Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting vim Script: Switching between modes Post 302529309 by ctsgnb on Thursday 9th of June 2011 03:35:08 AM
Old 06-09-2011
"However, n is dependent on wherever the written text ends"

Please post an example of input and expected output so we may be able to help you to generate the output as you need

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux communications modes

what r the ways in which a linux application communicate with an external system like linux or windows? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shil
1 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

different modes?

What are the Guided and Enhanced Modes? This is something new right? Or have I been the most unobservant guy on the face of this planet? At first I thought it was something for Gollum the forumbot, but its there everytime you start a new thread. What is the difference between the two? And how do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

switching to another user in shell script...

Hi, I have a shell script in which I need to switch to another user and execute some commands and then come back to the original user. To make it more clear - I have to log in as user root then 'su' to jag - execute a script called backup.sh and then logout and come back to root again.. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjagadeesh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Switching user inside a shell script

Dear All, I want to switch a user inside a shell script.My current user say x and user y to whom i want to switch both have login on the same server,the one on which i want to execute my script on. "I want to do something like this su - y Password should be provided in the script itself.And... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navjotmannan
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Very Importan - Vim Settings - Error while opening a File using vim

I downloaded vim.7.2 and compiled the vim source . Added the vim binary path to PATH (Because iam not the root of the box) when i load the file using vim it throws me an error Error detected while processing /home2/e3003091/.vimrc: line 2: E185: Cannot find color scheme darkblue line... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girija
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem switching to directory using shell script

Hi, I have an issue with switching to other directory through shell script. I have used cd /Music" but that doesn't help me. Then I have also tried using alias proj 'Music' alias then I get the error permission denied but i set the chmod 777 Music. I am using cShell for my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluk
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Access Modes

What access modes (permissions) are given to new files you create? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: naasei
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching user inside a shell script doesn't seem to work

Linux version : Oracle Linux 6.4 Shell : Bash The following script will be run as root. During the execution, it should switch to oracle user and execute few commands. After googling and searching within unix.com , I came up with the following syntax ## Enclosing all commands in double... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: John K
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Switching server in UNIX via shell script (SSH )

Requirement: I am writing a shell script which take some file from say Server1 and I have to execute some command on Server2 then I have to manipulate the data and based on that I have to produce report. Problem:I can schedule the shell script on only one server (Server1 or Server2) So, In the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raks2301
3 Replies
vim-registry(5) 						    vim addons							   vim-registry(5)

NAME
vim-registry - syntax for vim-addons registry files SYNOPSIS
PACKAGE-NAME.yaml DESCRIPTION
A registry file is a multi-document YAML file (i.e. it can be composed by several different YAML documents separated by "---" lines). Each YAML document represents a registry entry, that is the information describing a single addon. Ideally, the registry directory contains one file per package shipping addons; with a filename obeying to the convention PACKAGE-NAME.yaml. Hence a single package can contribute to the registry with multiple entries described in a single YAML file. For example, the "vim-scripts" package should ship a single /usr/share/vim/registry/vim-scripts.yaml file, containing one YAML document per shipped addon. The first lines of such file can look like the following: addon: alternate description: "alternate pairing files (e.g. .c/.h) with short ex-commands" basedir: /usr/share/vim-scripts/ disabledby: "let loaded_alternateFile = 1" files: - plugin/a.vim - doc/alternate.txt --- addon: whatdomain description: "query the meaning of a Top Level Domain" basedir: /usr/share/vim-scripts/ disabledby: "let loaded_whatdomain = 1" files: - plugin/whatdomain.vim --- Each registry entry may contain the following fields, to be typeset according to the YAML specification: addon (Required) Name of the addon. description (Required) Human understandable textual description of the addon. files (Required) List of the files which compose the addon and are required to be present in a component of the Vim runtime path for the addon to be enabled. Each file is specified relative to a component of the Vim runtime path. basedir (Optional) Directory where the files shipped by the addon (i.e., where the symlinks of the user/sysadm should point to) reside on the filesys- tem. Default is /usr/share/vim/addons. disabledby (Optional) Vim script command that can be used (usually by adding it to ~/.vimrc) to prevent the addon from being used even when it is installed. The intended usage of this field is to "blacklist" an undesired addon whose files are available, and hence automatically loaded by Vim, in a component of the Vim runtime path. AUTHOR
James Vega <jamessan@debian.org> SEE ALSO
vim-addons(1), YAML specification <http://www.yaml.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 James Vega This program is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3 as pub- lished by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. Debian Project January 2010 vim-registry(5)