Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Can't start NTOP service/daemon Post 302530515 by getrue on Tuesday 14th of June 2011 08:15:45 AM
Old 06-14-2011
Can't start NTOP service/daemon

I have installed version of ntop 4.0.3 by guide.
But I can't start ntop daemon/service. I didn't find a service file for starting.
During the installation there was no problem only want to RRDTool so I installed that. Now there is no necessary package required.

I didn't find in /etc/init.d/ ntop daemon.
HTML Code:
# service ntop status
ntop: unrecognized service
What can I do in this situation?

Best regards,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Making a Script to Start as a Service

Hi, I have a shell script t1.sh. on my solaris box. So, what are the steps required to make this script run as a Service, when the system re-starts. (for ex:- at run level 3). I know that I should use the rc.d folders. But I don't know the exact steps. Kindly explain, Thanks in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: S.Vishwanath
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Start a service as user

Hi I need a service to be start as user after a reboot. My script in /etc/init.d contain the following: start() { su - $USER cd ${INSTALL_PATH}/bin ./MyApp -X exit return 0 } This function stops after su - $USER, I get user shell, and only if I manualy... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: potro
5 Replies

3. Programming

MySQL service start error

Hi, I have installed MySql version 5.0.67 in RedHat LINUX version 5. The installation completed successfully. When I am trying to start the service an error occured the error shown below ".......Manager of pid-file quit without updating file" Can anyone help me to fix the problem.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saravanakumar
4 Replies

4. Ubuntu

How can I automatically start a daemon at boot time.

Hi masters, I am still learning trades in kernel. I am trying to learn the basic of daemon programming. Can any one tell me how can I start a daemon automatically during boot up. I will be greatfull if anyone post some example code to the above task. Also what are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamjayanth
3 Replies

5. AIX

Q: how to start a service when system start

As topic, assume we have a service called "blahservice" and we can start it by: startsrc -s blahservice what is the best practice to run such command when system start? - directly use mkitab to add it into /etc/inittab or - drop startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/rcX.d I know they... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acerlinux
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

difference between restarting a daemon and a service

Hi, Can you please clear me the difference between restarting the daemon and the service. To be more clear, /etc/init.d/mysqld restart and /etc/init.d/mysqld restart What is the difference on this both two?..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
4 Replies

7. AIX

How to start rstatd Daemon

guy's How to start rstatd Daemon on AIX 6.1 as I enable it from etc/inetd.conf then I refreshed it by this command refresh -s inetd but stil is not Active ! can some one advice in this ! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
7 Replies

8. Ubuntu

start service when get login prompt

Hi Team, I am using DRBL environment on Ubuntu. When my machine starts some times it's not starting lxdm & nslcd service. Because of that i didn't get graphic mode & also not able to authenticate user as nslcd is also stops. I have to login as root and restart these two services, then i am able... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to start xvfb service via rc script

Hi , I am having this start script to start xvfb under rc3.d but it fails during system startup saying unable to open display. also manually if i try to execute the script , it does not work. But if i execute what ever is there in the script line by line on my SHELL , it starts well. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to integrate all the systemctl commands into a shell script to verify any daemon/agent service?

Hi, Can we integrate all the systemctl command into a shell script to verify any service with all the options of systemctl if service integrate with the operating system service management tools to deliver their functionality. sudo systemctl start <service_name> sudo systemctl stop... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mannu2525
1 Replies
SYSLOG(8)                                                         System Logging                                                         SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)