Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Endangered Freedom ?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Endangered Freedom ? Post 302534611 by Neo on Tuesday 28th of June 2011 09:31:12 AM
Old 06-28-2011
Oh.. I forgot to qualify my post above as mainly focused on "closed systems"....... it gets more interesting when we discuss "open systems", "living systems", "complex systems", etc.

Naturally, this is an area I am always keenly interested in.... and I tend to think in terms of "systems theory" when looking at situations and things. I even view all belief systems (religions, for example) as "systems" as well as nations, governments, markets, and more.

I think it is good to discuss these topics in our forums, as long as we discuss them through the lens of a technologist or scientist, and not via irrational thoughts based on fear and other emotions that lead to irrational thinking and human conflict.

This has always been the philosophy here at these forums.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

The Journey of OpenJDK 6 into Fedora, EPEL, and freedom - podcast with Tom Fitzsimmon

The first morning of JavaOne was a great serendipitous event. How often does something fall into place like this: I saw Barton George, who looks after Sun’s relationships with Linux communities, and we decided to cook up a podcast about OpenJDK 6 in Fedora 9. As we walked to the recording room,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Happy Document Freedom Day

Document Freedom Day (DFD) is a global grassroots effort* to promote and build awareness of the importance of free document formats in particular and open standards in general.* If you have ever received a document from a friend that your software could not open, then you know the frustration of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies
libxml(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 libxml(3)

NAME
libxml - library used to parse XML files DESCRIPTION
The libxml library is used to parse XML files. Its internal document repesentation is as close as possible to the DOM (Document Object Model) interface, an API for accessing XML or HTML structured documents. The libxml library also has a SAX-like interface, which is designed to be compatible with expat(1). NOTE: SAX, the Simple API for XML, is a standard interface for event-based XML parsing, developed collaboratively by the members of the XML-DEV mailing list, currently hosted by OASIS. The expat library is a XML 1.0 parser written in C, which aims to be fully conforming. It is currently not a validating XML pro- cessor. The libxml library now includes a nearly complete XPath implementation. The XPath (XML Path Language) is a language for addressing parts of an XML document, designed to be used by both XSLT and XPointer. The libxml library exports Push and Pull type parser interfaces for both XML and html. FILES
/depot/lib/libxml_2.0.0/libxml.a static library /depot/lib/libxml_2.0.0/libxml.so shareable library /depot/package/libxml_2.0.0/bin/xmllint binary application for parsing XML files AUTHORS
Daniel Veillard (daniel@veillard.com). Red Hat Inc. Manual page by Ziying Sherwin (sherwin@nlm.nih.gov), Lister Hill National Center for Biomedical Communications, U.S. National Library of Medicine. SEE ALSO
xmllint(1), libxslt(3), libexslt(3), xsltproc(1) 12 April 2000 libxml(3)