Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to force Sendmail to Rewrite Sender Address? Post 302533507 by KhawHL on Friday 24th of June 2011 12:03:21 AM
Old 06-24-2011
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. It's really a lot need to absorb Smilie.. will try to pick up. It will be good if someone has already done can show me the steps..Smilie

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx sender address customisation

Hi All, I'm on UNIX -Solaris... I'm trying to send mail usin Mailx..... The script is working fine and attachments are also being sent.... BUT, when I receive the mail,, the sender address shown is the unix login id name.... Any way by which I could manipulate this in my script command or any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasan_srini
1 Replies

2. AIX

Change sender e-mail address

When sending emails to the outside world, aix present itself as d_prod@production1.pdc.itercom.org. This is causing some issue with our e-mail server. So we need to change the name to d_prod@itercom.org... Does any one know how this can be accomplished? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cchiang12
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Different Sender Address

Hello Following command send link to division managers. echo http://severname:8081/account-reports/2008Jun19-2008Jun25.2/index.html | mail -s "Weekly Division Sales Report" johndoe@companmail.com QUESTION. Above command send a body which is link of division report in email with... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paulds
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sender email address has to changes

I am sending email with attachment using mail and uuencode command. Ex: (echo "$EMAIL_BODY"; uuencode $FILE ATTACH.TXT) || mail "$EMAIL_ID" -s "$EMAIL_SUB" I am getting email from "applmgr@rigelapp01.us.dell.com". I want to change this email address into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balajiora
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

postfix sender address rewriting

Hi, I have a postfix server that relays to an exchange server. All of my unix/linux systems send to this server, the problem is the form the mail is sent with, the sender address is username@hostname.domain.local I need to rewrite every sender address to unix@maildomain.com for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: funksen
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the sender Email address to Alias

Hi All, I want to change the email address of the sender to some alias for eg: FROM:noreplyecommerce@test.com needs to be changes to TEST Please help me. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sithara
3 Replies

7. Linux

Sendmail has these errors--Domain of sender address <root@time.com> does not exist

Does anyone has a clue of what is going on here? It was working few days ago. /etc/hosts looks ok, sendmail does restart without any errors, telnet is successful. I will be happy to send you guys any output required. Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 553 #5.1.8 Domain of sender address... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovesaikrishna
1 Replies

8. AIX

Sendmail on AIX adding header rewrite

Hi, I have been having issues with sendmail service on the AIX server recently with header rewrite on few random email generated from the scripts or programs. I'm not sure what is causing as rest of the emails from the sever is generating correctly? AIX Server --> GATEWAY SERVER(Serv2smtp)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: musu1982
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail Rewrite Ruleset

Hi all, I like to write a rule which do the following: INPUT ADDRESS REWRITTEN TO ----------------------------- ----------------------------- foo.bar@sub.domain.com bar@domain.com foo@othersub.domain.com ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashily
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx command to include sender address

Hi, I m using mailx to send email. I am using sender=server name(display name) echo "body" | mailx -s "subject" -b "bcc address" "to address" -- -f "$sender". I should get email with sender as only display name. In stead i am getting displayname@server address. Please suggest Use code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: usrrenny
1 Replies
msh(1)							      General Commands Manual							    msh(1)

NAME
msh - MH shell (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
msh [-help] [-prompt string] [file] OPTIONS
Prints a list of the valid options for this command. Sets the prompt for msh. If the string you specify includes white space, you must enclose it in double quotes ("). If you do not specify this option, the default prompt is (msh). The following defaults are used by msh: file defaults to -prompt (msh) DESCRIPTION
The command msh is an interactive program that implements a subset of the normal MH commands operating on a single file in packf format. That is, msh is used to read a file that contains a number of messages, as opposed to the standard MH style of reading a number of files, each file being a separate message in a folder. The chief advantage of msh is that, unlike the normal MH style, it allows a file to have more than one message in it. In addition, msh can be used on other files, such as message archives which have been packed using packf. When invoked, msh reads the named file, and enters a command loop. You can type most of the normal MH commands. The syntax and semantics of these commands typed to msh are identical to their MH counterparts. In cases where the nature of msh would be inconsistent with the way MH works (for example, specifying a +folder with some commands), msh will duly inform you. The commands that msh currently supports are: ali burst comp dist folder forw inc mark mhmail msgchk next packf pick prev refile repl rmm scan send show sortm whatnow whom In addition, msh has a help command which gives a brief overview of all the msh options. To terminate msh, either type <CTRL/D>, or use the quit command. If the file is writable and has been modified, then using quit will ask you if the file should be updated. A redirection facility is supported by msh. Commands may be followed by one of the following standard symbols: Open an interprocess chan- nel; connect output to another command. Write output to file. Append output to file. If file starts with a tilde (~), then a C-shell-like expansion takes place. Note that commands are interpreted by sh(1). When parsing commands to the left of any redirection symbol, msh will honor the backslash () as the quote next-character symbol, and dou- ble quotes (") as quote-word delimiters. All other input tokens are separated by white space (spaces and tabs). You may wish to use an alternative profile for the commands that msh executes; see mh_profile(4) for details of the $MH environment vari- able. RESTRICTIONS
The msh shell is not the C-shell, and a lot of the facilities provided by the latter are not present in the former. In particular, msh does not support back-quoting, history substitutions, variable substitutions, or alias substitutions. msh does not understand back-quoting. The only effective way to use pick inside msh is to always use the seq select option. If you add the following line to your pick will work equally well from both the shell and msh: pick: -seq select -list There is a strict limit of messages per file in packf format which msh can handle. Usually, this limit is 1000 messages. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory Msg-Protect: To set protections when creating a new file fileproc: Program to file messages showproc: Program to show messages FILES
The user profile. The system customization file. SEE ALSO
csh(1), packf(1), sh(1), mh_profile(4) msh(1)