Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pattern matching question
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pattern matching question Post 302529581 by radoulov on Thursday 9th of June 2011 03:47:45 PM
Old 06-09-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary_w
[...]
I think the first ? is unnecessary
Depends on what needs to be matched. The * matches the null string too,
so the two patterns * and *? are different (the latter requires at least one character):

Code:
$ cat s
case $pn.$db in
   *?.fcp?(db)  ) printf '%s in the first case\n' "$pn.$db matched" ;;
   *.fcp?(db)  ) printf '%s in the second case\n' "$pn.$db matched" ;;
esac

Code:
$ pn= db=fcp
$ . s
.fcp matched in the second case
$ pn=a db=fcp
$ . s
a.fcp matched in the first case

Last edited by radoulov; 06-09-2011 at 05:08 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to radoulov For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching + perl question

i can only find the first occurance of a pattern how do i set it to loop untill all occurances have changed. #! /usr/bin/perl use POSIX; open (DFH_FILE, "./dfh") or die "Can not read file ($!)"; foreach (<DFH_FILE>) { if ($_ !~ /^#|^$/) { chomp; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pattern matching question

Hi guys, I have the following expression : typeset EXBYTEC_CHK=`egrep ^"+${PNUM}" /bb/data/firmexbytes.dta` can anybody please explain to me what ^"+${PNUM}" stands for in egrep statement? Thanks -A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED Question: Search and Replace start of line to matching pattern

Hi guys, got a problem here with sed on the command line. If i have a string as below: online xx:wer:xcv: sdf:/asdf/http:https-asdfd How can i match the pattern "http:" and replace the start of the string to the pattern with null? I tried the following but it doesn't work: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi, I am writing a simple log parsing system and have a question on pattern matching. It is simply grep -v -f patterns.re /var/log/all.log Now, I have the following in my logs Apr 16 07:33:17 ad-font-dc1 EvntSLog: AD-FONT-DC1/NTDS ISAM (700) - "NTDS (384) NTDSA: Online defragmentation... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wpfontenot
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching question

Hi guys, I have a file in the following format: 4222 323K 323L D222 494 8134 A023 A024 49 812A 9871 9872 492 A961 A962 A963 491 0B77 0B78 0B79 495 0B7A 0B7B 0B7C 4949 WER9 444L 999O I need to grep the line... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hi Guys, I am trying to setup a check for the string using an "if" statement. The valid entry is only the one which contain Numbers and Capital Alpha-Numeric characters, for example: BA6F, BA6E, BB21 etc... I am using the following "if" constract to check the input, but it fails allowing Small... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

pattern matching question

Hi Guys I am trying to check if the pattern "# sign followed by one or several tabs till the end of the line" exists in my file. I am using the following query: $ cat myfile | nawk '{if(/^#\t*$/) print "T"}' Unfortunately it does not return the desired output since I know for sure that the line... (4 Replies)
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed pattern matching question

I inherited a script that contains the following sed command: sed -n -e '/^.*ABCD|/p' $fileName | sed -e 's/^.*ABCD|//' | sed -e 's/|ABCD$//' > ${fileName}.tmp What I'm wondering is whether ABCD has a special pattern matching value in sed, such as a character class similar or identical to . ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: topmhat
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Pattern Matching Question

Hi all, I have a pattern matching problem in which i'm not sure how to attack. Here is my problem: I have a list of strings that appear in the following format: String: LE_(1234 ABC)^2^ABC^DEFG What i need to do is replace all the characters after the first ^ with blank. So the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WongSifu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash pattern matching question

I need to check the condition of a variable before the script continues and it needs to match a specific pattern such as EPS-03-0 or PDF-02-1. The first part is a 3 or 4 letter string followed by a hyphen, then a 01,02 or 03 followed by a hyphen then a 0 or a 1. I know I could check for every... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: stormcel
4 Replies
fcp(7D) 							      Devices								   fcp(7D)

NAME
fcp - Fibre Channel protocol driver DESCRIPTION
The fcp driver is the upper layer protocol that supports mechanisms for transporting SCSI-3 commands over Fibre Channel. The fcp driver, which interfaces with the Sun Fibre Channel transport library fctl(7D), supports the standard functions provided by the SCSA interface. FILES
/kernel/drv/fcp 32-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/amd64/fcp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (x86) /kernel/drv/sparcv9/fcp 64-bit ELF kernel driver (SPARC) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Unknown | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfcp | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
prtconf(1M), driver.conf(4), fctl(7D), fp(7d), usoc(7D) Writing Device Drivers Fibre Channel Physical and Signaling Interface (FC-PH) ANSI X3.230: 1994 Fibre Channel Generic Services (FC-GS-2) Project 1134-D Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FC-AL) ANSI X3.272-1996 Fibre Channel Protocol for SCSI (FCP) ANSI X3.269-1996 SCSI-3 Architecture Model (SAM) Fibre Channel Private Loop SCSI Direct Attach (FC-PLDA) ANSI X3.270-1996 Fabric Loop Attachment (FC-FLA), NCITS TR-20:1998 SunOS 5.11 20 Oct 2004 fcp(7D)