Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Sort a bunch of strings by an arbitrary token Post 302533457 by shamrock on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 04:32:23 PM
Old 06-23-2011
Assuming that's the posted input try this...
Code:
sort -k6,6nr file

This User Gave Thanks to shamrock For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort() array of strings in perl

I have a perl script with an array of clients. @arr = ("The ABC Corp", "AA Corp.", "BB Corp"); If I run @a = sort (@arr); I will get @a = ("AA Corp", "BB Corp", "The ABC Corp"); but I want @a = ("AA Corp, "The ABC Corp", "BB Corp"); How do I sort array without changing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to sort strings by length?

I'm trying to find the longest word in /usr/share/dict/words The first thing I can think of is to sort the content by length then it would be easy to find out, but then i realize theres no option of sort to sort by length. Could you guys please give me some help?:confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockbike
7 Replies

3. Programming

Sort ascending n strings in C

Hy guys. My English is not so good, sorry for any mistakes. I'm a bigginer in C, and I have a problem. I want to sort ascending n strings, but I can't read the strings. Here is what I've done so far: //sort ascending n strings #include <stdio.h> int main() { int n,i,j; char a; ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1/0
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arbitrary sort orders

So, suppose I want to sort something in some arbitrary order... for example, let's say I have "grades" (actually, work evaluation results where I work) that are, from best to worst, E, A, S, D, P. So, I want to sort by a "grade" column with the E's first, then the A's, etc. Is there a reasonably... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: treesloth
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to sort lines by strings between ()?

Hello,everyone. I am learning some Info commands.I put all commands and their explanations in a file. This is a part of it: ESC PgUp (scroll-other-window-backward)Scroll the other window backward ESC Right (forward-word) Move forward a word ESC r (move-to-window-line) ESC TAB... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vic005
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Sort substring occurrences in array of strings

Hi, My developer is on vacation and I am not sure if there is something which is easier for this. I have an array of strings. Each string in the array has "%" characters in it. I have to get the string(s) which have the least number of "%" in them. I know how I can get occurrences : ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sinpeak
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want to sort a file which contains alphanumeric strings

I want to sort a file which contains alphanumeric string. bash-3.00$ cat abc mtng1so mtng2so mtng11so mtng9so mtng23so mtng7so hstg2so hstg9so hstg1so hstg11so hstg13so bash-3.00$ Want output like this, using one liner. hstg1so (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raza Ali
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort strings with numbers

I want to sort my data first by the 2nd field then by the first field. I can't use sort -V because I don't have gnu sort and cannot install one. How do I go about this? Input: G456 KT1 34 K234 KT10 45 L2 KT2 26 H5 LAF2 28 F3 LAF2 36 Output: G456 KT1 34 L2 KT2 26 K234 KT10 45 F3... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort strings containing numbers

How can I sort this, first by 2nd field then by 1st field. tried sort -b -k 2,2 Input: AS11 AB1 BD34 AB10 AF12 AC2 A345 AB10 R134 AB2 456 AC10 TTT2 BD12 desired output: AS11 AB1 R134 AB2 A345 AB10 BD34 AB10 AF12 AC2 456 AC10 TTT2 BD12 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aydj
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Strange results from 'strings | sort'

Using the 'strings' command and piping the result to 'sort' is producing strange results. I get block of lines that begin with asterisks, then a block that begins with some text, then more lines that begin with asterisks. The actual content is correct - lines beginning with asterisks is the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edstevens
5 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)