Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk/sed line parsing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk/sed line parsing Post 302530451 by iskatel on Tuesday 14th of June 2011 04:28:23 AM
Old 06-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsgnb
You should code the error handling and output generation directly inside myscript.ksh insead of creating another script that parse its output afterward.
Agreed. I will incorporate my error checking within myscript.sh. Meanwhile any suggestions on writing the awk code to filter out the keywords? In the output example above I want to be able to read between the CHANGED FILES: line and the next blank line. Then again between the NEW FILES: line and the next blank line, etc.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk sed parsing

hi , i would like to parse some file with the fallowing data : data data data "unwanted data" data data "unwanted data" data data data data #unwanted data. what i want it to have any coments between "" and after # to be erased using awk or/and sed. has anyone an idea? thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Darsh
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml with awk/sed

Hi people!, I need extract from the file (test-file.txt) the values between <context> and </context> tag's , the total are 7 lines,but i can only get 5 or 2 lines!!:confused: Please look my code: #awk '/context/{flag=1} /\/context/{flag=0} !/context/{ if (flag==1) p rint $0; }'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricgamch
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing a file (sed/awk?)

Hello people, newbie question. I'm trying to parse these type of file 1 "CAR " " C1 " " " 6 0 C1 2 "CAR " " O1A" " " 8 0 O1A 3 "CAR " " O1B" " " 8 -1 O1B 4 "CAR " " C2 " " " 6 0 C2 5 "CAR " " C3 " " " 6 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aristegui
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed for parsing file

Hi All, I have a log file like this E Mon Oct 06 00:17:08 2008 xxx2 cm:10614 fm_pi2_svc_iptv_purchase.c:149 1:pin_deferred_act:10601:11:169:1223245028:16 pi2_op_svc_iptv_purchase error <location=PIN_ERRLOC_FM:5 class=PIN_ERRCLASS_SYSTEM_DETERMINATE:1... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: subin_bala
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

String parsing with awk/sed/?

If I have a string that has some name followed by an ID#(ex.B123456) followed by some more #'s and/or letters, would it be possible to just grab the ID portion of this string? If so how? I am pretty new with these text tools so any help is appreciated. Example: "Name_One-B123456A-12348A" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: airon23bball
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Line Parsing using sed and awk

Hi Guys, I need help with processing data in a file, line by line. My file test.txt has X_Building_X5946/X0 BUT/U_msp/RdBuMon_d2_B_00 BUT/U_msp/FfRmDaMix_d2_Pi3 Test_Long xp=849.416 yp=245.82 xn=849.488 yn=245.82 w=0.476 l=0.072 fault_layer="Al_T01_Mod" $ $X=849416 $Y=245582... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen@
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Another parsing line awk or sed problem

Hi, After looking on different forums, I'm still in trouble to parse a parameters line received in KSH. $* is equal to "/AAA:111 /BBB:222 /CCC:333 /DDD:444" I would like to parse it and be able to access anyone from his name in my KSH after. like echo myArray => display 111 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RickTrader
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing with awk or sed

I want to delete corrupt records from a file through awk or sed. Can anyone help me with this Thanks Striker Change subject to a descriptive one, ty. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rahul_us
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Parsing through a file with awk/sed

I don't necessary have a problem, as I have a solution. It is just that there may be a better solution. GOAL: Part one: Parse data from a file using the "\" as a delimiter and extracting only the last delimiter. Part two: Parse same file and extract everything but the last delimited item. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: OrangeYaGlad
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interesting awk/Perl/sed parsing challenge

I have a log with entries like: out/target/product/imx53_smd/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libwebcore_intermediates/Source/WebCore/bindings/V8HTMLVideoElement.cpp : target thumb C++: libwebcore <=... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
8 Replies
HWLOC-PS(1)							       hwloc							       HWLOC-PS(1)

NAME
hwloc-ps - List currently-running processes or threads that are bound SYNOPSIS
hwloc-ps [options] OPTIONS
-a list all processes, even those that are not bound to any specific part of the machine. -p --physical report OS/physical indexes instead of logical indexes -l --logical report logical indexes instead of physical/OS indexes (default) -c --cpuset show process bindings as cpusets instead of objects. -t --threads show threads inside processes. If -a is given as well, list all threads within each process. Otherwise, show all threads inside each process where at least one thread is bound. --whole-system Do not consider administration limitations. --pid-cmd <cmd> Append the output of the given command to each PID line. For each displayed process ID, execute the command <cmd> <pid> and append the first line of its output to the regular hwloc-ps line. DESCRIPTION
By default, hwloc-ps lists only those currently-running processes that are bound. If -t is given, processes that are not bound but contain at least one bound thread are also displayed, as well as all their threads. hwloc-ps displays process identifier, command-line and binding. The binding may be reported as objects or cpusets. By default, process bindings are restricted to the currently available topology. If some processes are bound to processors that are not available to the current process, they are ignored unless --whole-system is given. The output is a plain list. If you wish to annotate the hierarchical topology with processes so as to see how they are actual distributed on the machine, you might want to use lstopo --ps instead (which also only shows processes that are bound). The -a switch can be used to show all processes, if desired. EXAMPLES
If a process is bound, it appears in the default output: $ utils/hwloc-ps 4759 Core:0 myprogram If a process is not bound but 3 of his 4 threads are bound, it only appears in the thread-aware output: $ utils/hwloc-ps $ utils/hwloc-ps -t 4759 Machine:0 myprogram 4759 Machine:0 4761 PU:0 4762 PU:2 4765 PU:1 To display the binding of already running MPI processes (launched by Open MPI) and append their MPI rank (in MPI_COMM_WORLD) to each line: $ utils/hwloc-ps --pid-cmd myscript 29093 L1dCache:0 myprogram OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK=0 29094 L1dCache:2 myprogram OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK=1 29095 L1dCache:1 myprogram OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK=2 29096 L1dCache:3 myprogram OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK=3 where myscript is a bash script doing: #!/bin/sh cat /proc/$1/environ 2>/dev/null | xargs --null --max-args=1 echo | grep OMPI_COMM_WORLD_RANK SEE ALSO
hwloc(7), lstopo(1), hwloc-calc(1), hwloc-distrib(1) 1.7 Apr 07, 2013 HWLOC-PS(1)