Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: array variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting array variables Post 302530520 by getmmg on Tuesday 14th of June 2011 08:21:47 AM
Old 06-14-2011
This should store the output of ls into the array.
Code:

@arr = `ls`;

Use the code below if you want to harcode.

Code:

@arr = qw(prod_bkp_140611_13_30_05.txt prod_bkp_140611_14_30_05.txt prod_bkp_140611_15_30_05.txt prod_bkp_140611_16_30_05.txt);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array variables

hi, how to store array values in unix? and how to access array values? can somebody help? kavitha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kavitha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting variables into a array.

Hi , Im trying to monitor 2 instancesof a process on our solaris server and trying to do a notification if the returned process size is greater than 500M. Since there are two variables returned I want to make use of arrays to check each and every variable that is stored. the issue that im facing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivsiv
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

storing variables in array.Please help

Hi All, I need some help with arrays. I need to take input from the user for hostname, username and password until he enters .(dot) or any other character and store the values in the variable array. I would further connect to the hostname using username and passwd and copy files from server to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nua7
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use variables/array in grep command

Hi, I have a reqmt as i have some values in array and I want to search each value in a file by grep command. Here goes my scripting: #!/bin/ksh set -A ArrayA CENTER LEFT RIGHT echo "ArrayA contains: ${ArrayAİ*¨}" grep -e "${ArrayAİ*¨}" filename.txt The above grep is working for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

trying to store variables in an array

im looping through an array setting three variables each time (one of the variables gives me the position in the array and is incremented each loop) im trying to then set the variables to that position in the array without much luck. any ideas? anArray=`$VAR1+$VAR2+"("$pos")"` (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing variables in awk array

Hi, I am trying to sort and display the below(like) input using awk command: Input: ------ 0;A 4;A 5;A 33;A 45;A 0;B 4;B 5;B 33;B 45;B Output (desired): (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvamsikr
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in access in array variables

hi all, its me again!!! i've requirement like this: i want to create a file & an array with its name having the filename as its substring. here is the test script!! #!/bin/bash touch $1 declare -a $1_rec; echo -n "$1_rec: " read $1_rec; echo $]; now see output: this is when i enter... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tprayush
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

'*' vs. '@' in Korn Shell Array Variables

In order to use the shellcurses functions described at: Shell Curses function library I am learning about ksh, which has arrays. My trusty Kochan & Wood book says that for any Korn Shell array AR : ${AR } expands to all the defined array elements, and ${#AR } expands to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clovis_Sangrail
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use array variables in shell

Hi, everyone. I wrote a code like this for f in HB021* do program done for f in HB034* do program done for f in HB056* do program done . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xshang
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

For loop; how to construct a array with variables

Hi everybody!! Here is the thing; I have a trouble in this simple situation, I'm trying to write an array with all the arguments of a command. I mean, if I have: ./mycommand.sh aa bb cc dd I need to take an array like this: myarray=(aa bb cc dd) So I use a simple for loop like this: for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresgom
4 Replies
libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::ModPerl::PerlRun(User Contributed Perl Documentlibapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::ModPerl::PerlRun(3pm)

NAME
ModPerl::PerlRun - Run unaltered CGI scripts under mod_perl Synopsis # httpd.conf PerlModule ModPerl::PerlRun Alias /perl-run/ /home/httpd/perl/ <Location /perl-run> SetHandler perl-script PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::PerlRun PerlOptions +ParseHeaders Options +ExecCGI </Location> Description META: document that for now we don't chdir() into the script's dir, because it affects the whole process under threads. "ModPerl::PerlRunPrefork" should be used by those who run only under prefork MPM. Special Blocks "BEGIN" Blocks When running under the "ModPerl::PerlRun" handler "BEGIN" blocks behave as follows: o "BEGIN" blocks defined in scripts running under the "ModPerl::PerlRun" handler are executed on each and every request. o "BEGIN" blocks defined in modules loaded from scripts running under "ModPerl::PerlRun" (and which weren't already loaded prior to the request) are executed on each and every request only if those modules declare no package. If a package is declared "BEGIN" blocks will be run only the first time each module is loaded, since those modules don't get reloaded on subsequent requests. See also "BEGIN" blocks in mod_perl handlers. "CHECK" and "INIT" Blocks Same as normal mod_perl handlers. "END" Blocks Same as "ModPerl::Registry". Authors Doug MacEachern Stas Bekman See Also "ModPerl::RegistryCooker" and "ModPerl::Registry". perl v5.14.2 2011-02-08 libapache2-mod-perl2-2.0.7::docs::api::ModPerl::PerlRun(3pm)