Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting regular expression for ab1-cd1. Post 302529362 by michaelrozar17 on Thursday 9th of June 2011 07:28:26 AM
Old 06-09-2011
General unix reg-ex would be as
Code:
 /^[a-z][a-z][0-9]-[a-z][a-z][0-9]$/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expression...help!!

how to list all text files except the files from 20070712: abc_20070710_123.txt abc_20070711_123.txt abc_20070712_123.txt ls *.txt | egrep"+_^20070710_+\.txt" Any idea please!! Andy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy2000
6 Replies

3. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression Help

Hi there, I have a line in a coded text from which the formtat is DEF/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA/AAA where A equals a letter but the fields after the DEF/ are optional. Which means the line could look like DEF/AAA or DEF/AAA/AAA etc etc I am trying to a find regular... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sickboy
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression help

Hi, I have a small script which uses egrep and a set of regexes to validate an IP address, however, i want to make it so that if somebody puts a leading space in front of the IP address to be validated it will fail, so this is my script #!/bin/bash #function ip_checker() { result=$( echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in regular expression

<ATTR name="ABCDEFGH" value=""/> <ATTR name="HJYR" value=""/> what would be the regular expression to match both the above strings... Always end with value=""/> always start with <ATTR name=" the ATTR name can be anything.. I need to use this with match() in awk. Thanks.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression

Could anyone of you please guide me on making correct regular expression to match the exact word or character I have some numbers like 12345780 extn 1234 1234567 x 43545 13245678 Extn 454857 if * ]]; then VAR3=`echo "$NUMBER" | nawk -F "*" '{print $1 $2}'` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
4 Replies

9. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)