Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming error: invalid conversion from ‘const char*’ to ‘char*’ Post 302529508 by GSO on Thursday 9th of June 2011 12:20:14 PM
Old 06-09-2011
The function prototype:
Code:
printFiles::printFiles(int  argc,         /* I - Number of command-line arguments */
                          char *argv[],      /* I - Command-line arguments */
                          int &exitstat);    /* O - != 0 if an error occurred */

I was working on the basis it was probably something to do with the version of gcc in use - however compat libs and gcc3 do not seem to fix it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

char to int64 conversion

Hi, I'm converting a C program that I made using the Visual Studio. I now use GCC (over Linux) and can't find some equivalences. I changed my __int64 definitions to unsigned long long, but can't find an equivalent to the microsoft i64toa() function, which let you convert a char* to a 64 bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raspoutine
1 Replies

2. Programming

diff b/w char const in C/C++

hi, what is the difference b/w char in C and C++.and give me the examples. Thanks... sarwan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

int open(const char *pathname, int flags, mode_t mode) doubt...

hello everybody! I want to create a file with permissions for read, write, and execute to everybody using C, so I write this code: #include <stdio.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h> int main(){ int fileDescriptor; fileDescriptor =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csnmgeek
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "Invalid char ' in expession" error

I have an HP PPM (ITG) application that is running an awk command in cygwin bash shell as part of ITG process moving SAP transports on a Windows 2003 server. The awk command checks the first two characters of a file containing return code that was retrieved from the SAP server. It is throwing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: accsam1
3 Replies

5. Programming

concat const char * with char *

hello everybody! i have aproblem! i dont know how to concatenate const char* with char const char *buffer; char *b; sprintf(b,"result.txt"); strcat(buffer,b); thanx in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicos
4 Replies

6. Programming

Using const char*

I am writing some code in C++ to print a message using fprintf Here is an example void pr_desc( FILE* stream, int shift, const char* desc) { const char* format="%*s\e; fprintf(stream,format,shift,"",desc); } I call it using const char* desc; ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies

7. Programming

Double to const char conversion

Dear all, I am using C and ROOT for programming. And I need to incorporate following in my code. char *fps=NULL; int dec=0,sign=0; float mean = h1->GetMean(1); //0.001298 fps= fcvt(mean,6 , &dec, &sign); I need to provide this mean as const char to some other function to get... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script throws invalid char expression

Hello there, I am new to the awk scripting and getting the following error while running the script. Please can you advise me how to resolve this . Thanks ./sub_del_awk_lat.sh awk: cmd. line:5: warning: escape sequence `\/' treated as plain `/' awk: cmd. line:5: sed -n... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
6 Replies

9. Programming

Invalid conversion from char* to char

Pointers are seeming to get the best of me and I get that error in my program. Here is the code #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #define REPORTHEADING1 " Employee Pay Hours Gross Tax Net\n" #define REPORTHEADING2 " Name ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Plum
1 Replies

10. Programming

Bool vs char * conversion

I have a problem at make step to install a downloaded package consisted of different programs. In file included from kcdbext.cc:16:0: kcdbext.h: In member function �char* kyotocabinet::IndexDB::get(const char*, size_t, size_t*)’: kcdbext.h:1281:14: error: cannot convert �bool’ to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies
Tk_GetScrollInfo(3)					       Tk Library Procedures					       Tk_GetScrollInfo(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetScrollInfo, Tk_GetScrollInfoObj - parse arguments for scrolling commands SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetScrollInfo(interp, argc, argv, dblPtr, intPtr) int Tk_GetScrollInfoObj(interp, objc, objv, dblPtr, intPtr) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. int argc (in) Number of strings in argv array. const char *argv[] (in) Argument strings. These represent the entire widget command, of which the first word is typically the widget name and the second word is typically xview or yview. int objc (in) Number of Tcl_Obj's in objv array. Tcl_Obj *const objv[] (in) Argument objects. These represent the entire widget command, of which the first word is typically the widget name and the second word is typically xview or yview. double *dblPtr (out) Filled in with fraction from moveto option, if any. int *intPtr (out) Filled in with line or page count from scroll option, if any. The value may be negative. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetScrollInfo parses the arguments expected by widget scrolling commands such as xview and yview. It receives the entire list of words that make up a widget command and parses the words starting with argv[2]. The words starting with argv[2] must have one of the following forms: moveto fraction scroll number units scroll number pages Any of the moveto, scroll, units, and pages keywords may be abbreviated. If argv has the moveto form, TK_SCROLL_MOVETO is returned as result and *dblPtr is filled in with the fraction argument to the command, which must be a proper real value. If argv has the scroll form, TK_SCROLL_UNITS or TK_SCROLL_PAGES is returned and *intPtr is filled in with the number value, which must be a proper integer. If an error occurs in parsing the arguments, TK_SCROLL_ERROR is returned and an error message is left in interp->result. Tk_GetScrollInfoObj is identical in function to Tk_GetScrollInfo. However, Tk_GetScrollInfoObj accepts Tcl_Obj style arguments, making it more appropriate for use with new development. KEYWORDS
parse, scrollbar, scrolling command, xview, yview Tk 8.0 Tk_GetScrollInfo(3)