Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Alphanumeric to integer
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Alphanumeric to integer Post 302533348 by Skrynesaver on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 11:18:56 AM
Old 06-23-2011
Depends on whether you want 1A2 to return 1, 2 or 12

If the latter,
Code:
sed 's/[^0-9]+//g'

If the former,
Code:
 perl '@ints=$ARGV[0]=~/[0-9]+/g;print(join ", ", @ints),"\n";'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

matching alphanumeric string

how to match an alphanumeric string like the following. i have to do like the following. if the input line is the data is {clock_91b} i have to replace that with the string was ("clock_91b") i tried like $line =~ s/the data is\s+\{(+)\}/the string was \(\"$1\"\)/ which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sskb
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort command - alphanumeric

I have a file I'm trying to sort such as fred1 fred2 fred10 fred11 ... when I sort I get fred1 fred10 fred11 fred2 ... using sort can any give me the syntax to sort this is dict order e.g., (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gefa
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AlphaNumeric String Operations

Hi :) I am writing a ksh I have a string of general format A12B3456CD78 the string is of variable length the string always ends with numbers (here it is 78.. it can be any number of digits may be 789 or just 7) before these ending numbers are alphabets (here it is CD can even be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikanth
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

alphanumeric comparision

I have a requirement where I need to check if where r1v07l09ab is a software release. I should always check for this to be true to continue the release deployment because an older release should not be deployed by mistake. I mean only the release greater than the current release should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshou
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

alphanumeric Sorting

Hi , I have a requirement where one column have to be sorted (delimiter is pipe) for eg: My input filed is as below 1|FIAT|0010103|23011|01/01/2000|31/12/9999|1.15 2|232|613|1 2|234|743|1 2|234|793|1 2|234|893|1 1|FIAT|0010103|23012|01/01/2000|31/12/9999|1.15 2|230|006|0 2|230|106|0... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmi131
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

get rid of non-alphanumeric characters

Hi! Could anyone so kindly help me a code to eliminate from a txt file, obtained by collecting and merge several web-page, every word (string) containing non alphabetical, numeric and punctuation character (i.e NON a-zA-Z0-9, underscore and punctuation mark)? Thanks a lot for the help to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjomba
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing alphanumeric variables

Hi All, I have files with a column which has values and ranges, for example colA colB ERD1 3456 ERD2 ERD3 4456 I want to have the following output colA colB colC ERD1 3456 3456 ERD2 526887 526890 ERD3 4456 4456 Being a newbie to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpesh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting of alphanumeric filenames..

Hi All, I want sort following files in ascending order. exp_installer_CC4160-file10.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file11.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file12.dmp exp_installer_CC4160-file13.dmp... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gramakrishna
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to compare string integer with an integer?

hi, how to I do this? i="4.000" if ; then echo "smaller" fi how do I convert the "4.000" to 4? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble with alphanumeric Sort

I have a lot of data that need to be sorted alphanumerically. I began using sort -du and it solved almost all my problems. However, when I encountered files with data like this it began to fail: /vol/close_eng_ice_0888 /vol/open_eng_ice_0890 /vol/open_eng_ice_08923 /vol/open_eng_ice_0893... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
6 Replies
ExtUtils::Command::MM(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				ExtUtils::Command::MM(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::Command::MM - Commands for the MM's to use in Makefiles SYNOPSIS
perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e "function" "--" arguments... DESCRIPTION
FOR INTERNAL USE ONLY! The interface is not stable. ExtUtils::Command::MM encapsulates code which would otherwise have to be done with large "one" liners. Any $(FOO) used in the examples are make variables, not Perl. test_harness test_harness($verbose, @test_libs); Runs the tests on @ARGV via Test::Harness passing through the $verbose flag. Any @test_libs will be unshifted onto the test's @INC. @test_libs are run in alphabetical order. pod2man pod2man( '--option=value', $podfile1 => $manpage1, $podfile2 => $manpage2, ... ); # or args on @ARGV pod2man() is a function performing most of the duties of the pod2man program. Its arguments are exactly the same as pod2man as of 5.8.0 with the addition of: --perm_rw octal permission to set the resulting manpage to And the removal of: --verbose/-v --help/-h If no arguments are given to pod2man it will read from @ARGV. If Pod::Man is unavailable, this function will warn and return undef. warn_if_old_packlist perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e warn_if_old_packlist <somefile> Displays a warning that an old packlist file was found. Reads the filename from @ARGV. perllocal_install perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e perllocal_install <type> <module name> <key> <value> ... # VMS only, key|value pairs come on STDIN perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e perllocal_install <type> <module name> < <key>|<value> ... Prints a fragment of POD suitable for appending to perllocal.pod. Arguments are read from @ARGV. 'type' is the type of what you're installing. Usually 'Module'. 'module name' is simply the name of your module. (Foo::Bar) Key/value pairs are extra information about the module. Fields include: installed into which directory your module was out into LINKTYPE dynamic or static linking VERSION module version number EXE_FILES any executables installed in a space seperated list uninstall perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" -e uninstall <packlist> A wrapper around ExtUtils::Install::uninstall(). Warns that uninstallation is deprecated and doesn't actually perform the uninstallation. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 ExtUtils::Command::MM(3pm)