Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP the file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP the file Post 302529678 by rishav on Friday 10th of June 2011 03:42:36 AM
Old 06-10-2011
you can use this:

Quote:
FTP commands to be used would then be put in some file, and the command to be executed would be similar to
ftp machine < filename
where the content of filename could look like
bin
cd /pub
get README
quit
In filename u can write all file's name.

Last edited by rishav; 06-10-2011 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: update

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to put file from one ftp to another ftp location

hi, I have one file located in ftp.I want to place that file in different ftp location. Up to now i am doing it manually using get command and copying that file in to my local system and then putting that file in different ftp using put command. now i want to automate that using shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasee
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using FTP to check whether file is completely FTP... plz find the description below

Hi, We have some clients who will place huge files in to one of the remote server. And the shell script written in our local server to retrieve client files (using FTP) placed on one of the remote server of ours by clients. My question Is there any FTP command/script to check from my local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmsrao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting File from FTP and Transferring File to FTP

Hi, I am getting error when i am deleting file from FTP and also transferring file from local to FTP server. I am getting 221 error. I am getting this error some time only. Some time the existing file from FTP is deleted and file from local directory is transferred to FTP server. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praka
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ftp multiple files by taking the file name from a input file.

Hi, I'm working on a script which has to copy multiple files from one server to another server. The list of files that are to be copied is present in a file say input.txt. vi input.txt abc.c welcome.c new.c welcome1.c for ftp'ing a single file say 'new.c' the following code... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: i.srini89
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Needed script to FTP a File and generate a quality checksum file

hi all i want a script to FTP a file and should generate a quality checksum file means when I FTP a file from one server to another server it should generate a QC file which should contain timestamp,no.of records in that file Thanks in advance saikumar (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List the file names available on FTP server before selecting the required file

Below is my script code.which shows the environment name and then fetch the file from the ftp server but I am facing one issue.The script should be run in both way.We can pass the arguments with script and select the environment name then file name.Here the issue is I am not able to list the files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp bash script appends to file using cron instead of coping new file

I have a bash script that is running a mysql query and creating a csv file with a time stamp. It then uploads that to a ftp server. Everything works great when I manually run it. But then I have a cron job set to run every monday, wednesday and friday at 5am est. When the cron job runs, it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: akallenberger
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

After Ftp'ing file to destination how to check the file if it is in correct ASCII and not corrupted

Hi Folks, While transferring file from FTP software like Filezilla the files gets corrupted. Is there any way I can check if the recently transferred file is in ASCII and not corrupted. I have tried using file -i filename command which does tell if the file character set is ASCII or binary... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
6 Replies
ExtUtils::Constant(3pm) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   ExtUtils::Constant(3pm)

