Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP and SCP help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP and SCP help Post 302529262 by rishav on Thursday 9th of June 2011 01:03:35 AM
Old 06-09-2011
if u r having problem with creating ssh connection you can go through this:
SSH login without password

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OpenSSH: SFTP X SCP

Hi all, I'm implementing some updates to my scripts that are now using ftp command. I was thinking about replace it by SFTP. Now I see that SCP does basically the same that SFTP. So... what are the differences between them? Thanks in advance... ;O) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alienET
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sftp/scp autologin

Ive have 2 unix machines i need to transfer files from one to the other. Im trying to use either sftp or scp as ftp is out of the question. Ive created the RSA key on one machine and copied it across but im still prompted for a password. Assume this is due to the fact that im not using the same ID... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: devid
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sftp vs scp

My transmit rates are waaay faster using scp over sftp....anyone know why scp is faster than sftp? I am using solaris 8 for my unix systems. -S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sowser
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

scp or sftp to Window server

Dear Unix Gurus, I have a question to confirm before I proceed to script my program. I'm currently running on IBM AIX Ver 5.3. I just like to know if it's compatible to use scp or sftp between AIX and Wintel server? I'm trying to scp or sftp a file from AIX to Window server and I was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lweegp
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

sftp/scp without password

Hi, I want to use sftp/scp without password.How can I do that ?? I plan to use script with scp/sftp and execute by cronjob ,any sample or example?? How can I test the scp/sftp working or not in the same user account , in the same red linux server?? any suggestion ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuikingman
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp script for doing sftp

Hi, I have to do SFTP from Linux machine to Salaries SFTP folder. Using psftp I got the following fingur print and I know using scp I can go the sftp transfer. But I believe I need public key file generated. Can some one pls let me know how to generate the public file using following finger... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamakshay
1 Replies

7. AIX

what to use sftp or scp

hi, i have a weird problem i have to copy the file with caret(^) in it. but when i tries to copy with scp. It(scp) says that it cant use ^file_name scp mohit^narang user@machine/mohit^narang the error comes in the second parameter.if i used user@machine/mohit_narang(under score) instead... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
2 Replies

8. Solaris

SCP/SFTP- Stalled- solaris

hello all, I am getting the following error with the SCP/Sftp is getting stalled on solaris 10 . pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip 0% 2068KB 0.0KB/s - stalled -Write failed: Broken pipe pxxx_xxx_SOLARIS64_1of7.zip ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passwordless SFTP - SCP Option?

I have read documentation on SCP and just trying to figure out how go about doing this - below are two pieces of code, one is SFTP and one is SCP. My goal is to have this done via password-less authentication, fully automated. Currently we use SFTP and the script asks for the password of the... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stigy
20 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP / SCP using password

Hi, I was provided with sftp servername, user and password and the requirement is to connect to sftp server using credentials provided and drop the file. Manually i am able to connect with commands like sftp user@servername and after clicking enter, i was asked for a password and entering... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forums123456
4 Replies
DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream(3pm)

NAME
DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream - DBD::Gofer transport for stdio streaming SYNOPSIS
DBI->connect('dbi:Gofer:transport=stream;url=ssh:username@host.example.com;dsn=dbi:...',...) or, enable by setting the DBI_AUTOPROXY environment variable: export DBI_AUTOPROXY='dbi:Gofer:transport=stream;url=ssh:username@host.example.com' DESCRIPTION
Without the "url=" parameter it launches a subprocess as perl -MDBI::Gofer::Transport::stream -e run_stdio_hex and feeds requests into it and reads responses from it. But that's not very useful. With a "url=ssh:username@host.example.com" parameter it uses ssh to launch the subprocess on a remote system. That's much more useful! It gives you secure remote access to DBI databases on any system you can login to. Using ssh also gives you optional compression and many other features (see the ssh manual for how to configure that and many other options via ~/.ssh/config file). The actual command invoked is something like: ssh -xq ssh:username@host.example.com bash -c $setup $run where $run is the command shown above, and $command is . .bash_profile 2>/dev/null || . .bash_login 2>/dev/null || . .profile 2>/dev/null; exec "$@" which is trying (in a limited and fairly unportable way) to setup the environment (PATH, PERL5LIB etc) as it would be if you had logged in to that system. The ""perl"" used in the command will default to the value of $^X when not using ssh. On most systems that's the full path to the perl that's currently executing. PERSISTENCE
Currently gofer stream connections persist (remain connected) after all database handles have been disconnected. This makes later connections in the same process very fast. Currently up to 5 different gofer stream connections (based on url) can persist. If more than 5 are in the cache when a new connection is made then the cache is cleared before adding the new connection. Simple but effective. TO DO
Document go_perl attribute Automatically reconnect (within reason) if there's a transport error. Decide on default for persistent connection - on or off? limits? ttl? AUTHOR
Tim Bunce, <http://www.tim.bunce.name> LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, Tim Bunce, Ireland. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. SEE ALSO
DBD::Gofer::Transport::Base DBD::Gofer perl v5.14.2 2010-12-21 DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream(3pm)