Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to run a script using cron job and send the output as attachment via e-mail using unix Post 302529274 by itkamaraj on Thursday 9th of June 2011 02:03:53 AM
Old 06-09-2011
try mutt

Code:
mutt -s "Log file" -a log_file.txt all@all.org < mail_contents

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Command line/Script to send E-mail with HTML body and binary attachment

I apoligize for the cross-post but I'm not getting much in the way of help in the dummies forum: I'm trying to script sending an e-mail message on an AIX 5.x server with the following requirements: 1. command line switch to specify file name containing message body in HTML format 2. command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: G-Man
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed which will send a mail with attachment files

Hello, I need a shell script which need to send a mail with 4 *.csv files as attachments.Anybody can help me? At present i have a script which is sending only one file as attachments.But i need a script which send 4 files in a shot. #!/bin/ksh /bin/mail xxxx@xx.xom << EOF Subject:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mar1006
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to send a attachment mail in unix

hi, i have the code as below #!/bin/sh MAIL=/usr/bin/Mail Mail_addr="aaa@bb.com" Mail_file="/home/delta/dev/aa.doc" ${MAIL} -s " health check" ${Mail_addr} < ${Mail_file} (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

send mail from AIX unix with multiple attachment

Hi, I have the below code for sending email from AIX unix. I need the body of the mail should content of errornotify.txt file. i tested with cat errornotify.txt, it is not working...Also i need multiple attachments. Can you please help me out on this. ( echo "From:cus@xxx.xx.com" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsivasan
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to avoid cron job output to send to the junk email folder?

Hi i created a cron job which invoke a shell script and output some content via email. Some times these output are sent to the junk email folder. i want these mails to be sent to inbox with some specific font. what i have to do? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send mail with attachment in Unix

Hi All, Is it possible to send mail in Unix with attachment. If yes, then how?? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
8 Replies

7. AIX

Need to send attachment in Mail without using uuencode via script in AIX6.1

Dear All, Would some one help me with this to send a file as attachment in a mail using a script without uuencode... I am working on AIX 6.1, the thing is I dont have uuencode available... Is there any other alternate possible way to send file attachment with the mail without using uuencode... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: msmadhan11
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output differs when run manually and when cron job executes it

I get a different output when i manually run the .sh script and when it is run by a cron job. Please help me .. TMP1="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t1" TMP2="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t2" TMP3="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.t3" OUTPUT="/lhome/bbuser/script/wslog/sar.out"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithinankam
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that will send an email if the cron job did not run.

Team, Would like to know what is the best script that will send you an email if cronjob did not run. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script to run a script which don't get terminated and send a pattern from the output by mail

Hi Guys, I am very new to shell script and I need your help here to write a script. Actually, I have a script abc.sh which don't get terminated itself. So I need to design a script to run this script, save the output to a file, search for a given string in the output and if it exists send those... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sambit Sahu
11 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
auth/cron [-c] DESCRIPTION
Cron executes commands at specified dates and times according to instructions in the files /cron/user/cron. It runs only on an authentica- tion server. Option -c causes cron to create /cron/user and /cron/user/cron for the current user; it can be run from any Plan 9 machine. Blank lines and lines beginning with # in these files are ignored. Entries are lines with fields minute hour day month weekday host command Command is a string, which may contain spaces, that is passed to an rc(1) running on host for execution. The first five fields are integer patterns for minute 0-59 hour 0-23 day of month 1-31 month of year 1-12 day of week 0-6; 0=Sunday The syntax for these patterns is time : '*' | range range : number | number '-' number | range ',' range Each number must be in the appropriate range. Hyphens specify inclusive ranges of valid times; commas specify lists of valid time ranges. To run the job, cron calls host and authenticates remote execution, equivalent to running rx host command (see con(1)). The user's profile is run with $service set to rx. Cron is not a reliable service. It skips commands if it cannot reach host within two minutes, or if the cron daemon is not running at the appropriate time. EXAMPLES
Here is the job that mails system news. % cat /cron/upas/cron # send system news 15 8-17, 21 *** helix /mail/lib/mailnews % SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/auth/cron.c SEE ALSO
con(1), rc(1) CRON(8)