Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Searching for an entry and deleting the line Post 302532716 by bludhemn on Tuesday 21st of June 2011 11:18:45 PM
Old 06-22-2011
This worked. Thank you!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting double entry in a file

Hi, I am having almost the same problem as junior member 'oupsforum' (refer to subjuct "deleting double entry in a log file"), only that I am using Sun Sorlaris Unix which the uniq command does not has the flag -w. So I am not able to ignore certain portion of the line when the uniq doing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wing m. Cheng
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching and deleting

Hi Guys I hope this is an easy one, is it possible to write a unix bash script, (or just a command) to search for wildcards and then delete that wildcard once it is found, and the search is performed over a whole directory tree. eg it searches for *.ppp then once it finds them it deletes ???.ppp.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beardiebeardie
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching a pattern in file and deleting th ewhole line containing the pattern

Hi All, Please can someone assist in the script I have made that searches a pattern in a file and delete the whole line containing the pattern. #!bin/sh # The pattern that user want to add to the files echo "Enter the pattern of the redirect" read value # check if the user has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shazin
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for searching a pattern in 5 files and deleting the patterns given

Hi All, I have written the below script that searches for the pattern in a file and delete them if present. please can some one have a look and suggest the changes in the script. #!bin/sh # The pattern that user want to add to the files echo "Enter the pattern of the redirect" read... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching and deleting from a file

Hi, Iam using the below script for searching and deleting a pattern from a file: #!/bin/ksh if ; then echo "Pattern exist in redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf" sleep 1000 sed '/"$value"/d' redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf > /opt/ADOC/users/agdadmin/test/shazin/olist cp olist... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting file entry

Hello everyone, I want to compare the first line of a file(ABC) with that of a folder,XYZ(folder contents) and want that line to be deleted from the file(ABC) if that entry doesn't exist in the folder(XYZ) I want to put this in a loop. please can anyone help thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: swasid
6 Replies

7. Red Hat

Adding or deleting an entry in /etc/inittab without using vi editrors or any editor.

Hi masters Is there any way to edit or delete an entry in inittab file without using vi or any editors? We can use commands instead or any shell script .. If any one can help deeply appreciated Thanks a lot sai (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saidiya
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting Duplicates leaving the first entry

Hi, I need to delete duplicate records in a file that is around 30MB. Below is what I need. Below are the entries of input file and the output file that I need. Each section of input file is separated by an empty line. Some of these sections have duplicate uid values. I want to retain only one... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samingla
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a pattern in UNIX without deleting the entire line

Hi I have a file: r58778.3|SOURCES={KEY=f665931a...,fw,221-705}|ERRORS={16_1:T,30_1:T,56_1:C,57_1:T,59_1:A,101_1:A,115:-,158_1:C,186_1:A,204:-,271_1:T,305:-,350_1:C,368_1:G,442_1:C,472_1:G,477_1:A}|SOURCE_1="Contig_1092402550638"(f665931a359e36cea0976db191ff60ff09cc816e) I want to retain... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alyaa
15 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting duplicate glosses in a dictionary entry

I am working on an Urdu to Hindi dictionary and I have created the following file structure: Headword=Gloss1,Gloss2,Gloss3 i.e. glosses delimited by a comma. It so happens that in some cases (around 6000+ in a file of over 200,000+ the glosses are duplicated. Since this may be a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
3 Replies
ALTER USER 
MAPPING(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation ALTER USER MAPPING(7) NAME
ALTER_USER_MAPPING - change the definition of a user mapping SYNOPSIS
ALTER USER MAPPING FOR { user_name | USER | CURRENT_USER | PUBLIC } SERVER server_name OPTIONS ( [ ADD | SET | DROP ] option ['value'] [, ... ] ) DESCRIPTION
ALTER USER MAPPING changes the definition of a user mapping. The owner of a foreign server can alter user mappings for that server for any user. Also, a user can alter a user mapping for his own user name if USAGE privilege on the server has been granted to the user. PARAMETERS
user_name User name of the mapping. CURRENT_USER and USER match the name of the current user. PUBLIC is used to match all present and future user names in the system. server_name Server name of the user mapping. OPTIONS ( [ ADD | SET | DROP ] option ['value'] [, ... ] ) Change options for the user mapping. The new options override any previously specified options. ADD, SET, and DROP specify the action to be performed. ADD is assumed if no operation is explicitly specified. Option names must be unique; options are also validated by the server's foreign-data wrapper. EXAMPLES
Change the password for user mapping bob, serverfoo: ALTER USER MAPPING FOR bob SERVER foo OPTIONS (user 'bob', password 'public'); COMPATIBILITY
ALTER USER MAPPING conforms to ISO/IEC 9075-9 (SQL/MED). There is a subtle syntax issue: The standard omits the FOR key word. Since both CREATE USER MAPPING and DROP USER MAPPING use FOR in analogous positions, and IBM DB2 (being the other major SQL/MED implementation) also requires it for ALTER USER MAPPING, PostgreSQL diverges from the standard here in the interest of consistency and interoperability. SEE ALSO
CREATE USER MAPPING (CREATE_USER_MAPPING(7)), DROP USER MAPPING (DROP_USER_MAPPING(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 ALTER USER MAPPING(7)