Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Not able to compile C program on z/OS (USS) Post 302532228 by madhu84 on Monday 20th of June 2011 09:40:29 AM
Old 06-20-2011
Not able to compile C program on z/OS (USS)

Hi,
I having an issue while compiling a C program in USS (z/OS) machine.

I was able to create objest files (.o) from source (.c) files but when I try to create a binary file from the object files I am getting the below error.

Code:
$ cc util.o sock.o app.o -lnsl -o ptf
FSUM3067 The archive library nsl (libnsl.a) cannot be found.

Thanks,
Madhu.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to compile a program

how do i go about compiling a simple hello world script in mandrake linux? this is something i have had no luck in finding on the main site, please help? thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CmpKillr
2 Replies

2. Programming

How to compile a c program by using gcc

Hi all, Yeasterday I try to compile c program by using cygwin. I just find an errors the fist one is concerinig about the end of the line. To summit my Assignment which is the day after tommorow I have to compile my c program by using just gcc. If any one know what do I have to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bell
5 Replies

3. Programming

how to compile a program statically

how can i do static compilation in cc and -lldap i have system defined and user defined header file. Can any one suggest any site where from i can get some information about static and dynamic compilation. Thankx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhakti
1 Replies

4. BSD

How to compile a c program in freeBSD

Hi , I have freeBSD installed. I need to compile a c program which has embedded informix sql statement in it. Can you please help me to to do the same. I need to know what I should I do to make BSD compatable to compile the c program ? Thanks in advance Jisha (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
3 Replies

5. Programming

compile a c program

I am trying to compile a c program on AIX 5.3L 64-bit unix. I have used this program in the past and it works. Does anybody know what this error means? /usr/local/bin> gcc get_epoch_secs.c get_epoch_secs gcc: get_epoch_secs: No such file or directory get_epoch_secs.c: In function... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: djehresmann
8 Replies

6. Solaris

How do I compile a 64-bit program on SPARC??

Hi, wcslen(), strlen() returns size_t. On 64-bit platform i want to use int like str length is 10. int len = wcslen(str); On 64-bit what should I need to do if i wants the length in int. Because getting error as "Conversion of 64 bit type value to "int" causes truncation". if i... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_27
17 Replies

7. Programming

Compile c program on Sun Solaris OS

Can anyone tell me how to compile a c programs on SunSolaris OS 5.1 Version as gcc and cc are not working Thanks!!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivu
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

compile a c program in a encrypted way

Hi Guys, I wonder I had have a look to the cc compile options but I could be missing one but basically I'm compliling a c program where I will storing a command to connect to a database and also userid and password. The issue is that after the module is generated using a command like strings I... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
14 Replies

9. Programming

Can someone compile and run a program on AIX 6.1 please?

Hi, I have a program which collects performance data from AIX. It works fine on older releases (< 5.3) but I fail to get data from /proc. I would really appreciate it if someone could compile (using ANSI compat C compiler), run the program (for 30-40 minutes) on AIX 6.1 and send me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: StuBob
2 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

Cannot compile/install gnu program

Hello, I'm trying to install ansifilter which is a program that translates ansi text to HTML. The idea is to install it on AIX 7.1 but is failing. All de appropriate gcc libraries and requirements for this software were installed successfully, but when I do the gmake I get the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bazajav
4 Replies
DLB(6)								   Games Manual 							    DLB(6)

NAME
dlb - NetHack data librarian SYNOPSIS
dlb { xct } [ vfIC ] arguments... [ files... ] DESCRIPTION
Dlb is a file archiving tool in the spirit (and tradition) of tar for NetHack version 3.1 and higher. It is used to maintain the archive files from which NetHack reads special level files and other read-only information. Note that like tar the command and option specifiers are specified as a continuous string and are followed by any arguments required in the same order as the option specifiers. This facility is optional and may be excluded during NetHack configuration. COMMANDS
The x command causes dlb to extract the contents of the archive into the current directory. The c command causes dlb to create a new archive from files in the current directory. The t command lists the files in the archive. OPTIONS AND ARGUMENTS
v verbose output f archive specify the archive. Default if f not specified is LIBFILE (usually the nhdat file in the playground). I lfile specify the file containing the list of files to put in to or extract from the archive if no files are listed on the command line. Default for archive creation if no files are listed is LIBLISTFILE. C dir change directory. Changes directory before trying to read any files (including the archive and the lfile). EXAMPLES
Create the default archive from the default file list: dlb c List the contents of the archive 'foo': dlb tf foo AUTHOR
Kenneth Lorber SEE ALSO
nethack(6), tar(1) BUGS
Not a good tar emulation; - does not mean stdin or stdout. Should include an optional compression facility. Not all read-only files for NetHack can be read out of an archive; examining the source is the only way to know which files can be. 4th Berkeley Distribution 28 Oct 1993 DLB(6)