Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Problem accessing my domain from some computers Post 302534636 by Percyval on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 10:35:46 AM
Old 06-28-2011
This is no longer an issue.

It seems that it was simply the DNS propagating VERY slowly, more than 3 weeks to work from all my test machines (clearing caches all the way).

I guess a combo of the home server switching off a couple of times and the dynamic DNS slowed things down.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

domain name problem

Oct 8 05:01:50 servername sendmail: My unqualified host name (servername) unknown; sleeping for retry Oct 8 05:02:50 servername sendmail: unable to qualify my own domain name (servername) -- using short name hi, dmesg catch this error. so what is it about and what shall i rectify about it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yls177
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Problem accessing network using Linux

Ok, here at work, we have Windows computers which login into a MS domain server. Some of us also have Linux boxes which get a ip address from the dhcp server. We can see other boxes and see the internet until about 1 week ago. Now, we still get a ip address but can't see anything within our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing csh ?? (Newbie)

Hi All, Just recently started using a program in Unix for a client. I was sent a script to use but for some reason it's not working. The person who created the script first suggested I may need to edit the first line of the script so that it has the correct path for the csh file: #!/bin/csh -f... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmalt
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with accessing SAN disks

Hi, I'm having a problem when attempting to define the OCR location for my 10g RAC setup on Solaris 10. I get the following error: The specified shared raw partition /dev/did/rdsk/d1s0 may not have the correct permission. Verify that the partition is owned by Oracle user. As per the Oracle10g... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael.chow
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in accessing variables outside shell

Hi, I have a shell script wherein i am doing some file operations and storing the data in some variables. I am exporting these variables as i need to use them outside shell. Then within the shell i am launching GDB session hoping that i will be able to access the exported variables in the GDB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsantosh
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem Accessing disk

Basically I´m Absolutely New to Opensolaris (Started Using It This Morning), I´m Following A Tutorial On How To Access NTFS Partitions. Device Driver Utility Finds It And Says Everythings Fine With It DISK : ST3160022ACE Capacity : 160G Driver ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xXCanisLupusXx
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem accessing array elements

Hi all, I can’t resolve an array element access issue on (Linux/pdksh) .. So I’m positing for advice.By the way - a friend demonstrated to me - same script works as expected under Solaris. I have been working on a documentation project where many *.jpg screen shots are used in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: njdpo
4 Replies

8. IP Networking

Problem in eth0 and eth1 sharing internet with other computers

hellow everbody. iam using 32 bit centos 6.2 on my desktop and iam new to linux. i have eth0 and eth1 on my desktop. so i have some problems i have menson here: i have edited: etc/sysctl.conf net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 and i have edited iptables too # iptables -t nat -A... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paruhang
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with accessing Samba shares on external (NON-DOMAIN) webserver(s)

Hi all, You may have seen my recent topic, where I asked for help getting some samba shares to work on our network. Now that these are working, I move on to the next hurdle! We have a few externally hosted (Windows Server 2008 R2) web servers which are not on our domain, but can still... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgreen81
0 Replies
Mail::DKIM::DNS(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Mail::DKIM::DNS(3)

NAME
Mail::DKIM::DNS - performs DNS queries for Mail::DKIM DESCRIPTION
This is the module that performs DNS queries for Mail::DKIM. CONFIGURATION
This module has a couple configuration settings that the caller may want to use to customize the behavior of this module. $Mail::DKIM::DNS::TIMEOUT This global variable specifies the maximum amount of time (in seconds) to wait for a single DNS query to complete. The default is 10. Mail::DKIM::DNS::resolver() Use this global subroutine to get or replace the instance of Net::DNS::Resolver that Mail::DKIM uses. If set to undef (the default), then a brand new default instance of Net::DNS::Resolver will be created the first time a DNS query is needed. You will call this subroutine if you want to specify non-default options to Net::DNS::Resolver, such as different timeouts, or to enable use of a persistent socket. For example: # first, construct a custom DNS resolver my $res = Net::DNS::Resolver->new( udp_timeout => 3, tcp_timeout => 3, retry => 2, ); $res->udppacketsize(1240); $res->persistent_udp(1); # then, tell Mail::DKIM to use this resolver Mail::DKIM::DNS::resolver($res); Mail::DKIM::DNS::enable_EDNS0() This is a convenience subroutine that will construct an appropriate DNS resolver that uses EDNS0 (Extension mechanisms for DNS) to support large DNS replies, and configure Mail::DKIM to use it. (As such, it should NOT be used in conjunction with the resolver() subroutine described above.) Mail::DKIM::DNS::enable_EDNS0(); Use of EDNS0 is recommended, since it reduces the need for falling back to TCP when dealing with large DNS packets. However, it is not enabled by default because some Internet firewalls which do deep inspection of packets are not able to process EDNS0-enabled packets. When there is a firewall on a path to a DNS resolver, the EDNS0 feature should be specifically tested before enabling. AUTHOR
Jason Long, <jlong@messiah.edu> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2006-2007, 2012-2013 by Messiah College This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.6 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.18.2 2013-02-07 Mail::DKIM::DNS(3)