Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: compare two characters
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting compare two characters Post 302532321 by Corona688 on Monday 20th of June 2011 03:24:31 PM
Old 06-20-2011
BASH has == , which can cause some bad habits when many other shells don't.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

characters ô ö à é è

Hi! I have a file with some characters with accent. I don't find the solution to translate ô ö as o à as a é è as e ç as c With the command tr or sed? I can't write sed 's/ô/o/g' because the copy/paste ô don't work. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Castelior
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two arrays in sh or compare two fields

I want a soultion to compare two arrays in sh with an easy way.I want a solution to synchrose users between different AIX servers where no NIS is available. All users are meant to be same on all 10 servers. So the approach is to consider first server as master user repository and whatever the users... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rijeshpp
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

UrgentPlease: compare 1 value with file values eliminating special characters

Hi All, I have file i have values like ---- 112 113 109 112 109 I have another file cat supplierDetails.txt ------------------------- 112|MIMUS|krishnaveni@google.com 113|MIMIRE|krishnaveni@google.com 114|MIMCHN|krishnaveni@google.com 115|CEL|krishnaveni@google.com... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace characters with random characters

I've got a file (numbers.txt) filled with numbers and I want to replace each one of those numbers with a new random number between 0 and 9. This is my script so far: #!/bin/bash rand=$(($RANDOM % 9)) sed -i s//$rand/g numbers.txtThe problem that I have is that it replaces each number with just... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hellocatfood
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require compare command to compare 4 files

I have four files, I need to compare these files together. As such i know "sdiff and comm" commands but these commands compare 2 files together. If I use sdiff command then i have to compare each file with other which will increase the codes. Please suggest if you know some commands whcih can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace special characters with Escape characters?

i need to replace the any special characters with escape characters like below. test!=123-> test\!\=123 !@#$%^&*()-= to be replaced by \!\@\#\$\%\^\&\*\(\)\-\= (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed replacing specific characters and control characters by escaping

sed -e "s// /g" old.txt > new.txt While I do know some control characters need to be escaped, can normal characters also be escaped and still work the same way? Basically I do not know all control characters that have a special meaning, for example, ?, ., % have a meaning and have to be escaped... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ijustneeda
11 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare data - Match first column and compare second

Hi guys, looking for some help with a way to compare data in two files but with some conditions. example, File 1 consists of site1,10.1.1.1 site2,20.2.2.2 site3,30.3.3.3 File 2 contains site1,l0.1.1.1 site2,50.1.1.1 site3,30.3.3.3 site4,40.1.1.1 I want to be able to match the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove first 2 characters and last two characters of each line

here's what im trying to do. i have a file containing lines similar to this: data.txt: 1hsRmRsbHRiSFZNTTA1dlEyMWFkbU5wUW5CSlIyeDFTVU5SYjJOSFRuWmpia0ZuWXpKV2FHTnRU 1lKUnpWMldrZFZaMG95V25oYQpSelEyWTBka2QyRklhSHBrUjA1b1kwUkJkd3BOVXpWM1lVaG5k... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Outputting characters after a given string and reporting the characters in the row below --sed

I have this fastq file: @M04961:22:000000000-B5VGJ:1:1101:9280:7106 1:N:0:86 GGGGGGGGGGGGCATGAAAACATACAAACCGTCTTTCCAGAAATTGTTCCAAGTATCGGCAACAGCTTTATCAATACCATGAAAAATATCAACCACACCA +test-1 GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGCCGGGGGFF,EDFFGEDFG,@DGGCGGEGGG7DCGGGF68CGFFFGGGG@CGDGFFDFEFEFF:30CGAFFDFEFF8CAF;;8... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
10 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)