NAME
ExtUtils::Constant - generate XS code to import C header constants SYNOPSIS
use ExtUtils::Constant qw (WriteConstants); WriteConstants( NAME => 'Foo', NAMES => [qw(FOO BAR BAZ)], ); # Generates wrapper code to make the values of the constants FOO BAR BAZ # available to perl DESCRIPTION
ExtUtils::Constant facilitates generating C and XS wrapper code to allow perl modules to AUTOLOAD constants defined in C library header files. It is principally used by the "h2xs" utility, on which this code is based. It doesn't contain the routines to scan header files to extract these constants. USAGE
Generally one only needs to call the "WriteConstants" function, and then #include "const-c.inc" in the C section of "Foo.xs" INCLUDE const-xs.inc in the XS section of "Foo.xs". For greater flexibility use "constant_types()", "C_constant" and "XS_constant", with which "WriteConstants" is implemented. Currently this module understands the following types. h2xs may only know a subset. The sizes of the numeric types are chosen by the "Con- figure" script at compile time. IV signed integer, at least 32 bits. UV unsigned integer, the same size as IV NV floating point type, probably "double", possibly "long double" PV NUL terminated string, length will be determined with "strlen" PVN A fixed length thing, given as a [pointer, length] pair. If you know the length of a string at compile time you may use this instead of PV SV A mortal SV. YES Truth. ("PL_sv_yes") The value is not needed (and ignored). NO Defined Falsehood. ("PL_sv_no") The value is not needed (and ignored). UNDEF "undef". The value of the macro is not needed. FUNCTIONS
C_stringify NAME A function which returns a 7 bit ASCII correctly escaped version of the string passed suitable for C's "" or ''. It will die if passed Unicode characters. perl_stringify NAME A function which returns a 7 bit ASCII correctly escaped version of the string passed suitable for a perl "" string. constant_types A function returning a single scalar with "#define" definitions for the constants used internally between the generated C and XS func- tions. memEQ_clause NAME, CHECKED_AT, INDENT A function to return a suitable C "if" statement to check whether NAME is equal to the C variable "name". If CHECKED_AT is defined, then it is used to avoid "memEQ" for short names, or to generate a comment to highlight the position of the character in the "switch" statement. If CHECKED_AT is a reference to a scalar, then instead it gives the characters pre-checked at the beginning, (and the number of chars by which the C variable name has been advanced. These need to be chopped from the front of NAME). assign INDENT, TYPE, PRE, POST, VALUE... A function to return a suitable assignment clause. If TYPE is aggregate (eg PVN expects both pointer and length) then there should be multiple VALUEs for the components. PRE and POST if defined give snippets of C code to proceed and follow the assignment. PRE will be at the start of a block, so variables may be defined in it. return_clause return_clause ITEM, INDENT A function to return a suitable "#ifdef" clause. ITEM is a hashref (as passed to "C_constant" and "match_clause". INDENT is the number of spaces to indent, defaulting to 6. XXX document me switch_clause INDENT, NAMELEN, ITEMHASH, ITEM... An internal function to generate a suitable "switch" clause, called by "C_constant" ITEMs are in the hash ref format as given in the description of "C_constant", and must all have the names of the same length, given by NAMELEN (This is not checked). ITEMHASH is a reference to a hash, keyed by name, values being the hashrefs in the ITEM list. (No parameters are modified, and there can be keys in the ITEMHASH that are not in the list of ITEMs without causing problems). params WHAT An internal function. WHAT should be a hashref of types the constant function will return. params returns a hashref keyed IV NV PV SV to show which combination of pointers will be needed in the C argument list. dump_names dump_names DEFAULT_TYPE, TYPES, INDENT, OPTIONS, ITEM... An internal function to generate the embedded perl code that will regenerate the constant subroutines. DEFAULT_TYPE, TYPES and ITEMs are the same as for C_constant. INDENT is treated as number of spaces to indent by. OPTIONS is a hashref of options. Currently only "declare_types" is recognised. If the value is true a $types is always declared in the perl code generated, if defined and false never declared, and if undefined $types is only declared if the values in TYPES as passed in cannot be inferred from DEFAULT_TYPES and the ITEMs. dogfood dogfood PACKAGE, SUBNAME, DEFAULT_TYPE, TYPES, INDENT, BREAKOUT, ITEM... An internal function to generate the embedded perl code that will regenerate the constant subroutines. Parameters are the same as for C_constant. C_constant C_constant PACKAGE, SUBNAME, DEFAULT_TYPE, TYPES, INDENT, BREAKOUT, ITEM... A function that returns a list of C subroutine definitions that return the value and type of constants when passed the name by the XS wrapper. ITEM... gives a list of constant names. Each can either be a string, which is taken as a C macro name, or a reference to a hash with the following keys name The name of the constant, as seen by the perl code. type The type of the constant (IV, NV etc) value A C expression for the value of the constant, or a list of C expressions if the type is aggregate. This defaults to the name if not given. macro The C pre-processor macro to use in the "#ifdef". This defaults to the name, and is mainly used if value is an "enum". If a reference an array is passed then the first element is used in place of the "#ifdef" line, and the second element in place of the "#endif". This allows pre-processor constructions such as #if defined (foo) #if !defined (bar) ... #endif #endif to be used to determine if a constant is to be defined. A "macro" 1 signals that the constant is always defined, so the "#if"/"#endif" test is omitted. default Default value to use (instead of "croak"ing with "your vendor has not defined...") to return if the macro isn't defined. Spec- ify a reference to an array with type followed by value(s). pre C code to use before the assignment of the value of the constant. This allows you to use temporary variables to extract a value from part of a "struct" and return this as value. This C code is places at the start of a block, so you can declare variables in it. post C code to place between the assignment of value (to a temporary) and the return from the function. This allows you to clear up anything in pre. Rarely needed. def_pre =item def_post Equivalents of pre and post for the default value. utf8 Generated internally. Is zero or undefined if name is 7 bit ASCII, "no" if the name is 8 bit (and so should only match if SvUTF8() is false), "yes" if the name is utf8 encoded. The internals automatically clone any name with characters 128-255 but none 256+ (ie one that could be either in bytes or utf8) into a second entry which is utf8 encoded. PACKAGE is the name of the package, and is only used in comments inside the generated C code. The next 5 arguments can safely be given as "undef", and are mainly used for recursion. SUBNAME defaults to "constant" if undefined. DEFAULT_TYPE is the type returned by "ITEM"s that don't specify their type. In turn it defaults to IV. TYPES should be given either as a comma separated list of types that the C subroutine "constant" will generate or as a reference to a hash. DEFAULT_TYPE will be added to the list if not present, as will any types given in the list of ITEMs. The resultant list should be the same list of types that "XS_constant" is given. [Otherwise "XS_constant" and "C_constant" may differ in the number of parameters to the constant function. INDENT is currently unused and ignored. In future it may be used to pass in information used to change the C indentation style used.] The best way to maintain consistency is to pass in a hash reference and let this function update it. BREAKOUT governs when child functions of SUBNAME are generated. If there are BREAKOUT or more ITEMs with the same length of name, then the code to switch between them is placed into a function named SUBNAME_LEN, for example "constant_5" for names 5 characters long. The default BREAKOUT is 3. A single "ITEM" is always inlined. XS_constant PACKAGE, TYPES, SUBNAME, C_SUBNAME A function to generate the XS code to implement the perl subroutine PACKAGE::constant used by PACKAGE::AUTOLOAD to load constants. This XS code is a wrapper around a C subroutine usually generated by "C_constant", and usually named "constant". TYPES should be given either as a comma separated list of types that the C subroutine "constant" will generate or as a reference to a hash. It should be the same list of types as "C_constant" was given. [Otherwise "XS_constant" and "C_constant" may have different ideas about the number of parameters passed to the C function "constant"] You can call the perl visible subroutine something other than "constant" if you give the parameter SUBNAME. The C subroutine it calls defaults to the name of the perl visible subroutine, unless you give the parameter C_SUBNAME. autoload PACKAGE, VERSION, AUTOLOADER A function to generate the AUTOLOAD subroutine for the module PACKAGE VERSION is the perl version the code should be backwards compati- ble with. It defaults to the version of perl running the subroutine. If AUTOLOADER is true, the AUTOLOAD subroutine falls back on AutoLoader::AUTOLOAD for all names that the constant() routine doesn't recognise. WriteMakefileSnippet WriteMakefileSnippet ATTRIBUTE => VALUE [, ...] A function to generate perl code for Makefile.PL that will regenerate the constant subroutines. Parameters are named as passed to "WriteConstants", with the addition of "INDENT" to specify the number of leading spaces (default 2). Currently only "INDENT", "NAME", "DEFAULT_TYPE", "NAMES", "C_FILE" and "XS_FILE" are recognised. WriteConstants ATTRIBUTE => VALUE [, ...] Writes a file of C code and a file of XS code which you should "#include" and "INCLUDE" in the C and XS sections respectively of your module's XS code. You probably want to do this in your "Makefile.PL", so that you can easily edit the list of constants without touch- ing the rest of your module. The attributes supported are NAME Name of the module. This must be specified DEFAULT_TYPE The default type for the constants. If not specified "IV" is assumed. BREAKOUT_AT The names of the constants are grouped by length. Generate child subroutines for each group with this number or more names in. NAMES An array of constants' names, either scalars containing names, or hashrefs as detailed in "C_constant". C_FILE The name of the file to write containing the C code. The default is "const-c.inc". The "-" in the name ensures that the file can't be mistaken for anything related to a legitimate perl package name, and not naming the file ".c" avoids having to override Makefile.PL's ".xs" to ".c" rules. XS_FILE The name of the file to write containing the XS code. The default is "const-xs.inc". SUBNAME The perl visible name of the XS subroutine generated which will return the constants. The default is "constant". C_SUBNAME The name of the C subroutine generated which will return the constants. The default is SUBNAME. Child subroutines have "_" and the name length appended, so constants with 10 character names would be in "constant_10" with the default XS_SUBNAME. AUTHOR
Nicholas Clark <nick@ccl4.org> based on the code in "h2xs" by Larry Wall and others perl v5.8.0 2002-06-01 ExtUtils::Constant(3pm)