Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacing | with a comma
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Replacing | with a comma Post 302529715 by Franklin52 on Friday 10th of June 2011 07:31:43 AM
Old 06-10-2011
Have you tried the tr command?

Edit: radoulov was faster.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replacing comma's with newlines using sed

Hi All, silly question that I'm sure is easy to answer for a more experienced coder... I have a file called test.txt containing the following text... need, to, break, this, line, into, individual, lines using sed, I'd like to make the file look like this... need to break this line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_coder
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing Comma by Tab

Hi All, i have a file test.txt as shown below, 1,test,test111 2,rest,rest222 i want to replace the commas by tab delimiter.., it should be like, 1 test test111 2 rest rest222 i tried the following code, sed 's/,/\\t/g' test.txt >> ouptut.txt (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Serious Sam
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing dot for comma

I wanted to change 34.66 to 34,66. I tried the command: sed 's/./,/' $NUM Where $NUM is a variable with 34.66 value. The output is ,4.66 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bdalmeida
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing underscore with white space after comma.

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help.. I've used this forum a couple of times and I am back again now i've moved onto something more complex (for me!) I have some data which looks like: "AL1_1,AL1_1," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AE,AL1_1AE," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AG,AL1_1AG," "AL1_1.AL1_1A.AL1_1AJ,AL1_1AJ,"... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gman
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Suppressing space replacing by comma

hi i want to replace spaces by comma my file is ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204802 ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204803 ADD 16428 170 160 3 WNPG 204 941 No 204804 ADD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - replacing 6th comma with a space

Hi, How can I replace the 6th comma on each line (of a csv) with a space? Any online tutorials with plenty of examples using sed would be very useful. Alex (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replacing the comma in .csv file in unix

Hi All, Could some one help me on one of my requirement below: I have a sequential file with 4fields in it and it is a comma (,) seperated file. Delimeter is 'comma'. But in of the file column for ex: 3rd column it is 'Description' (column name) I am getting the values with commas.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay_s
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing Comma delimiter coming inside the data.

Hello, I am having flat file (Comma Delimiter) and the data in the file is as given below. EMPNO, ENAME, DESIGNATION, SALARY 10979, Arun Kumar, Cosultant, 35000 13555, Bidhu Shekar, Senior Consultant, 45000 15000, Kiran, Kumar, Senior, Consultant, 40000 If... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvasu2
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Sed (replacing parenthesis and comma)

I have the following text as an input text: input.txt Results('Toilet', 'Sink', ) and i want to remove the last comma so the output is output.txt Results('Toilet', 'Sink' ) I tried using the following sed command, but I get a parsing error: sed s/, \)/\)/g input.txt >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jl487
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add previous text when replacing comma with new line

Hi, I've got this output: # cat test2.txt TM1ITP1-TMNLSTP1 SLC00=0,SLC01=0,SLC02=0,SLC03=0 if I just use cat test2.txt | tr "," "\n" I'll end up very near to what I'm trying to achieve: TM1ITP1-TMNLSTP1 SLC00=0 SLC01=0 SLC02=0 SLC03=0 But how can i eventually add the term... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nms
1 Replies
lta(4)							     Kernel Interfaces Manual							    lta(4)

Name
       lta - lta pseudoterminal interface

Syntax
       options LAT
       pseudo-device lat
       pseudo-device lta[n]

Description
       The  pseudoterminal  interface  provides  support  for local area transport (LAT) service.  LAT service allows users to access remote nodes
       through the Ethernet.

To configure the LAT service for your machine, you must:

o   Edit the system configuration file.

o   Edit the file.

o   Create LAT special files.

o   Edit the file.

Instructions for performing these tasks are further documented in the Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers.

Edit the Configuration File
       Edit the configuration file  to	include  the  option  and  the	and  pseudo-devices.   The  configuration  file  to  edit  is  located	in
       /sys/conf/vax/HOSTNAME  or  /sys/conf/mips/HOSTNAME  (depending	on  your processor), where HOSTNAME is the name of your host processor, in
       uppercase.

The optional value for the pseudo-device entry defines the number of LAT lines to configure, a number between 1 and 256.   If  you  do  not
       specify	a  value,  the	default is 16 lines.  For example, if you want to configure 32 LAT devices into your system, the entry for the LAT
       lines is:
       pseudo-device lta32

To use the system as a load host for remote note maintenance functions such as loading and controlling  terminal  servers,  you	must  also
       include an options entry for and a pseudo-device entry for in the configuration file.

Edit the /etc/rc.local File
       Edit  the  file	to restart LAT service automatically when the system reboots.  Add the following entry after the commands for local daemon
       startup:
       if [ -f /etc/lcp ]; then
	    /etc/lcp -s > /dev/console & echo -n ' lat' >/dev/console
       fi

Create LAT Special Files
       Create the LAT special files by running the program from the directory and specifying the option.  You create one LAT special file for each
       LAT device.  For example, the following commands create 32 device special files for LAT devices:
       # cd /dev
       # MAKEDEV lta0
       # MAKEDEV lta1

The option range is 1 to 7.  The maximum number of LAT special files is 256.

Edit the /etc/ttys File
       Edit  the  file	to  include entries for all the LAT special files you created using the command.  For more information on how to add these
       entries, see

Files
       Contains terminal devices defined to the machine.

Contains terminal devices defined to the machine (modem lines only).

See Also
       ttys(5), MAKEDEV(8)
       Guide to Ethernet Communications Servers

lta(4)