Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris in.mpathd Cannot meet requested failure detection time Post 302535137 by ningy on Thursday 30th of June 2011 12:47:31 AM
Old 06-30-2011
Network /firewall problem

I have faced the same sometime back.
If no hardware problem on your side its better check with network admins to see if theres any firewall or network/traffic problem..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Your Opinion requested

Ladies/Gentlemen, I am looking for a web-based tool to keep track of my Sun inventory. The following list of fields are fields I would like to store: Root Passwd (needs to be secure) / Hostid / Console Port / IP Address / Platform / Application / Hostname . . . you get the point. Do any of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc9456
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK issue--> Help requested

Fairly new scripter so please bare with me if what I have done below is not according to standards. Okay...heres what I am trying to do. I have a pattern that I need to search for in a directory. This gives me a list of files that includes a control file that contains totals of the line nos for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Why in.mpathd errors - performance possibly?

Hello all, Run a search but see no previous queries. Trying to get to the bottom of why a server running Solaris 9 reports the following every other day: lonpcbcfp1:Jun 20 16:33:20 lonpcbcfp1 in.mpathd: missed sending 17 probes cur_time 1478014085 snxt_time 1478015026 snxt_basetime 1478014018... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bookiebarton
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help requested for a script with sed

Hello Folks, I would very much appreciate if I could get help/suggestions on a particular sed usage. I have to write a script to take version info from a version file, compute the image name, print error if the image does not exist. The version file looks like below: " # # version.cfg #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fatimap
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on sed requested

Hi I have a problem to resolve, I think sed is the best option, and I am not successful yet. Have a UNIX file which has records as of the 2 character state codes like NY NJ PA DE From the file I need to create this as a variable in the same script or another file -... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: snair2010
7 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Where did you meet UNIX for a first time?

Simple question , where did you meet UNIX OS-es. I started with linux, and then I have meet Solaris and I am all in Solaris right now , almost a year that I am in UNIX, still reading manuals. (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
35 Replies

7. Programming

Parallel Processing Detection and Program Return Value Detection

Hey, for the purpose of a research project I need to know if a specific type of parallel processing is being utilized by any user-run programs. Is there a way to detect whether a program either returns a value to another program at the end of execution, or just utilizes any form of parallel... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azar.zorn
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Script HELP Requested.

Hello ALL , i am requesting help on for this script i am preparing to get the result of a query in a excel sheet : current Error: Script : NO Excel file created. requesting to know where i am going wrong. #!/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anirudhkashikar
2 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)