Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [ask]filtering file to indexing... Post 302534996 by zvtral on Wednesday 29th of June 2011 10:23:38 AM
Old 06-29-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Life
Code:
cut -d'|' -f1 input_file > index_years.txt
cut -d'|' -f3,4 input_file > index_nm.txt

@shell_life
its simple code Smilie nice to use thx for your advice

r.a.r

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem in filtering the file

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, Plz help me out with this. I have some requirement like this..... I have a file like this... * CS sent email (11.20) CALYPSO 1031276 9076673 CDSHY FAILED Nov 19 2007 7:28AM OASYS: Unable to find CUSTOMER... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: adityam
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Indexing or Filtering code- Pattern Search by comparing two files

So here is goes to the Gurus of shell programming......I have tried a lot of different ways and its a very challenging code to write but i am enjoying it as i troubleshoot and hopefully someone can provide me a better option....Thank you in advance for your time and support....Much appreciated... ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering Log file

Hi, Iam trying to filter a log file in the below format |fffff|hhhhh|ffff|dd|mm|yy|hh|min||dd|mm|yy|hh|min the first set of |dd|mm|yy|hh|min is when the application ran the second set of |dd|mm|yy|hh|min when it ended. I will be removing the last of the months in the log file to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baanprog
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering a file

I have a list of directories looking something like; /usr/local/1/in /usr/local/1/out /usr/local/1/archive /usr/local/2/in /usr/local/2/out /usr/local/2/archive /usr/local/3/in /usr/local/3/out /usr/local/3/archive Is there a way I can filter the out and archive directories so I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

filtering the rows in a file

hi all, please help on this isssue, i have a file which contains something like this and i want to seprate the servers which has vasd.pid ,i need only server names. i want output something like this which vasd.pid . server1 server3 server4 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharson
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

indexing list of words in a file

Hey all, I'm doing a project currently and want to index words in a webpage. So there would be a file with webpage content and a file with list of words, I want an output file with true and false that would show which word exists in the webpage. example: Webpage content data.html ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

indexing a file

hello guys, I have a file like this: input.dat Push-to-talk No Coonection IP support Support for IP telephony Yes Built-in SIP stack Yes Support via software Yes Microsoft Support for Microsoft Exchange Yes UMA (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filtering records from 1 file based on some manipulation doen on second file

Hi, I am looking for an awk script which should help me to meet the following requirement: File1 has records in following format INF: FAILEd RECORD AB1234 INF: FAILEd RECORD PQ1145 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB3215 INF: FAILEd RECORD AB6114 ............................ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mintu41
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering first file columns based on second file column

Hi friends, I have one file like below. (.csv type) SNo,data1,data2 1,1,2 2,2,3 3,3,2 and another file like below. Exclude data1 where Exclude should be treated as column name in file2. I want the output shown below. SNo,data2 1,2 2,3 3,2 Where my data1 column got removed from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a file using 2-D indexing system

I have a file and want to split it using a 2-D index system for example if the file is p.dat with 6 data sets separated by ">". I want to set nx=3, ny=2. I need to create files p.dat.1.1 p.dat.1.2 p.dat.1.3 p.dat.2.1 p.dat.2.2 p.dat.2.3 I have tried using a single index and want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies
mca2edf(1)						 PyMca X-Ray Fluorescence Toolkit						mca2edf(1)

NAME
mca2edf - Convert SPEC file format files to EDF format SYNOPSIS
mca2edf [OPTIONS] [FILES] DESCRIPTION
X-ray maps were stored at the European Synchrotron Radiation Facility as a set of images in ESRF Data Format (EDF). The image rows being associated to points of a horizontal sample scan and the image columns to the spectrum channels. This tool allows to convert a set of files wrapped by the PyMca Toolkit as SPEC file format, and therefore without sample position informa- tion, to European Synchrotron Radiation Facility data format (EDF). Its usefulness is nowdays somehow limited because recent PyMca developements allow to reshape nspectra x nchannels datasets in the tools making use of the shape information (pymcaroitool, pymcapostbatch). EXAMPLES
mca2edf Open a dialog to select input files, output directory and the number of spectra on each horizontal row. mca2edf --outdir=/tmp --mcastep=2 *.mca Convert all the .mca files in current directory to a set of EDF files containing two spectra. The output is placed in /tmp mca2edf --outdir=/tmp --mcastep=2 --listfile=input_file Same as before but applied to all the files listed in input_file. Each line of input_file must contain a valid file name. SEE ALSO
pymcaroitool, pymcapostbatch ESRF
March 2012 mca2edf(1)