Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Adding extra word from file1 to file2 Post 302529441 by ctsgnb on Thursday 9th of June 2011 10:24:46 AM
Old 06-09-2011
No
remove '$host:' in every filename except when used in an scp

Also read the :
Code:
man ssh

and pay special attention to the options '-n' '-x' '-t' '-X' '-T'

all depend what you are trying to do and where you are willing to do
If you are on serv1 , when you want a command to be executed on another system serv2
just
Code:
ssh serv2 "command"

read the man page

Last edited by ctsgnb; 06-09-2011 at 11:34 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

match value from file1 in file2

Hi, i've two files (file1, file2) i want to take value (in column1) and search in file2 if the they match print the value from file2. this is what i have so far. awk 'FILENAME=="file1"{ arr=$1 } FILENAME=="file2" {print $0} ' file1 file2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: myguess21
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep -f file1 file2

Wat does this command do? fileA is a subset of fileB..now, i need to find the lines in fileB that are not in fileA...i.e fileA - fileB. diff fileA fileB gives the ouput but the format looks no good.... I just need the contents alone not the line num etc. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijay_0209
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read each word from File1 and search each file in file2

file1: has all words to be searched. 100007 200999 299997 File2: has all file names to be searched. C:\search1.txt C:\search2.txt C:\search3.txt C:\search4.txt Outfile: should have all found lines. Logic: Read each word in file1 and search each file in the list of File2; if the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: clem2610
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

file1 newer then file2

Hello, I am new to shell scripting and i need to create a script with the following directions and I can not figure it out. Create a shell script called newest.bash that takes two filenames as input arguments ($1 and $2) and prints out the name of the newest file (i.e. the file with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mandylynn78
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep -f file1 file2

Hi I started to learn bash a week ago. I need filter the strings from the last column of a "file2" that match with a column from an other "file1" file1: chr10100036394-100038350AK077761 chr10100041065-100046547AK032226 chr10100041065-100046547AK016270 chr10100041065-100046547AK078231 ...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: geparada88
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

if matching strings in file1 and file2, add column from file1 to file2

I have very limited coding skills but I'm wondering if someone could help me with this. There are many threads about matching strings in two files, but I have no idea how to add a column from one file to another based on a matching string. I'm looking to match column1 in file1 to the number... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

look for line from FILE1 at FILE2

Hi guys! I'm trying to write something to find each line of file1 into file2, if line is found return YES, if not found return NO. The result can be written to a new file. Can you please help me out? FILE1 INPUT: WATER CAR SNAKE (in reality this file has about 600 lines each with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demmel
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If file1 and file2 exist then

HI, I would like a little help on writing a if statement. What i have so far is: #!/bin/bash FILE1=path/to/file1 FILE2=path/to/file2 echo ${FILE1} ${FILE2} if ] then echo file1 and file2 not found else echo FILE ok fi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: techy1
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compare file1 and file2, print matching lines in same order as file1

I want to print only the lines in file2 that match file1, in the same order as they appear in file 1 file1 file2 desired output: I'm getting the lines to match awk 'FNR==NR {a++}; FNR!=NR && a' file1 file2 but they are in sorted order, which is not what I want: Can anyone... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to search field2 in file2 using range of fields file1 and using match to another field in file1

I am trying to use awk to find all the $2 values in file2 which is ~30MB and tab-delimited, that are between $2 and $3 in file1 which is ~2GB and tab-delimited. I have just found out that I need to use $1 and $2 and $3 from file1 and $1 and $2of file2 must match $1 of file1 and be in the range... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)