dear all I want to search special string in file and then print next all line in one line until blank lines come. Help me plz for same. My input file and desire op file is as under. i/p file: A1/EXT "BSCABD1_21233G1" 757 130823 1157 RADIO X-CEIVER ADMINISTRATION BTS EXTERNAL FAULT ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line...

Hello, I need a program that read a file line by line and prints out lines 1, 2 & 3 after an empty line... An example of entries in the file would be: SRVXPAPI001 ERRO JUN24 07:28:34 1775 REASON= 0000, PROCID= #E506 #1065: TPCIPPR, INDEX= 003F ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ferocci
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if the file is empty or has blank space.?

Hi, I am using KSH. I am trying to check if the output file is empty or not. I tried with ] but what i see is my file is empty but still manages to have a size of 1 instead of 0. But my file doesnot have anything its empty. I am not sure how to check this. can any one help? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a file, replace blank line by the last line not blank above

Dear All, In a CSV file, say that a given column has been extracted. In that column, information is missing (i.e. blank lines appear). I would like to replace the blank lines by the last valid line (not blank) previously read. For example, consider the extract below: 123 234 543 111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bagvian
7 Replies
NUACLGEN(8)															       NUACLGEN(8)

NAME
nuaclgen - NUFW acl generator SYNOPSIS
nuaclgen [ --Schema eq|ineq ] [ --Aclname ACLDN ] [ --saddr NETWORK1 ] [ --daddr NETWORK2 ] [ --proto PROTONUMBER ] [ --sport P1[:P2] ] [ --dport P3[:P4] ] [ --OsName OSNAME ] [ --OsVersion OSVERSION ] [ --OsRelease OSRELEASE ] [ --AppName APPLICATION NAME ] [ --AppSig APPLI- CATION SIGNATURE ] [ --Separator SEPARATOR ] [ --jump [ACCEPT|DROP] ] [ --groups GROUPLIST ] nuaclgen [ --List ] [ --groups Id Group ] nuaclgen [ --Delete DN ] nuaclgen [ --help ] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents the nuaclgen command. nuaclgen is an Access control list generator for the ldap backend of Nuauth, the authentication server of the NUFW package. Original packaging and informations and help can be found from http://www.nufw.org/ OPTIONS
--Schema eq|ineq Use equality schema or not (Equality schema requires dport be specified, and is the default. --AclName Acl DN Add an acl in the ldap tree with dn Acl DN --saddr Network Specify source network for the acl, with network of the form : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd[/ee]. Default value : 0.0.0.0/0 --daddr Network Specify destination network for the acl, with network of the form : aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd[/ee]. Default value : 0.0.0.0/0 --proto Protocol number Specify protocol type for the acl --sport Source port Specify source port(s) for the Acl. NNNN:MMMM can be used to specify a port range. --dport Destination port Specify destination port(s) for the Acl. NNNN:MMMM can be used to specify a port range. --jump Decision Specify decision for the Acl. Has to be ACCEPT or DROP. --groups Groups list Specify the user group(s) on which Acl apply. Must be of the form : Group1[,Group2[,...]] --List --group Group ID List Acls for the Group ID group --Delete Dn Deletes the Acl stored in the provided Dn --help Displays a brief resume of available options and quits SEE ALSO
nufw(8) nuauth(8) AUTHOR
Nuauth was designed and coded by Eric Leblond, aka Regit (<eric@regit.org>) , and Vincent Deffontaines, aka gryzor (<vincent@gryzor.com>). Original idea in 2001, while working on NSM Ldap support. This manual page was written by Eric Leblond and copyrighted by INL (2003-2005) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts and no Back-Cover Texts. 12 mars 2007 NUACLGEN(8)