Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting counting lines containing two column field values with awk Post 302532820 by panyam on Wednesday 22nd of June 2011 06:57:37 AM
Old 06-22-2011
so the output you are expecting is

ABC -> 3 times,

SOL -> 3 times ?

In straight way , count only the first occurance of SOL ( keeping in mind column1 should be unique)
This User Gave Thanks to panyam For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with switching field/column values

Hi all, I need some help on switching field/column values. For example I have a file name data.txt which contains: a b a b a b and I want to switch a and b and save it to the same file. the file data.txt then will have: b a b a b a The problem is, well, I know how to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonyd8
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk counting lines with field match

Hi, Im trying to create a script that reads throught every line in a file and then counts how many lines there with a certain field that matches a input, and also ausing another awk it has to do the same as the above but to then use sort anduniq to get rid of all the unique lines with another... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredted40x
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose field names from column headers to values in one column

Hi All, I'm looking for a script which can transpose field names from column headers to values in one column. for example, the input is: IDa;IDb;IDc;PARAM1;PARAM2;PARAM3; a;b;c;p1val;p2val;p3val; d;e;f;p4val;p5val;p6val; g;h;i;p7val;p8val;p9val; into the output like this: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: popesk
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the values of a column in awk in a same file and consecutive lines..

I would like to compare the values of 2nd column of consecutive lines of same file in such a way so that if the difference between first value and second value is more than 100 it should print complete line else ignore line. Input File ========== PDB 2500 RTDB 123 RTDB-EAGLE 122 VSCCP 2565... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manuswami
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk to sum column field from duplicate row/lines

Hello, I am new to Linux environment , I working on Linux script which should send auto email based on the specific condition from log file. Below is the sample log file Name m/c usage abc xxx 10 abc xxx 20 abc xxx 5 xyz ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Counting The Number of Lines Between Values with Multiple Variables

Hey everyone, I have a bunch of lines with values in field 4 that I am interested in. If these values are between 1 and 3 I want it to count all these values to all be counted together and then have the computer print out LOW and the number of lines with those values in between 1 and 3,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: VagabondGold
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: print lines with one of multiple pattern in the same field (column)

Hi all, I am new to using awk and am quickly discovering what a powerful pattern-recognition tool it is. However, I have what seems like a fairly basic task that I just can't figure out how to perform in one line. I want awk to find and print all the lines in which one of multiple patterns (e.g.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: elgo4
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to filter out lines containing unique values in a specified column

Hi, I have multiple files that each contain four columns of strings: File1: Code: 123 abc gfh 273 456 ddff jfh 837 789 ghi u4u 395 File2: Code: 123 abc dd fu 456 def 457 nd 891 384 djh 783 I want to compare the strings in Column 1 of File 1 with each other file and Print in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum column values matching other field

this is part of a KT i am going thru. i am writing a script in bash shell, linux where i have 2 columns where 1st signifies the nth hour like 00, 01, 02...23 and 2nd the file size. sample data attached. Desired output is 3 columns which will give the nth hour, number of entries in nth hour and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpha_1
3 Replies
libipmiconsole(3)						  System Commands						 libipmiconsole(3)

NAME
libipmiconsole - IPMI SOL library SYNOPSIS
#include <ipmiconsole.h> int ipmiconsole_engine_init(unsigned int thread_count, unsigned int debug_flags); int ipmiconsole_engine_submit(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c, Ipmiconsole_callback callback, void *callback_arg); int ipmiconsole_engine_submit_block(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); void ipmiconsole_engine_teardown(int cleanup_sol_sessions); ipmiconsole_ctx_t ipmiconsole_ctx_create(char *hostname, struct ipmiconsole_ipmi_config *ipmi_config, struct ipmiconsole_protocol_config *protocol_config); int ipmiconsole_ctx_errnum(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); char *ipmiconsole_ctx_strerror(int errnum); ipmiconsole_ctx_status_t ipmiconsole_ctx_status(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); int ipmiconsole_ctx_fd(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); int ipmiconsole_ctx_generate_break(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); int ipmiconsole_ctx_destroy(ipmiconsole_ctx_t c); DESCRIPTION
Libipmiconsole implements a high level serial-over-lan (SOL) API for remote console access. It can be used to establish and manage multiple IPMI 2.0 SOL sessions. The goal of this library is to abstract away all of the underlying IPMI/SOL details away from the user into a rela- tively simple file descriptor interface. FILES
/usr/include/ipmiconsole.h REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <freeipmi-users@gnu.org> or <freeipmi-devel@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007-2012 Lawrence Livermore National Security, LLC. Copyright (C) 2006-2007 The Regents of the University of California. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
ipmiconsole(8) http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/ libipmiconsole 1.1.5 2012-06-15 libipmiconsole(3)