Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Validate xml agaist xsd is ksh Post 302534272 by fpmurphy on Monday 27th of June 2011 09:50:35 AM
Old 06-27-2011
You cannot. You need to use a tool like xmlproc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Generating XML from XSD

Hi all, Am looking for a way to generate XML based on XSDs so that the final XML need not be validated against the XSDs again. Here is the part of the XSD <xsd:element name="first_element"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="val"/> </xsd:sequence> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

XMLLINT COMMAND IN UNIX TO VALIDATE XML AGAINST XSD

Hi i am baby to unix shell script. how do i validate xml agaist xsd and transforms xml using xslt. Thanks Mohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan.cheepu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required converting XSD to XML file in PERL

Hi, Please find below the xsd. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="fruitorder"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="orderperson"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XML / XSD: what is a good format for amounts?

Suppose I have a XSD definition of amount: <xs:element name="Amount" type="amount> And the amounts themselves are given in the following format in the XML: <amount>1.000.00</amount> In other words, the thousand separator and the decimal point are the same. Does this require that the parser... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating XML against XSD

Hi Frnds I want to validate an xml file against its xsd using KSH. But dont have any idea on how to proceed:confused:.. Please help me with your ideas.. Thanks in advance.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balesh
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to: Validate a CSV file using an XSD?

Hi All, I was wondering if there is a utility/perl library/way of validating the contents of a CSV file using an XSD. i.e. Customer csv (including Header & Trailer) Cust_num, Cust_nme, Cust_typ, Cust_act_dte, Cust_loc, 101,Joe's Pizza,Retail,10121979,Detroit, 102,Sony... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luinzi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to validate Database password in ksh?

Hi All, I want to validate the Production Database password at the time of login through script. If incorrect password entererd by the user, the script will ask again for the password. Below is the sample of my script... ######################### # Unix Code Starts here #... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saps19
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to validate the export of a XML-formatted mapping

Can any one please share a unix script for validating the export of a mapping which is in XML format Any help would be great for me. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sampoorna
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Sample ksh script to validate all the database objects

Hi, I need a sample script to validate all the database objects like 1. table structure(columns, datatypes,key contraints if any) 2. synonyms 3. grants 4. indexes ....etc thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth_sagi
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating XML file using XSD in UNIX

Hi, I have a xml file and a xsd file(xml schema file). Here using unix script i wanted to validate the xml file by referring to xsd file. The validation is in terms of Datatype,Field length and null values. If the data present in the xml file is not matching in terms of datatype,field length... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
3 Replies
mdoc-validate(1)					      General Commands Manual						  mdoc-validate(1)

NAME
mdoc validate - Validate XML documents against a schema SYNOPSIS
mdoc validate [OPTIONS]* PATHS+ DESCRIPTION
mdoc validate validates the specified PATHS against a specified format schema. OPTIONS
--format=FORMAT The documentation format to validate PATHS against. Supported formats include: ecma. See the FORMATS section below for more information about these formats. The default format (if none is specified) is ecma. -h, -?, --help Display a help message and exit. FORMATS
The following documentation formats are supported: ecma The Mono ECMA Documentation Format validates all output generated by mdoc-update(1) against an XML schema, including the index.xml, ns-*.xml, and NamespaceName/TypeName.xml files. See mdoc(5) for details about this file format. EXAMPLES
To validate the mdoc-update(1) output stored within a directory (and all documentation within that directory, recursively), use: mdoc validate /path/to/ecma/docs MAILING LISTS
Visit http://lists.ximian.com/mailman/listinfo/mono-docs-list for details. WEB SITE
Visit http://www.mono-project.com/mdoc for details mdoc-validate(1)