Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris ls -l displays output with an error Post 302529729 by chidori on Friday 10th of June 2011 08:47:25 AM
Old 06-10-2011
Okay Np.
Thanks Yazu..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual Displays

I have a TV and a monitor hooked up to my box. Right now the system is displaying all the information on the TV instead of the monitor, obviously I want to switch this, as the TV is very impracticle for everything other than watching movies. I thought I remembered a command I used to use that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Synbios
2 Replies

2. HP-UX

Dual Displays HP-UX 10.20

Hello All! Where I work we have C3600's that have a video cards that have both DVI and Regular RBG type monitor ports on them. My question is: is it possible to spread my desktop across two monitors that are plugged into the one card much like you can do with NVIDIA software like NVIEW for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giftedone
0 Replies

3. AIX

who -r displays no output

Hello. I have an AIX machine at 6100-00. We had some strange activity since filling up /tmp. One symptom is that who -r displays no output. It doesn't hang just no output is displayed. We are going to boot the machine, but prior to that I'd like to dig a bit to see what may be causing the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: maficdan
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Creating a file that contains output from a command, and then displays itself

hey, I'm trying to create the command that will create a file named user.txt that contains the output of the command cut -d: -f1,5 /etc/passwd, and displays itself afterwards. I don't know how to bridge cat > user.txt with cut -d: -f1,5 /etc/passwd, or how display it afterwards. Any help would... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidkridley
2 Replies

5. Hardware

POST displays error sparc netra 240

Hi guys, when I power on my sun netra 240 server, it displays these error messages: 1. Notice: cpu 0 has 2048/2048 MB of memory disabled. 2. Error : The following devices are disabled dimm1. Please can anyone be kind enough to explain this for me? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Output Displays Multiple Text

Hello there, I'm using a read-while loop to preserve the word Failed within a text file. For example, if the word Failed exist twice in a single text file, my STDOUT should re-direct to a new text file and display Failed twice. My output is attached to this thread. I would like output to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SysAdminRialto
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)