Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date Format in UNIX
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Date Format in UNIX Post 302529624 by rdcwayx on Thursday 9th of June 2011 10:41:13 PM
Old 06-09-2011
same one, cleaned.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Date Format

I have an Foxbase application that saves dates in a character field using a Unix date format. Does anyone know what the formula is to convert back to a standard date, something that can be, I hesitate to say, understood in a Windows environment, such as Excel or Access. cheers peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sfpoet
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for the correct date format in UNIx

Hi All, I am getting two input from User for Date from the command prompt when my script is executed . The date format i am taking is : DD-MM-YYYY so is there any method in Unix to validate the two input date. There might be many cases for these two date to be invalid.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rawatds
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Alternative of format date in HP unix

HI, Does anyone know how the alternative way to format date to 'Jul07' in UNIX-HP . I found HP Unix does not support date -d....:( --------------------------------------------------------------- trxStartYear=2007 mthKey0=07 trxDay=20 key=`date -d ${trxStartYear}${mthKey0}${trxDay}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: epall
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

changing the format of date in unix

When i execute the below command it is giving the timestamp in the format mentioned below ls -ltr 1234.txt | awk 'BEGIN {FS=" "} {print $6" "$7" "$8}' Mar 20 00:12 i want output in the format 200803200012 please help me how to do it here year is not returned and i have to convert mar to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix date Format (MON)

Hi , Can any one give me what is the date format for 3 character Month all caps (MON) when I do date +%b it will give me Sep But I want this to be SEP (all caps) . Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umathurumella
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert unix date to readable format

Dear Experts, I need your help to convert a unix date and time format number in to readable format like dd/mm/yyyy . I have a text file of more than 10,000 records and it is like NAME DATE1 COUNTRY DATE2 ABD 1223580395699 USA 1223580395699... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To convert a date(in string format) to unix timestamp

Hi All, I have a string like below. "Mar 31 2009" . I want to convert this to unix time . Also please let me know how to find the unix time for the above string minus one day. For Eg. if i have string "Mar 31 2009" i want to find the unix time stamp of "Mar 30 2009". Thanks in advance,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date to Unix format

Dear Expert How to convert date in format of YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS to unix format using a script or command if avaliable Example "2011-05-15 18:00:00" is converted to 1330970400 I tried to use option d in date command but no use, Im using solaris 10 Thanks a lot (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rename all Files in a UNIX Directory from one date format to another date format

Hi Unix Gurus, I would like to rename several files in a Unix Directory . The filenames can have more than 1 underscore ( _ ) and the last underscore is always followed by a date in the format mmddyyyy. The Extension of the files can be .txt or .pdf or .xls etc and is case insensitive ie... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
1 Replies
Date::Format(3) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   Date::Format(3)

NAME
Date::Format - Date formating subroutines SYNOPSIS
use Date::Format; @lt = localtime(time); print time2str($template, time); print strftime($template, @lt); print time2str($template, time, $zone); print strftime($template, @lt, $zone); print ctime(time); print asctime(@lt); print ctime(time, $zone); print asctime(@lt, $zone); DESCRIPTION
This module provides routines to format dates into ASCII strings. They correspond to the C library routines "strftime" and "ctime". time2str(TEMPLATE, TIME [, ZONE]) "time2str" converts "TIME" into an ASCII string using the conversion specification given in "TEMPLATE". "ZONE" if given specifies the zone which the output is required to be in, "ZONE" defaults to your current zone. strftime(TEMPLATE, TIME [, ZONE]) "strftime" is similar to "time2str" with the exception that the time is passed as an array, such as the array returned by "localtime". ctime(TIME [, ZONE]) "ctime" calls "time2str" with the given arguments using the conversion specification "%a %b %e %T %Y " asctime(TIME [, ZONE]) "asctime" calls "time2str" with the given arguments using the conversion specification "%a %b %e %T %Y " MULTI-LANGUAGE SUPPORT Date::Format is capable of formating into several languages by creating a language specific object and calling methods, see Date::Language my $lang = Date::Language->new('German'); $lang->time2str("%a %b %e %T %Y ", time); I am open to suggestions on this. CONVERSION SPECIFICATION
Each conversion specification is replaced by appropriate characters as described in the following list. The appropriate characters are determined by the LC_TIME category of the program's locale. %% PERCENT %a day of the week abbr %A day of the week %b month abbr %B month %c MM/DD/YY HH:MM:SS %C ctime format: Sat Nov 19 21:05:57 1994 %d numeric day of the month, with leading zeros (eg 01..31) %e like %d, but a leading zero is replaced by a space (eg 1..32) %D MM/DD/YY %G GPS week number (weeks since January 6, 1980) %h month abbr %H hour, 24 hour clock, leading 0's) %I hour, 12 hour clock, leading 0's) %j day of the year %k hour %l hour, 12 hour clock %L month number, starting with 1 %m month number, starting with 01 %M minute, leading 0's %n NEWLINE %o ornate day of month -- "1st", "2nd", "25th", etc. %p AM or PM %P am or pm (Yes %p and %P are backwards :) %q Quarter number, starting with 1 %r time format: 09:05:57 PM %R time format: 21:05 %s seconds since the Epoch, UCT %S seconds, leading 0's %t TAB %T time format: 21:05:57 %U week number, Sunday as first day of week %w day of the week, numerically, Sunday == 0 %W week number, Monday as first day of week %x date format: 11/19/94 %X time format: 21:05:57 %y year (2 digits) %Y year (4 digits) %Z timezone in ascii. eg: PST %z timezone in format -/+0000 %d, %e, %H, %I, %j, %k, %l, %m, %M, %q, %y and %Y can be output in Roman numerals by prefixing the letter with "O", e.g. %OY will output the year as roman numerals. LIMITATION
The functions in this module are limited to the time range that can be represented by the time_t data type, i.e. 1901-12-13 20:45:53 GMT to 2038-01-19 03:14:07 GMT. AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1995-2009 Graham Barr. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2009-12-12 Date::Format(3)